Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Luger Holster

The Luger Holster

Yes, it may get you arrested. Don't care. Will I be convicted/ Loose CWFL?

As I read the law, it is completely legal.

Let's discuss.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    Yes, it may get you arrested. Don't care. Will I be convicted/ Loose CWFL?

As I read the law, it is completely legal.

Let's discuss.
    We could do a trial run. Have about 100 of us show up with Luger Holsters, but with squirt guns!
    If this be Treason, then make the most of it. Patrick Henry, May 1765

Quote Originally Posted by maps761 View Post
    We could do a trial run. Have about 100 of us show up with Luger Holsters, but with squirt guns!
    I'm in where do we sign up. lets get this party started.

Section 790.06 (1), Florida Statutes, defines concealed weapons or firearms as those carried in a manner that conceals them from the ordinary sight of another person. This includes:

handguns
    electronic weapons or devices
    tear gas guns
    knives
    billies
    This says nowhere about the holster of such item and if the gun is inside, it is not visible to the ordinary sight. thus making it legal.
    http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/weapons/about.html
    Last edited by Rick H; 04-28-2011 at 03:19 PM.
    God Bless America.

Arrest/attention from cops isn't the problem. I WILL do it as long as I won't be convicted/loose CWFL.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

I don't see an issue. This is legal. I say we get the holsters and do OC lunches/picnics throughout the state, with appropriate talking points about our RIGHTS handy. Invite the media, the whole 9 yards.

we would need to get as many people in one spot as possible!!
    this is a must**** http://youtu.be/l0BgLk1i9yY****

Also lets look at the 4th amendment of the Constitution, just because they see a holster doesn't mean they can NOT look to see if we have a gun in it. and if they need to then is was out of ordinary sight thus concealed.
    Last edited by Rick H; 04-28-2011 at 03:37 PM.
    God Bless America.

Sometimes you'll hear from CCW instructors "they can't know that you have a gun".

1. That's not what the law actually says
    2. There could be anything in the holster

So how can this be tested. Do we need a lawyer? An attorney general opinion? What?

I do believe that his is 100% legal because shape has nothing to do with anything, Women carry purses and they are not in violation so this would and could be construed as the same.
    It is a concealed compartment extended to ones body. Making it legal
    God Bless America.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick H View Post
    I do believe that his is 100% legal because shape has nothing to do with anything, Women carry purses and they are not in violation so this would and could be construed as the same.
    It is a concealed compartment extended to ones body. Making it legal
    I concur.

The only reason there is any doubt is because it's on our hip. Which, of course, is irrelevant!

I concur.

The only reason there is any doubt is because it's on our hip. Which, of course, is irrelevant!
    But a fanny pack is on your hip as well.
    God Bless America.

But a fanny pack is on your hip as well.
    Exaclty. If printing is also legal....I can't conceive how this would be illegal.

Exaclty. If printing is also legal....I can't conceive how this would be illegal.
    Now I need to get a leather holster made up for my S&W 40 cal Model 411. and i'll be somewhat open carrying the day I get it.
    GIT-R-DONE
    God Bless America.

Who do I have to email to get all the old SB 234 stuff unstickied and get this thread stickied?

lol... I bought this EXACT same thing up in another thread last night, what about suing a German Luger holster!

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...=1#post1518541

I was also wondering what if... we pushed the law and wore a OWB holster in plane site, but instead of a gun, of course, use it to carry our cell phones, lol... a subtle way to get our word and point across

Quote Originally Posted by Terminal Velocity View Post
    lol... I bought this EXACT same thing up in another thread last night, what about suing a German Luger holster!

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...=1#post1518541

I was also wondering what if... we pushed the law and wore a OWB holster in plane site, but instead of a gun, of course, use it to carry our cell phones, lol... a subtle way to get our word and point across
    Nope i'm carrying a gun
    God Bless America.

How do I sticky

how do i sticky?

Here is a holster that looks like it would also work for our purpose.

http://www.stealthdefenseholsters.com/holsters.html

Nope i'm carrying a gun
    Then the oppressors will pop you...

I'm not talking about the Luger type holster in this instance, with the cell phone, I'm talking about a hard case vacuumed formed holster that obviously looks like a gun holster, but in its stead you are carrying a cell phone.

I hope I'm getting my thoughts across

This might be overkill?

This would get some attention.

God Bless America.

Quote Originally Posted by Terminal Velocity View Post
    Then the oppressors will pop you...

I'm not talking about the Luger type holster in this instance, with the cell phone, I'm talking about a hard case vacuumed formed holster that obviously looks like a gun holster, but in its stead you are carrying a cell phone.

I hope I'm getting my thoughts across
    Nope I don't think they can say jack even if it looks like a gun the shape you are carrying.
    God Bless America.

(moved from the fishing event thread, ddidn't belong there)
    I know we're all a little skeptical of Mr. Gutmacher due to his wavering stance on OC, but he is still an expert on CC laws. I writing to get his opinion on this and similar ideas. Will share the reply if you're interested.
    I may not go the full Luger/PPK holster method, although printing is legal/irrelevant in Florida, you can still get harassed/detained for it (not legally, but that doesn't always stop them...), I would still be interesting in participating if I make a less-definitely-a-gun holster/pack.

Once they see that people will legally Concealed-Open-Carry anyway, what argument will they have to prevent true OC from being legal?

Edit: Got a reply, essentially: if it is/looks like a holster, but no part of the gun is visible, it is legally concealed according to statutes, but don't assume cops will see it that way; assume non-gun-shaped but hip-belted to be OK.
    Last edited by ~*'Phoenix'*~; 04-28-2011 at 04:54 PM.
    American Government 101:
    The Executive branch's job is to provide celebrity figureheads for the pandering populace.
    The Legislative branch's job is to progressively destroy our freedoms for the "safety" of "We the Sheeple."
    The Judicial branch's job is to look like they're defending our freedoms against the abuses of the Legislative branch, only by token gestures that do not interfere is this pivotal process, but enough to deceive "We the People" into a false sense of security.

Quote Originally Posted by ~*'Phoenix'*~ View Post
    (moved from the fishing event thread, ddidn't belong there)
    I know we're all a little skeptical of Mr. Gutmacher due to his wavering stance on OC, but he is still an expert on CC laws. I writing to get his opinion on this and similar ideas. Will share the reply if you're interested.
    I may not go the full Luger/PPK holster method, although printing is legal/irrelevant in Florida, you can still get harassed/detained for it (not legally, but that doesn't always stop them...), I would still be interesting in participating if I make a less-definitely-a-gun holster/pack.

Once they see that people will legally Concealed-Open-Carry anyway, what argument will they have to prevent true OC from being legal?
    Where did it go I just saw somebody ask where to get one and now its gone. hum
    http://www.grabitpack.com/
    Last edited by Rick H; 04-28-2011 at 04:53 PM.
    God Bless America.

Some types we could carry with.

God Bless America.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast