• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lets all take a second to thank Boggie

firedog

In case you're wondering who it was who successfully lobbied against the NRA, the citizens of Florida, the second amendment and your rights...(we all know who the other success was...the FSA)

http://www.frf.org/index.cfm

Not a complete list I'm sure but I'm not sure a complete list is available on their website.

Do with it what thou will but personally, I can certainly live without them.

Badcock Home Furniture & More
Beall's, Inc.
Belk Department Stores
Best Buy
Bravo SuperMarkets
JKL Landscape Supply Company
Kia AutoSport of Pensacola, Inc.
Publix Super Markets
Sweetbay Supermarket
Target
Walgreens
Walt Disney World
White House / Black Market
Winn-Dixie Stores Inc.
I can’t find anything on their site that references the open carry issue. It looks like the ones listed are members of the retail association but I still wonder what the individual corporations position was on the open carry issue. Membership doesn’t portray their position on open carry. If they were to post signs banning open carry or guns in their stores then I would not shop with any of them that do. I would love to have a list or excerpt of any meeting minutes where they directly opposed open carry. If they simply wanted to protect their ability to ban firearms but never intended to do it as policy I have no problem with that.

Every store has the right to refuse service to anyone and I believe in that. No shoe, shirts – No service. No firearms – no business. If they ban my gun then they lose my business.

j4l

In case you're wondering who it was who successfully lobbied against the NRA, the citizens of Florida, the second amendment and your rights...(we all know who the other success was...the FSA)

http://www.frf.org/index.cfm

Not a complete list I'm sure but I'm not sure a complete list is available on their website.

Do with it what thou will but personally, I can certainly live without them.

Badcock Home Furniture & More
Beall's, Inc.
Belk Department Stores
Best Buy
Bravo SuperMarkets
JKL Landscape Supply Company
Kia AutoSport of Pensacola, Inc.
Publix Super Markets
Sweetbay Supermarket
Target
Walgreens
Walt Disney World
White House / Black Market
Winn-Dixie Stores Inc.

Ah,this Ive been looking for,ty. Publix was the only one I've shopped with on there anyway.But, I'll take my shopping money and provide it to local, small biz instead. In these economic times, Im sure they'd be much more appreciative of the patronage anyway.

j4l

I can’t find anything on their site that references the open carry issue. It looks like the ones listed are members of the retail association but I still wonder what the individual corporations position was on the open carry issue. Membership doesn’t portray their position on open carry. If they were to post signs banning open carry or guns in their stores then I would not shop with any of them that do. I would love to have a list or excerpt of any meeting minutes where they directly opposed open carry. If they simply wanted to protect their ability to ban firearms but never intended to do it as policy I have no problem with that.

Every store has the right to refuse service to anyone and I believe in that. No shoe, shirts – No service. No firearms – no business. If they ban my gun then they lose my business.

Good points, agreed-however. Even if they dont come out and say "no guns", if they are participating in/supporting an organization that is actively lobbying against the people's interests, then they should not be getting our biz. Just like with our fair-weather "friends" in the Senate- they too need to see/hear/feel the backlash of their evils.