• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cleark saves two from armed thugs..

Richieg150

Its a good thing the convience store was in St. Louis,and not Illinois. The LEO's would have probably charged the clerk with having a gun, or for dischargeing within the city limits or any number of bogus charges. Its to bad the clerk wasnt a better shot, there would be two less thugs to worry about.With all the hassel involved in Illinois with hand guns, how could those two thugs even have a handgun.....that would be against the law..........oh my bad, I keep forgetting criminals dont obey the laws, they are there just to constrict and tie the hands of the the innocent.

Richieg150

OPPS, after rereading the article, the thugs werent in Illinois,but north St. Louis, but my points remain the same............criminals dont obey the law, thats why they are criminals.All these gun laws just make the innocent victims, or criminals for not wanting to be victims.

NG19

That's right, criminals don't obey the laws and never will. When a state or city outlaws OC'ing or even CC'ing then they are only taking the gun out of the good and law abiding citizens, not the criminals. In any situation you need to be ready, criminals are everywhere, and if you are not allowed then you can not be ready to defend yourself or your loved ones when the time comes. It is good that this situation turned out for the better but, the next encounter the victims might not be as lucky. I pray that all goes well for anyone that is in a situation like that but, criminals don't think rationally and everything can go wrong in an instant.

Mo

Banned
Anybody see this idiotic comment??

No, if a so call law abiding citizen sells guns to a criminal, then report the gun stolen. He still can pass the background check but does not follow the law.
I spend 4 years in the USMC and we all had a weapon. NEVER HAD I HEARD OF A WEAPON BEING STOLEN.

So bad guys find good guys that pass background checks to sell them guns. That's news to me.

Richieg150

So bad guys find good guys that pass background checks to sell them guns. That's news to me.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I could see this happening,that doesnt make our current system at fault. There are always going to be those that break and abuse the laws we have. You could think up the wildest and most perverse thing,and because our society is in a downward spiral away from morality, somebody, somewhere, will be doing it. So, somebody that can pass a background check, and selling the firearm to a criminal, thats just the tip of the iceberg.