• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why would anyone carry in a church?

Joe GlockStar

i would say a church is a higher probability of needing your gun than at walmart these days. alot of religious radicals that blow up and shoot up churches...i carry at church. i also make sure im concealing deeply just out of respect. no attention, even positive attention needs to be drawn towards my gun in a place that ALL attention should b set aside for your higher power.

Haz.

Hi.

The Roman sword was the primary weapon of the day in Christs time on the earth The disciples open carried even in Jesus's company. When Christ was being arrested Peter drew his sword and struck off the high priest servants ear.

"Then Simon Peter having a sword drew it, and smote the high priest's servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant's name was Malchus." (Matthew 18:10).

Christ never said, Peter, how dare you open carry a sword in my presence! Christ never claimed love not war will win out in the end? Christ never called for a sword ban. Christ merely told Peter to; Put it away Peter, now is not the time!

"Then said Jesus unto Peter, Put up thy sword into the sheath:" (Matthew 18:11).

Thats why I would open carry in any church where it was legal to do so in the USA. Haz.

Hunterdave

Hi.

The Roman sword was the primary weapon of the day in Christs time on the earth The disciples open carried even in Jesus's company. When Christ was being arrested Peter drew his sword and struck off the high priest servants ear.

"Then Simon Peter having a sword drew it, and smote the high priest's servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant's name was Malchus." (Matthew 18:10).

Christ never said, Peter, how dare you open carry a sword in my presence! Christ never claimed love not war will win out in the end? Christ never called for a sword ban. Christ merely told Peter to; Put it away Peter, now is not the time!

"Then said Jesus unto Peter, Put up thy sword into the sheath:" (Matthew 18:11).

Thats why I would open carry in any church where it was legal to do so in the USA. Haz.

Well put Haz. To bad they don't follow Christ's example "Down Under"!

Haz.

Well put Haz. To bad they don't follow Christ's example "Down Under"!

Yeh, at our expense. Last time I looked Australia was a supposedy a Christian country. The majority of politicians make a right show of themselves by going to church regurlarly and at the same time take away a mans God given right to defend himself, his family and property, whilst they themselves CC and or have body guards. They are pathetic excuses for human beings in my humble opinion.

Haz.

No argument there. Church doesnt save in and of itself.

Luke 22:36 King James Bible
Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Well said stainless1911.

God provides us with the ability to feed, to cloth and to protect and defend ourselves and our families where ever we are against all criminals. Haz.

"Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:" (Psalms 144:1).

papa bear

No argument there. Church doesnt save in and of itself.

Luke 22:36 King James Bible
Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

aw, stainless you beat me to it

what really burns me is, what is the government setting laws for churches anyway
1. its a church, 1stA would seem to apply
2. it's private property. it should be up to the organization

btw, not clear on this does the laws say place of worship or church? would this cover synagogues, mosque or covenants?

Last edited: