• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA State Senate Ratings

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Current NRA Ratings.

Looks like R = A. D = F.

Exceptions: 14th: Olsen (R) = B-, 12th: Holperin (D) = B-, 15th: Cullen (D) = C, 22nd: Wirch (D) = A,
27th: Erpenbach (D) = D, 24th: Lassa (D) = A-, 31st: Vinehout (D) = A

District Senator Up Rating Party
1 Frank Lasee 2014 A R
2 Robert Cowles 2012 A R
3 Tim Carpenter 2014 F D
4 Lena Taylor 2012 F D
5 Leah Vukmir 2014 A R
6 Spencer Coggs 2012 F D
7 Chris Larson 2014 NA D
8 Alberta Darling 2012 A R
9 Joe Leibham 2014 A+ R
10 Sheila Harsdorf 2012 A R
11 Neal Kedzie 2014 A R
12 Jim Holperin 2012 B- D
13 Scott Fitzgerald 2014 A R
14 Luther Olsen 2012 B- R
15 Tim Cullen 2014 C D
16 Mark Miller 2012 F D
17 Dale Schultz 2014 A R
18 Randy Hopper 2012 A R
19 Michael Ellis 2014 A R
20 Glenn Grothman 2012 A R
21 Van H. Wanggaard 2014 A R
22 Robert Wirch 2012 A D
23 Terry Moulton 2014 A R
24 Julie Lassa 2012 A- D
25 Robert Jauch 2014 F D
26 Fred Risser 2012 F D
27 Jon Erpenbach 2014 D D
28 Mary Lazich 2012 A R
29 Pam Galloway 2014 A R
30 Dave Hansen 2012 F D
31 Kathleen Vinehout 2014 A D
32 Dan Kapanke 2012 A R
33 Rich Zipperer 2014 A R

A+ Rating 1
A Rating 19
A- Rating 1
B- Rating 2
C Rating 1
D Rating 1
F Rating 7
No Available Rating 1
Total 33

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
With 21 NRA ratings of A-, A, or A+, and the NRA supporting Constitutional Carry, Constitutional Carry should be a slam dunk, why the delay?

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

I'm surprised, nay SHOCKED, to see my traitor Bob Wirch gets an A rating.

So I fired off an email today requesting his support and opinion on Constitutional Carry. I wait with bated breath for his reply.

Last edited:

oak1971

I'm surprised, nay SHOCKED, to see my traitor Bob Wirch gets an A rating.

So I fired off an email today requesting his support and opinion on Constitutional Carry. I wait with bated breath for his reply.

We should be asking the NRA why they gave him an A.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
The NRA says their ratings are based on one thing: Support for the NRA agenda. When the legislature swings Democratic again, and sooner or later it will, we are going be very glad to have "A" rated "Ds."

If both an incumbent and a challenger is equally rated, then the IRA will support the incumbent. It's called accumulation of political power. If you disagree with this policy then there's always the GOA.

btw: I feel is the GOA an organization that has a positive effect at the national level, but I haven't seen a Wisconsin presence, and I have been following Wisconsin firearm legislation for some time. Anyone correct me if I am wrong about the GOA efforts in Wisconsin. Please no NRA good, GOA bad, GOA good, NRA bad discussion.

If both Wirch (NRA "A") and Olsen (NRA "B-") survive their recalls, watch to see who is the more pro-firearm.

Last edited:

scm54449

Opt-Out Members
The NRA says their ratings are based on one thing: Support for the NRA agenda. .

Then the NRA agenda doesn't require support of constitutional carry in order to receive an 'A'. Julie Lassa D - Stevens Point twice voted to over-ride Doyle's veto of concealed carry and continues to support (licensed) concealed carry. But in her correspondence to me she has not stated she will support constitutional carry let alone actually sign on as a sponsor to any legislation.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Then the NRA agenda doesn't require support of constitutional carry in order to receive an 'A'. Julie Lassa D - Stevens Point twice voted to over-ride Doyle's veto of concealed carry and continues to support (licensed) concealed carry. But in her correspondence to me she has not stated she will support constitutional carry let alone actually sign on as a sponsor to any legislation.

Big question is what effect on NRA ratings will support/non-support for Constitutional Carry have. I would also add Castle Doctrine - Stand Your Ground to the mix. The NRA's new state legislative rep has one he##'va job ahead of him. I don't envy him.

oak1971

The NRA says their ratings are based on one thing: Support for the NRA agenda. When the legislature swings Democratic again, and sooner or later it will, we are going be very glad to have "A" rated "Ds."

If both an incumbent and a challenger is equally rated, then the IRA will support the incumbent. It's called accumulation of political power. If you disagree with this policy then there's always the GOA.

btw: I feel is the GOA an organization that has a positive effect at the national level, but I haven't seen a Wisconsin presence, and I have been following Wisconsin firearm legislation for some time. Anyone correct me if I am wrong about the GOA efforts in Wisconsin. Please no NRA good, GOA bad, GOA good, NRA bad discussion.

If both Wirch (NRA "A") and Olsen (NRA "B-") survive their recalls, watch to see who is the more pro-firearm.

But the don't support the 2nd Amendment, its a sham they use to get elected. Name one thing they have done to earn even a C.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
But the don't support the 2nd Amendment, its a sham they use to get elected. Name one thing they have done to earn even a C.

I guess that is something that whoever can vote for them should ask.

About time the the NRA and pols learn that a high NRA rating is no longer considered a "no questions asked" honorary degree. Firearm owners are going to ask "what did you do to earn it."

NRA Life Endowment Member

Last edited:

oak1971

I guess that is something that whoever can vote for them should ask.

About time the the NRA and pols learn that a high NRA rating is no longer considered a "no questions asked" honorary degree. Firearm owners are going to ask "what did you do to earn it."

NRA Life Endowment Member

He gets a chance to prove himself soon, God willing.