• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Michigan Mcca

Sheldon

Yes I know not gun related but just a unjust as any anit gun law you can find...

This is a little know Michigan added tax that everyone who owns a vehicle pays... Whats it for?

It is a law that gives criminals money... called `the MCCA assessment recoupment. A Michigan law to cover uninsured motorist in an accident.

If you look on your vehicle policy you already pay for this and they are already covered for $100,000.00 and every insured motorist pays for this.
Michigan then hits us up a second time, (can you say double jeopardy) to again cover something that is against the law, in short if your vehicle is not insured you are in violation and are not to drive it.
On my motorcycle policy this amounts to rough number here but 104% (not a typo that is one hundred and four percent) of the actual policy cost added to the total I must pay!!!

All this to protect someone that is openly violating the law!!! Do away with the MCCA and let the violators deal with their lack of respect for the law them self, it's called personal responsibility!!!!

Now pass this one to every insured driver you know in Michigan and tell them to contact their Sate Senator and Representive... That is unless you are OK with giving away extra money to the state for criminals!

JIC you do not know who that is here are the links to find them!!

http://www.senate.michigan.gov/fysenator/fysenator.htm

http://www.house.mi.gov/mhrpublic/

Last edited:

jfrenchudm

If memory serves me correctly, this was part of our no-fault insurance law. My understanding is that without the fund, accompanied by the no-fault law, that if you were found to be at fault for the accident with the uninsured, you would be responsible for paying their medical bills, which can exceed $100k pretty quick. As it is, you can only be held responsible for their deductible. There are probably better forums for a complete answer to this.

maybeifulucky

Mcca

According to the MCCA rules, this subject would be relevant to the open carry issue. Let me explain. According to the MCCA the MCCA only considers a Motorcycle as a motor vehicle in certain situations.

Q: Are snowmobile and motorcycle accidents covered by No-Fault?
A: Only if a motor vehicle is involved in the accident. Snowmobiles and motorcycles are not considered to be motor vehicles. If a snowmobile or motorcycle collides with a tree or flips over, there is no No-Fault coverage. However, if a motorcycle or snow mobile is hit by a car or truck, then a motor vehicle is involved and there is No-Fault coverage.

So if the MCCA only considers motorcycles a motor vehicle if involved in an accident with an automobile, then how can the firearms laws consider open carry on a motorcycle concealed? The only answer I can think of is the workd “vehicle”. Maybe this should be used as an example if this ever goes to court.