• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lets all take a second to thank Boggie

~*'Phoenix'*~

RECENT ACTIVITY
Ellyn likes Ellyn Setnor Bogdanoff.· Like This Page.
LOL.
OK, so she already told us who she likes and supports.
Herself.
Fanfriggintastic.
Who has the balls to "like" their own profile???

~*'Phoenix'*~

Sending a letter to her office:
"Senator Bogdanoff. (on the front)
(inside: )
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
I agree, I wish you did too,
<signature>"

:)

Last edited:

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Senator,

SB234 in it's original form would not have fixed the problems plaguing the 2nd Amendment rights in the great state of Florida, however it would have created a little more of freedom. You have publicly opposed this increase in freedom with your amendment to SB234. The citizens of Florida who still have a clue what freedom means will be spreading the word and voting accordingly.

Much like you, I have taken an oath to support the constitution. To fulfill that oath I will be informing as many voters as possible about your actions against expanding freedom for the citizens of Florida.

^^^ SENT via facebook

Diver48

sent to bogdanowitch and evers

[Thanks to "Schlitz and Phoenix")

Senator Bogdanoff,
Do you even have a clue where this came from?
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
I agree with this, I wish you did too,
SB234 in it's original form would not have fixed the problems plaguing the 2nd Amendment rights in the great state of Florida, however it would have satisfied the above statement to a much greater degree than the present form of Florida gun laws (and your amended proposal). You have publicly opposed this increase in freedom with your amendment to SB234. The citizens of Florida who still have a clue what freedom means will be spreading the word and voting accordingly.

Much like you, I have taken an oath to support the constitution. To fulfill that oath I will be informing as many voters as possible about your actions against expanding freedom for the citizens of Florida.
Thanks for all your help……?!

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
when it comes to the RINOs, I'd support even an obviously anti-gun liberal/democrat opponent. At least then we'd KNOW what they were going to do. Anything to get the backstabber out.

I'd rather deal with the Devil I know. At least we would know where we stand.

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
When you call Sen. Bogdanoff to express your disappointment that she did not support open carry rights, be polite but firm in your resolve. Ask her to reevaluate her position.

"Did you know that I could even be arrested for carrying my handgun in a regular filed holster while hiking in the woods?" "It's just not practical to carry a proper firearm for outdoor activities in a concealment holster."

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
When you call Sen. Bogdanoff to express your disappointment that she did not support open carry rights, be polite but firm in your resolve. Ask her to reevaluate her position.

"Did you know that I could even be arrested for carrying my handgun in a regular filed holster while hiking in the woods?" "It's just not practical to carry a proper firearm for outdoor activities in a concealment holster."

For many, no practical self-defense firearm can be carried concealed, period. Sure, I can carry my kel tec, but it's NOT a practical self-defense weapon.

An AMD-65, on the other hand.... Just jerkin' yer chain. :p

But truly, 32acp/380acp just aren't effective self-defense rounds. They're only useful for criminals who can sneak up and shoot you behind the ear. It's pretty hard to sneak around when OCing....

hammer6

this is polite and firm..right?

Dear senators:

I am very disappointed with the outcome of SB234. I have traveled to many open carry states (Arizona, New Mexico, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, Michigan) and have also open carried in many of those states. I have not once had a problem with perception, or making someone nervous. I have been seen by law enforcement, and never had an encounter, and I have never had police called on me. Likewise, I have carried myself as I normally do, wearing nice clothes, smile on my face, and going about my business. Wearing a gun openly on my hip does not change my demeanor outwardly (or inwardly for that matter, other than I know I am still able to protect myself).

I am disappointed that open carry was not passed this year in Florida, and I am also disappointed in those of you who have voted for this amended version of SB234. We must always remember that criminals have complete disregard for the law. The only ones that laws "hurt" are those willing to submit to them. In this free country, this republic, the United States of America, we are not supposed to be subjected to "what the government wills or thinks best". In 43 of the 50 states in the USA, open carry is perfectly legal: 29 states do not require a license to open carry, only 14 states require a license to open carry, and only 7 states ban open carry. Justice Antonin Scalia had this to say about the entire Second Amendment; "We find that they guarantee the individual right to possess and carry weapons in case of confrontation." Openly carrying my firearm does not turn me into a "gunslinger", or a person with criminal intent. There are many things in day to day life that may offend other people, but that is the result and the greatness of living in a free republic! (I find that the responsibility of carrying a concealed firearm in Florida is actually a testament to those law abiding citizens who have submitted to the firearm laws of Florida for the past 23 years.)

I am sure many of you have concealed weapons permits, and may understand the inconvenience of the hot weather in Florida while carrying concealed. Carrying openly allows a more comfortable means to carry our Constitutionally protected firearm for self defense. Carrying openly does not change our mindset from responsible to irresponsible. By not allowing the citizens of Florida to open carry a firearm, there may arise a situation where one is unable to carry their firearm for protection. Open carry creates an atmosphere that was intended at our country's founding: we are free, and able to protect ourselves and our fellow citizens if the need arises. It also allows the opportunity for those who would like to use a more comfortable holster, and still be able to dress how they normally do. I currently have 2 holsters that I can not use in Florida based on this law; even the amended SB234 doesn't help fix that inconvenience.

I hope that in future situations, you all will look not to the emotional or political side of open carry, but the lawful, and Constitutional side, which completely protects our actions: Restore open carry to the state of Florida!

If you can not be counted on in future situations to do this, then I will be making my vote elsewhere, as well as telling others to do the same.

Last edited:

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
... Twelve states permit open carry without requiring a license to do so. Thirty states either require a permit to carry open or concealed, or have certain requirements/prohibited places. (California allows open carry of an unloaded firearm, and Illinois allows open carry in un-incorporated areas...

Keep it simple.
29 states do not require a license to OC.
Only 14 states require a license to OC.
Only 7 states ban OC.

FzSBLACKMAGICK

Campaign Veteran
In case you're wondering who it was who successfully lobbied against the NRA, the citizens of Florida, the second amendment and your rights...(we all know who the other success was...the FSA)

http://www.frf.org/index.cfm

Not a complete list I'm sure but I'm not sure a complete list is available on their website.

Do with it what thou will but personally, I can certainly live without them.

Badcock Home Furniture & More
Beall's, Inc.
Belk Department Stores
Best Buy
Bravo SuperMarkets
JKL Landscape Supply Company
Kia AutoSport of Pensacola, Inc.
Publix Super Markets
Sweetbay Supermarket
Target
Walgreens
Walt Disney World
White House / Black Market
Winn-Dixie Stores Inc.

Rick H

In case you're wondering who it was who successfully lobbied against the NRA, the citizens of Florida, the second amendment and your rights...(we all know who the other success was...the FSA)

Not a complete list I'm sure but I'm not sure a complete list is available on their website.

Beall's, Inc.
Belk Department Stores
Best Buy
Bravo SuperMarkets
Publix Super Markets
Sweetbay Supermarket
Target
Walgreens
Walt Disney World
Winn-Dixie Stores Inc.

I personally checked with Sweetbay more than once and they confirmed that as long as it was/is/will be state law then they would NOT object to Open Carry in their stores.

brboyer

I personally checked with Sweetbay more than once and they confirmed that as long as it was/is/will be state law then they would NOT object to Open Carry in their stores.

Many of the big retail chains (the smart ones anyway) have a policy to follow state law after it is, well, the law. But they fight passage of Open Carry laws very hard. Some lobby heavily, some not too hard. Many hide this fact by allowing the Retail Federation to do their lobbying for them.

All of this will become public knowledge soon.

Everyone needs to calm down until we can develop a coordinated approach.

~*'Phoenix'*~

Beall's, Inc.
Belk Department Stores
Best Buy
Bravo SuperMarkets
Publix Super Markets
Sweetbay Supermarket
Target
Walgreens
Walt Disney World
Winn-Dixie Stores Inc.

Wow, so it's basically a disgusting mega-corporation UNION/GUILD of supposedly competing retailers, who are working behide the scenes to cooperate against the citizens and customers...
Screw them all, they're not getting my money if I can help it; I already hate Winn-Dixie (worked there... never again) and Publix (dumb policies), never go to bealls/belk/best buy anyway. CVS is usually better than walgreens too. Might have a hard time with target though...

Last edited: