• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A question regarding magazines.

CharleyCherokee

A while back I was looking over the used guns in a local gun shop when I saw a pistol I really liked. I got to talking to the clerk about it and he told me it was a Lorine .32 ACP. However, it didn't have a magazine and the manufacturer is now out of business. I'm assuming that any old .32 ACP magazine won't work with any old .32 ACP pistol. Is this in fact the case? I hope it isn't as I like the pistol, and the fact they aren't made anymore makes me want it even more. :p

carry for myself

i would run away with that brand. its like buying a bryco or pheonix . or raven. just dont haha. *bit hypocritical however i do own a raven* but i do use it as a paperweight on my desk too

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I will absolutely agree with everyone else and encourage you to stay away. However, if you are insistent you could probably find a compatible magazine on Gunbroker or a similar site.

1245A Defender

well,,,

lorcin is cheap junk, just like raven, saturday night special.
that doesnt mean they cant be reliable and fun to shoot.

--Moderator Statement--
Please observe the rules.

(10) WE DO NOT ALLOW "FOR SALE" OR RAFFLE ADS: We use Google Ads to help cover the expenses of the forum and their rules specifically disallow the sale of firearms, ammo and accessories (including the raffle of such). The good news is that one of our newest sponsors, OutdoorsTrader.com offers just such a service.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

Michigander

Lorcin guns, a direct result of the 68 GCA, were as far as I know made of cast zinc. If anyone reading this doesn't understand just how bad this is, please do a little research. This is among the cheapest metals in existence, and casting is among the cheapest ways to produce anything. Over the years I have seen pictures and heard of numerous examples of their guns blowing up while using standard ammo.

Cheap doesn't always mean poor quality. Milsurp guns, used Kel Tec's, hi point guns, and others are reliable and functional weapons. Lorcin's are not. Even if they don't explode in your hand like a grenade, there are few people you'll ever find bragging about how reliable their Lorcin is. The only reason I would ever carry one would be as an OC gun for high risk situations where I wanted a carry piece I didn't mind letting a felonious cop keep for a while. I would NOT try to fire one when trustworthy handguns can be had for 200 dollars and less.

1245A Defender

well,,,

lorcin is cheap junk, just like raven, saturday night special.
that doesnt mean they cant be reliable and fun to shoot.

more

--Moderator Statement--
Please observe the rules.

didnt mean to break the rules,
just that a magazine can be bought for that 32 lorcine,
do some google searching and you can find it,
this gun is not the best to be revered, but if the price is what you can spend,
and the quality is what you can accept, you can still get parts to make it whole.
they are not made for 200 rds every week for practice,
they are made for testing a few shots from time to time,
then carried for that one moment in time, when nothing else will do!

editer probs.

j4l

Grain of salt here. You'll get a lot of folks slamming brand X or brand Y for any number of reasons. Is it the best out there? No. WIll you likely be putting hundreds of rounds through it each week, and when the moment you need it comes, actually expect it to perform like s 155mm howitzer? No.
Does it mean it will break,blow-up, or just plain malfunction? No.

Ive an old Raven around. Thousands of rounds through it. Goes bang every single time the trigger pulls, and is more accurate than roughly 8 out of 10 types/makes of handgun Ive fired. Yet-to listen to most folks-it should have already disentigrated in my hand-if not blown it off, and couldnt hit a wall if it were 2 feet in front of you.
Hogwash.
The ONLY malfunctions experienced with it were 100% operator headspace issues.-Failing to fully seat the magazine. Tap/Rack/Bang and it's resolved.

As for the round it fires- supposedly ineffective (despite thousands of well-documented cases of it working just fine in action) and inaccurate.
Hogwash again.Grab some rounds and test it yourself out back on anything from wood to glass to water. It punches clean through everything my .410 or my 12 does, and almost everything my .45 does.

If it seems in good working order, and it functions and you want/can only afford it-go for it. But dont expect miracles of it.Know that going in, and understand it's limits,and the nay-saying is a non-issue.

09jisaac

j4l is right. If you can't afford a better gun (I do not personally know the quality of this gun) then its the best gun you have. If this is to be your carry gun and you can put some more money in the gun to get a better one then that is what I would suggest.

j4l

Your local pawn shop or gun store should have a reasonably priced .38 or .357 snubbie for sale. I'd check around before using your hard earned cash on a El cheapo automatic.

Perhaps, but a .38 snub isnt going to be much more effective, if at all, and harder and less comfy to carry-say in a pocket- than this one. A .357 snub is also going to be a fair bit more flash/recoil/noisy than is practical for most.