• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Teenage prank ends with shots fired in quiet neighborhood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamer

Actually I hope the shooter gets a really INCOMPETENT lawyer and in convicted of the most serious crime they can find on the books...

Anyone who would chase a couple teenagers two blocks, and shoot them with an AR-15 for "knock and ditch" is obviously a danger to society.

I'm all for "home defense", but I'm also a strong proponent of severely punishing the chronically and dangerously stupid, which this "homeowner" obviously is...

HKcarrier

Actually I hope the shooter gets a really INCOMPETENT lawyer and in convicted of the most serious crime they can find on the books...

Anyone who would chase a couple teenagers two blocks, and shoot them with an AR-15 for "knock and ditch" is obviously a danger to society.

I'm all for "home defense", but I'm also a strong proponent of severely punishing the chronically and dangerously stupid, which this "homeowner" obviously is...

A big 10-4 on that one.... this guy needs to go down the river. 1.) chasing off property 2.) shooting in back 3.) coming out of house in the first place...

GO DIRECTLY TO JAIL. DO NOT PASS GO. DO NOT COLLECT $200.

eye95

I love the way they portray what the kids did as "normal" for teenagers. Ringing doorbells at midnight on Sunday. That's normal for unsupervised, unparented teenagers!

Not that they deserved to be shot. I just hold "mom" as responsible for what almost happened to her son as I do the moron who thought he could legally chase down these perps and shoot them.

Candidates for Darwin Awards all!

Smith45acp

The kids deserved an ass whipping, that's all.

I got my fair share after pulling stunts like this, glad I never got shot

Patriot2A

If getting chased and shot in the back with an AR-15 is the punishment for ding-dong-ditch, than I can't imagine the punishment I would get when my friends and I toilet papered houses years back. Jeez.

HKcarrier

Sounded like the kid only had fragments in his back... seems hard to believe 2 shots in the back with AR .223 would be not that big of a deal and kid released.... who knows.. but I wonder if the guy shot AT the kid and fragments riccocheted off the pavement? Who knows... not making excuses for the moron... just wondering.

eye95

Real-world consequences are rarely the result of thoughtfulness, but, for some strange reason, they communicate so much more clearly than the well-thought-out consequences assigned by parents, teachers, or the legal system.

mwb914

Was my son

The shooter was thankfully using cheap bullets that did not explode upon impact. It is not fragments, but a bullet is stuck in that young man's back forever. It is to close to a major nerve to remove. I do not live in that neighborhood but know, that its a nice one. We know our kids were stupid, immature, dumb and any other word to explain how we feel about them doing this. No, they haven't been in trouble before. What the news story failed to report is, after the man shot the boy (who is 5ft 1 and weighs about 100 pounds) he made him get up out of the street and march the block and a half to his house where he held him at gun point threatening to blow his bleep brains out until the police arrived. Can you imagine the terror that child felt? I know the terror my son felt has changed him alot, and he only got shot at, not shot. The shooter shot 3 times and 2 of the 3 bullets found a target. So, I ask you, was he trying to shoot that young man or not? I understand wanting to protect your property, but they rang his doorbell and went and hid behind a bush away from his house. He came outside armed and chased them a block and a half before he even started shooting. What are you protecting at that point?

mwb914

He shouldnt have shot them, that was way out of line, but its not telling the whole story here. I dont think that was the only thing the only time, or the only ones that were causing problems.
Your right, the whole story would have included the kidnapping after the fact.

stainless1911

Banned
The universal position of gunowners on the situation here is that the shooters actions were criminal, psychotic, cruel, irresponsible and so on. Gun owners have zero tolerance for such behavior. We may debate on what was left out of the story, media seldom treats the gun owner and the gangster differently, we may debate on whether the person who was shot deserved it, or was asking for it, but we dont condone what he did. If 99.9% of gunowners were on a jury, we would convict him without reservation. We try to police ourselves for two main reasons. First and foremost, we are people, civilized, normal people. We are parents, we are police, we are military, husbands fathers, and sons. We care. And secondly, we police ourselves to avoid tragedies that put our rights in danger. Nuts are everywhere, no law can prevent that, no law can prevent a person from behaving irresponsibly with any object, gun, car, what have you. This kind of lunatic is WHY we carry and own guns, so we can protect ourselves and families from folks like this. Believe me, I carry a gun every day, and If I had been on the scene and saw him raise a gun against your unarmed boy, I would have dropped him where he stood. I sincerely hope that you do not blame guns or gun owners for what happened here, he is NOT one of us, and if he had a bat or a sword, he would surely have used that instead. I do hope that all works well for you and yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.