• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hit this poll

Sc0tt

192 Safer
72 Not safer

Were kicking ass, but I found more comments for No I dont fell safer than yes. I might know why

Scott Apr 29th, 2011 at 11:06 pm Your comment is awaiting moderation.

I do feel safer. National Parks have long been used by criminals, and while wildlife officers do a great job they cant be everywhere. I feel safer knowing now that I have the option now to defend my self. Criminals dont obey the no guns signs, those signs only force legal gun owners to give up their right to personal protection in order to use our great national parks

papa bear

all a person has to do is google murder or violence in national parks to get over whelmed with cases. predators linger wherever the trails come near roads. they have come to realize that most hikers do not carry

backpacking magazine did a issue on this a few years ago. as usual most of the naive did not know what they were talking about . one author pointed out how much dollar wise a backpacker was carrying. counting pack, tentage, stoves, and even boots, it was in the 1000s dollars range