• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

i just heard this on fox 13 WTF!!!!!!

deserteagle50

Fox 13 juat ran a story on the open carry bill and stated that "legislaters behind this bill stated that they never intended to allow citizens to open carry guns

nigmalg

Which is true. They didn't argue for open carry, they argued for "accidental or inadvertent exposure". Didn't you hear, we won! :banghead:

Next round, we don't hold back. The entire effort should be about open carry. Nothing else in the bill. If it's voted down, then we have a list of senators that are clearly and officially anti-rights. They'll have a record to prove it.

crashnjax

I am not surprised no more. They are rich and powerful and live in secured settings. They do not have to defend themselves like we might have to. So why would they give us a right back they took in the 1st place?

jonkknox

Which is true. They didn't argue for open carry, they argued for "accidental or inadvertent exposure". Didn't you hear, we won! :banghead:

Next round, we don't hold back. The entire effort should be about open carry. Nothing else in the bill. If it's voted down, then we have a list of senators that are clearly and officially anti-rights. They'll have a record to prove it.

I'm just thinking... if such a bill (open carry only) were to be submitted next year... wouldn't it definitely go through Criminal Justice? And not see the light of day beyond that committee?

~*'Phoenix'*~

I'm just thinking... if such a bill (open carry only) were to be submitted next year... wouldn't it definitely go through Criminal Justice? And not see the light of day beyond that committee?

Not if we convince President Haridopolous to assign Dean, Smith, or Margolis committee seat to someone else, someone pro-guns and pro-freedom ;)
Evers and Dockery can stay. They lack the fortitude to make good on their efforts, but they'll still pass it along and passively support it. We just need to replace one of more of the other oppressors.

mister45

Dean has too many fingers in the pudding to be replaced by anyone or else he will get some of his underlings to do his dirty work and smile like a jacka** the whole time even denying he knew anything about it, He is as dirty as he was in Citrus when he was a sheriff... Nothings changed, except his stomping grounds, cause his flunkies still run the citrus county sheriffs office and now it shows that his power extends to the state...

This is a shame, They should have never took away the rights to open carry, But all they keep saying it how much trouble it will cause... Once they take away a right, others can and will be lost...

77zach

Whatever happens, it looks like I'm going to have to go up there, and nicely tell them they're violating our rights in a bad way. Yes, the language of the new bill is HORRIFIC and CCers are still at risk, but that will be a footnote. We ain't ever getting OC if all we're worried about is CCers getting trouble. I conceded to Marion Hammer's experience. I was wrong to do that. It was a Dumb Asss tactic to go one dimensional. I think if Evers and NRA had talked like Dorworth there would have been a real shot at us OCing next week.

mister45

The NRA really doesn't care what laws and rules are drawn up, All they really care about is the idiots that keep sending in their monies to support them... When it all comes down to the wire, The NRA could truly care less....