Thread: NRA State Senate Ratings

NRA State Senate Ratings

Current NRA Ratings.

Looks like R = A. D = F.

Exceptions: 14th: Olsen (R) = B-, 12th: Holperin (D) = B-, 15th: Cullen (D) = C, 22nd: Wirch (D) = A,
    27th: Erpenbach (D) = D, 24th: Lassa (D) = A-, 31st: Vinehout (D) = A

District Senator Up Rating Party
    1 Frank Lasee 2014 A R
    2 Robert Cowles 2012 A R
    3 Tim Carpenter 2014 F D
    4 Lena Taylor 2012 F D
    5 Leah Vukmir 2014 A R
    6 Spencer Coggs 2012 F D
    7 Chris Larson 2014 NA D
    8 Alberta Darling 2012 A R
    9 Joe Leibham 2014 A+ R
    10 Sheila Harsdorf 2012 A R
    11 Neal Kedzie 2014 A R
    12 Jim Holperin 2012 B- D
    13 Scott Fitzgerald 2014 A R
    14 Luther Olsen 2012 B- R
    15 Tim Cullen 2014 C D
    16 Mark Miller 2012 F D
    17 Dale Schultz 2014 A R
    18 Randy Hopper 2012 A R
    19 Michael Ellis 2014 A R
    20 Glenn Grothman 2012 A R
    21 Van H. Wanggaard 2014 A R
    22 Robert Wirch 2012 A D
    23 Terry Moulton 2014 A R
    24 Julie Lassa 2012 A- D
    25 Robert Jauch 2014 F D
    26 Fred Risser 2012 F D
    27 Jon Erpenbach 2014 D D
    28 Mary Lazich 2012 A R
    29 Pam Galloway 2014 A R
    30 Dave Hansen 2012 F D
    31 Kathleen Vinehout 2014 A D
    32 Dan Kapanke 2012 A R
    33 Rich Zipperer 2014 A R

A+ Rating 1
    A Rating 19
    A- Rating 1
    B- Rating 2
    C Rating 1
    D Rating 1
    F Rating 7
    No Available Rating 1
    Total 33
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

With 21 NRA ratings of A-, A, or A+, and the NRA supporting Constitutional Carry, Constitutional Carry should be a slam dunk, why the delay?
    Last edited by Flipper; 04-28-2011 at 10:17 AM.
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Flipper View Post
    With 21 NRA ratings of A-, A, or A+, and the NRA supporting Constitutional Carry, Constitutional Carry should be a slam dunk, why the delay?
    Because everyone has to get on board yet...
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

I'm surprised, nay SHOCKED, to see my traitor Bob Wirch gets an A rating.

So I fired off an email today requesting his support and opinion on Constitutional Carry. I wait with bated breath for his reply.
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 04-28-2011 at 05:50 PM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    I'm surprised, nay SHOCKED, to see my traitor Bob Wirch gets an A rating.

So I fired off an email today requesting his support and opinion on Constitutional Carry. I wait with bated breath for his reply.
    We should be asking the NRA why they gave him an A.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    We should be asking the NRA why they gave him an A.
    I guess we can ask at the meeting.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    I guess we can ask at the meeting.
    I will. I can also predict blank stares and deer in the headlights followed by lame excuses and equivocation.

The NRA says their ratings are based on one thing: Support for the NRA agenda. When the legislature swings Democratic again, and sooner or later it will, we are going be very glad to have "A" rated "Ds."

If both an incumbent and a challenger is equally rated, then the IRA will support the incumbent. It's called accumulation of political power. If you disagree with this policy then there's always the GOA.

btw: I feel is the GOA an organization that has a positive effect at the national level, but I haven't seen a Wisconsin presence, and I have been following Wisconsin firearm legislation for some time. Anyone correct me if I am wrong about the GOA efforts in Wisconsin. Please no NRA good, GOA bad, GOA good, NRA bad discussion.

If both Wirch (NRA "A") and Olsen (NRA "B-") survive their recalls, watch to see who is the more pro-firearm.
    Last edited by Flipper; 04-28-2011 at 07:39 PM.

The NRA says their ratings are based on one thing: Support for the NRA agenda. .
    Then the NRA agenda doesn't require support of constitutional carry in order to receive an 'A'. Julie Lassa D - Stevens Point twice voted to over-ride Doyle's veto of concealed carry and continues to support (licensed) concealed carry. But in her correspondence to me she has not stated she will support constitutional carry let alone actually sign on as a sponsor to any legislation.
    Member of Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultus habebunt...

Quote Originally Posted by scm54449 View Post
    Then the NRA agenda doesn't require support of constitutional carry in order to receive an 'A'. Julie Lassa D - Stevens Point twice voted to over-ride Doyle's veto of concealed carry and continues to support (licensed) concealed carry. But in her correspondence to me she has not stated she will support constitutional carry let alone actually sign on as a sponsor to any legislation.
    Big question is what effect on NRA ratings will support/non-support for Constitutional Carry have. I would also add Castle Doctrine - Stand Your Ground to the mix. The NRA's new state legislative rep has one he##'va job ahead of him. I don't envy him.

The NRA says their ratings are based on one thing: Support for the NRA agenda. When the legislature swings Democratic again, and sooner or later it will, we are going be very glad to have "A" rated "Ds."

If both an incumbent and a challenger is equally rated, then the IRA will support the incumbent. It's called accumulation of political power. If you disagree with this policy then there's always the GOA.

btw: I feel is the GOA an organization that has a positive effect at the national level, but I haven't seen a Wisconsin presence, and I have been following Wisconsin firearm legislation for some time. Anyone correct me if I am wrong about the GOA efforts in Wisconsin. Please no NRA good, GOA bad, GOA good, NRA bad discussion.

If both Wirch (NRA "A") and Olsen (NRA "B-") survive their recalls, watch to see who is the more pro-firearm.
    But the don't support the 2nd Amendment, its a sham they use to get elected. Name one thing they have done to earn even a C.

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    But the don't support the 2nd Amendment, its a sham they use to get elected. Name one thing they have done to earn even a C.
    I guess that is something that whoever can vote for them should ask.

About time the the NRA and pols learn that a high NRA rating is no longer considered a "no questions asked" honorary degree. Firearm owners are going to ask "what did you do to earn it."

NRA Life Endowment Member
    Last edited by Flipper; 04-28-2011 at 09:39 PM.

I guess that is something that whoever can vote for them should ask.

About time the the NRA and pols learn that a high NRA rating is no longer considered a "no questions asked" honorary degree. Firearm owners are going to ask "what did you do to earn it."

NRA Life Endowment Member
    He gets a chance to prove himself soon, God willing.