• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Former Miss USA Claims She Was Violated By TSA

since9

Campaign Veteran
This breaks my heart:

Article.

Excerpts:

Susie Castillo, 31, who won the Miss USA Pageant in 2003, says she was hand searched after she refused to go through a full body scanner at the Dallas Fort Worth International airport.

Ok... That's standard procedure. If you're wearing minimal clothing, they'll usually let you go through the metal detector. If you're wearing thick clothing, like a sweater, they'll ask you to go through the full body scanner. If you refuse, you have your choice of a pat-down search, taking a bus or train, or going home.

"To say that I felt invaded is an understatement," Castillo wrote on her blog. "What bothered me most was when she ran the back of her hands down my behind, felt around my breasts, and even came in contact with my vagina!"

You mean they even searched locations where deadly weapons might be hidden? For shame! I'm glad Castillo mentioned the female TSA agent used the back of her hands. That's also standard procedure.

"I felt completely helpless and violated during the entire process (in fact, I still do), so I became extremely upset," she wrote on her website. "I just kept thinking, 'What have I done to deserve this treatment as an upstanding, law-abiding American citizen?''

You refused to go through the full body scanner, and you opted for the pat-down instead of taking the train, the bus, or returning home.

"Am I a threat to US security?"

They have no way of knowing, which is the entire point behind the security checks. I'm not saying they're effective, but I'm as subject to them as anyone else, regardless of level of any security clearance any of us have held. I'm fairly certain the President of the United States is exampt as he boards Air Force One, however...

"I was Miss USA, for Pete's sake!"

I usually pay attention to Miss USA winners, yet I didnt' recognize either her name or face. But I know who President Obama is, and I'm reasonably sure the TSA's ability to memorize celebrities is about average. How much are you willing to bet the Brangolinas don't fly commerical? I'm sure those celebs that do, however, are given the same treatment as everyone else.

Last edited:

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
It's late, so I'm not in the best state of mind to debate so I'll sum up what I was going to say.

It appears you support the ridiculous searches executed by the TSA. This is where I would usually quote the 4th amendment and urge you to agree with me.

Blah blah blah, the TSA is clearly an over reaching arm of government directly into our pants, literally.

That was so much easier than making an educated paragraph on my feelings toward the TSA, government, and freedom in general. Goodnight y'all :)

HandyHamlet

Couldn't have said it better myself brother.

Some people just don't know there is more than one Amendment out there floating around somewhere.

amlevin

she probably could have "scooted" through if she had been one of her "show" outfits like this one
lg1.jpg

BTW, this is an "Official Susie Castillo" photo.

Last edited:

jag06

You must also be for these searchers then,

http://dailypaul.com/149217/video-tsa-molesting-3-year-old-child

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARS770VpH7o

They are just kids, they need to learn early that they have no rights and no one can molest them except people working for the government. They are training our kids early to learn to submit and do as your told. At this point it is just mind warfare against us. They know that there are still a lot of people who will fight the next wave of expansions of these scanners and can not implement them yet, so they decide to target our kids and get them used to accepting it, so as the grow older and the current generation gets older, they will find it easier to install these scanners at the mall, sporting events, trucks going down the road, and they will not have anyone to fight it.

And for the take the train or bus option, that may not be around much longer either,

http://blogs.forbes.com/andygreenbe...an-to-body-scan-pedestrians-train-passengers/

In the article the TSA may have responded that they have not tested them outside of airports yet and have no plans to do so, their reports says otherwise and they also said that the scanners could in no way shape or form store or transfer the images take from the machines, and we all know how that turned out.

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."