Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why would anyone carry in a church?

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com

Why would anyone carry in a church?

http://www.wftv.com/news/27697388/de...=cmg_cntnt_rss

See the article. I'm actually surprised that churches aren't hit more often.
    Last edited by JamesCanby; 04-28-2011 at 11:46 AM.

Banned
    Because Jesus told me to...

We always have 4-5 people packing during services at our church. And it's a fairly small church.

The question should be "Why wouldn't people carry in a church?"

i would say a church is a higher probability of needing your gun than at walmart these days. alot of religious radicals that blow up and shoot up churches...i carry at church. i also make sure im concealing deeply just out of respect. no attention, even positive attention needs to be drawn towards my gun in a place that ALL attention should b set aside for your higher power.

Banned
    It would be good to at times, remind the people that the RKBA is part of religion.

For the exact same reasons to do so elsewhere.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

if being robbed isnt enough reason. Here's another reason. This happened at a church by my house a few years ago.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...21/detail.html

Why would anyone go to a church?

Banned
    Better than going to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    haha...

I always tell people.. if I'm wrong and there is no God, then I"ve lived a good life and I have lost nothing... if THEY are wrong and there IS God, then they have lost EVERYTHING.

I forgot criminals don't go into churches. God believes in SD. I think.

Hi.

The Roman sword was the primary weapon of the day in Christs time on the earth The disciples open carried even in Jesus's company. When Christ was being arrested Peter drew his sword and struck off the high priest servants ear.

"Then Simon Peter having a sword drew it, and smote the high priest's servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant's name was Malchus." (Matthew 18:10).

Christ never said, Peter, how dare you open carry a sword in my presence! Christ never claimed love not war will win out in the end? Christ never called for a sword ban. Christ merely told Peter to; Put it away Peter, now is not the time!

"Then said Jesus unto Peter, Put up thy sword into the sheath:" (Matthew 18:11).

Thats why I would open carry in any church where it was legal to do so in the USA. Haz.
    When a criminal invades your home and has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.

My Definition of Gun Control: The idea that dozens of people found dead in the Broadway Café, Tasmania, and many also seriously wounded, all while waiting for police, who were called to show up and protect them, is somehow morally superior to having several armed and therefore alive civilian's explaining to police how the attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

Hah. Believe me, Hell is FULL of church goers.

Quote Originally Posted by Haz. View Post
    Hi.

The Roman sword was the primary weapon of the day in Christs time on the earth The disciples open carried even in Jesus's company. When Christ was being arrested Peter drew his sword and struck off the high priest servants ear.

"Then Simon Peter having a sword drew it, and smote the high priest's servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant's name was Malchus." (Matthew 18:10).

Christ never said, Peter, how dare you open carry a sword in my presence! Christ never claimed love not war will win out in the end? Christ never called for a sword ban. Christ merely told Peter to; Put it away Peter, now is not the time!

"Then said Jesus unto Peter, Put up thy sword into the sheath:" (Matthew 18:11).

Thats why I would open carry in any church where it was legal to do so in the USA. Haz.

Well put Haz. To bad they don't follow Christ's example "Down Under"!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger Johnson View Post
    Hah. Believe me, Hell is FULL of church goers.
    No argument there. Church doesnt save in and of itself.

Luke 22:36 King James Bible
    Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterdave View Post
    Well put Haz. To bad they don't follow Christ's example "Down Under"!
    Yeh, at our expense. Last time I looked Australia was a supposedy a Christian country. The majority of politicians make a right show of themselves by going to church regurlarly and at the same time take away a mans God given right to defend himself, his family and property, whilst they themselves CC and or have body guards. They are pathetic excuses for human beings in my humble opinion.
    When a criminal invades your home and has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.

My Definition of Gun Control: The idea that dozens of people found dead in the Broadway Café, Tasmania, and many also seriously wounded, all while waiting for police, who were called to show up and protect them, is somehow morally superior to having several armed and therefore alive civilian's explaining to police how the attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

Banned
    Pharisees.

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Well said stainless1911.

God provides us with the ability to feed, to cloth and to protect and defend ourselves and our families where ever we are against all criminals. Haz.

"Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:" (Psalms 144:1).

aw, stainless you beat me to it

what really burns me is, what is the government setting laws for churches anyway
    1. its a church, 1stA would seem to apply
    2. it's private property. it should be up to the organization

btw, not clear on this does the laws say place of worship or church? would this cover synagogues, mosque or covenants?
    Last edited by papa bear; 04-30-2011 at 08:37 PM. Reason: after thought
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Banned
    Depends on your state. In Michigan, it's this--> MCL 28.425o (snip) (e) Any property or facility owned or operated by a church, synagogue, mosque, temple, or other place of worship, unless the presiding official or officials of the church, synagogue, mosque, temple, or other place of worship permit the carrying of concealed pistol on that property or facility.

IMO, it should absolutely be covered by freedom of religion, and the second amendment.

They are in fact, prohibiting the practice of sound doctrine which in any form, is blatantly against the first amendment.

In terms of doctrine, a church isn't a place anyhow, see cite --->Matthew 18:20 King James Bible
    For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Where is the building? property? facility?

The church is called the body of Christ, and it is NOT a building!

1 Corinthians 12:12-27 (King James Version)

12For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
    13For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
    14For the body is not one member, but many.
    15If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
    16And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
    17If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
    18But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.
    19And if they were all one member, where were the body?
    20But now are they many members, yet but one body.
    21And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.
    22Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:
    23And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.
    24For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked.
    25That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.
    26And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.
    27Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

Ephesians 4 12,
    For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

How do you edify a building?
    Last edited by stainless1911; 04-30-2011 at 10:05 PM.

"The church is called the body of Christ, and it is NOT a building!"

Correct. The church is the body of Christ. It is a called out body of people of all nations who have been born again and who live a true Christian life. It is all those who are alive and in Christ.

If one is a believer, then God is in favour of self defence! Scripture teaches us to be armed and able to defend ourselves. What true minister or follower of Christ and believer in God would think they know more than God Himself and want to ban people from being able to do just that if and when attacked regardless of what building they are in?

"Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." (Luke 22:36). Haz.

When I was arrested for OC at a church last summer (04JUL) "why did you carry a gun in a church" was a common question from reporters.

I didn't "carry a gun to church".
    I carried like I normally do, and I went to church.
    There's a difference.
    I did what I normally do - being ready to protect myself - where I happened to be that day - at a church.

I've seen & read enough news reports to know that criminals will strike anywhere, and they're most attracted to places they think they'll not be confronted or harmed.
    Churches are not exempt. In fact, they're a favorite target because of the large number of people, generally presumed to be unable to defend themselves, and those collection plates full of cash. Then there's the shock value of mass murder in a church.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Banned
    +1

If we could just convince the religious voters of this country to follow the instructions in the Bible, AND to stand up for the first amendment alone, there would be enough votes to decimate the anti viewpoint and the infringements that come with it.

Quote Originally Posted by arentol View Post
    The question should be "Why wouldn't people carry in a church?"
    Don't you mean "Why would people go to church?"
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast