Thread: OT: Private sales, where to post?

OT: Private sales, where to post?

I know this comes up on a semi-frequent basis, but I can't seem to find anything in the search

Anyway, I'm looking to thin the gun collection a little and would like to know of some places to post an ad. I know of outdoortrader.com, and the ad banner above (which seems to be low in traffic), but where are some other places?

Quote Originally Posted by onlurker View Post
    I know this comes up on a semi-frequent basis, but I can't seem to find anything in the search

Anyway, I'm looking to thin the gun collection a little and would like to know of some places to post an ad. I know of outdoortrader.com, and the ad banner above (which seems to be low in traffic), but where are some other places?
    http://www.northwestfirearms.com
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

For gun \ firearm classifieds kinda thing check these out.

http://gunsxchange.com
    http://www.armslist.com
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

www.WaGuns.org

Currently mapping locations of Shooting Areas as well as Gun Stores - Let me know what is missing!

Last edited by arentol; 04-29-2011 at 12:21 AM.

Thumbs up

Awesome, thanks everyone for the tips!

Have you considered a "consignment" with a local Dealer? Over the years I have sold a few firearms that way. I found that the "fee" was worthwhile as I didn't have to answer any phone calls or e-mails, set up any "meets", or take any chance that the firearm would fall into "prohibited" hands. Most Dealers that I have encountered charge a fixed fee, usually in the range of $50. This may be a little steep if one is selling a low-end firearm like a "no-name shotgun" but not all that significant if selling a "custom" worth a couple of grand.

Just a thought.

Just a note on the law:

If one places a firearm "on consignment" with a Dealer the firearm is then entered into his "Book". If you choose to reclaim the firearm at a later date you will be required to fill out the form 4473 and the State Form if a handgun. Same rules apply as if purchasing a new/used firearm.

This is to prevent someone who is now disqualified from possessing firearms to merely place them on consignment and then "when the heat is off" going back to reclaim them.
    Last edited by amlevin; 04-29-2011 at 11:29 AM.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Gun Broker gets a ton of traffic, and while it is national, I don't think there's any reason why you couldn't state WA Private Sale only.

Quote Originally Posted by cbpeck View Post
    Gun Broker gets a ton of traffic, and while it is national, I don't think there's any reason why you couldn't state WA Private Sale only.
    Or make the payment of any transfer fees and shipping the responsibility of the buyer.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

http://www.outdoorstrader.net

Thats Outdoors (with an s) trader . net (not .com)..

Mostly souhtern states but shipping is sometimes available through a liscensed firearms dealer...

Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (18911970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

http://westernwashingtonfirearms.com/index.php I hang out here. I've also been on NWFirearms and SGN.

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    Have you considered a "consignment" with a local Dealer? Over the years I have sold a few firearms that way. I found that the "fee" was worthwhile as I didn't have to answer any phone calls or e-mails, set up any "meets", or take any chance that the firearm would fall into "prohibited" hands. Most Dealers that I have encountered charge a fixed fee, usually in the range of $50. This may be a little steep if one is selling a low-end firearm like a "no-name shotgun" but not all that significant if selling a "custom" worth a couple of grand.

Just a thought.

Just a note on the law:

If one places a firearm "on consignment" with a Dealer the firearm is then entered into his "Book". If you choose to reclaim the firearm at a later date you will be required to fill out the form 4473 and the State Form if a handgun. Same rules apply as if purchasing a new/used firearm.

This is to prevent someone who is now disqualified from possessing firearms to merely place them on consignment and then "when the heat is off" going back to reclaim them.
    I didn't think about suggesting it to him at the time but Sound Loan on Wetmore in downtown Everett might do consignment, I know he is planning on expanding more into firearms at the moment but I was just talking with him about this about 2 weeks ago or so.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Where to post firearm sales:

Just a thought, but how about we all support one of the website sponsors and look into gunsandammotrader.com

they support us!
    Last edited by brianstone1985; 04-30-2011 at 11:28 AM. Reason: edited spelling

Quote Originally Posted by brianstone1985 View Post
    Just a thought, but how about we all support one of the website sponsors and look into gunsandammotrader.com

they support us!
    Went there. Not a single listing for WA State.

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post

Just a thought.

Just a note on the law:

If you wanted to sell your car, would you 'consign' it to a local auto dealer?

You just lose privacy, money, deal with jerk employees rather than jerk customers, etc.

Private sale FTW imho.

meh.. I still vote for WaGuns.org
    www.WaGuns.org

Currently mapping locations of Shooting Areas as well as Gun Stores - Let me know what is missing!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_pro2a View Post
    If you wanted to sell your car, would you 'consign' it to a local auto dealer?

You just lose privacy, money, deal with jerk employees rather than jerk customers, etc.

Private sale FTW imho.
    A big difference in consigning a car for a "percentage" and a gun for a "$50 fee". In gun sales you set the price, with cars, yes, you get to deal with the jerk sales people.

As I said in my post, all my consignment gun sales were simple and painless. Mileage varies.