• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Imprinting and a few questions relating to it

Aknazer

What happens if your gun imprints? I'm assuming that its illegal since the law says that a concealed handgun can't be detected, but what could the cops actually do? Also when I was looking everything over it says that you must have your CWP on you, but I didn't see it saying that you must display it when asked. While I know it would be wise to display it when asked, did I miss the part of the law that says you have to? And if you don't have to could a cop legally arrest you for refusing to show it?

Finally what do you guys think the legality of the luger holster that's been popping up on this forum would be? I know IANAL, but it does technically fully conceal the weapon and one can't determine if there is truly a gun in there or something else.

hrdware

Good Question

Oklahoma is a shall notify state, but I saw nothing other than notification that says you have to provide your permit upon initial contact. Although it does say you have to have a state issued ID and your permit on you when carrying concealed.

Now how would an officer know you had them both unless he asked to see them to make sure you were not violating that provision of the law.

As far as imprinting goes, the law says it should be concealed to a normal person. If LEO is trained to notice a concealed weapon, that doesn't exactly count since they have extra training that precludes them from being considered a normal person in that regard.

Last edited:

Aknazer

In regards to being shall notify it is only that way for arrests, detainment, and routine traffic stops. So if you ask and it isn't a detainment you don't have to notify them.

The showing of license is really more about what we're required by law to give to the officer. Naturally I would show them the license in most situations but I'm just wanting to make sure I'm reading the laws correctly.

Oh and a bit off topic, but there's a gun show this weekend I was thinking of going to and was curious about carrying there. I've heard in other states they have weird laws on having guns with ammo for the gun together and I'm not sure if its a national law or something that I need to know.

gprod55

Gun Show

You can carry your gun openly in a holster but as you enter the area a police officer or security will inspect it to make sure it is empty then place a tie to make the action inoperable. If you have a semi auto they want the clip empty. Other then that you can hand carry openly. It doesn't matter if its a long gun or short gun. Enjoy the show.

Aknazer

What about carrying concealed, would that be legal and would I need to submit the gun for inspection?

Last edited:

Aknazer

Yes all guns need to be checked concealed or otherwise.

Alright last question on the gunshow. With it being concealed does it still need to be unloaded and should I expect it to be zip tied open? Oh and do you know where I can find all of this stuff to read so that I can study up on it before the next show.

EDIT: Found it. CCW guns must also be unloaded and tied and no loaded magazines are allowed either. When you said checked I thought you meant they would inspect it (didn't know what they were looking for with the cced gun) but not tie or unload it.

Last edited: