• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The List

Jojo712

Founder's Club Member
Here's an appeal to those of you who know the details: the campaign begins now. Those of us on the forum need a list of everyone who voted for the Bogdanoff amendment, in order to make our displeasure known.

This is not email time (though adjoining emails will help). This is the time to actually sit down and write them very well-worded letters on some Crane stock and send them down to Tallahassee. Let's make a few points:

- we will actively campaign in favor of your opponent
- you had my full support and now you don't
- you've made myself, my family, my state, and my loved ones less safe
- while we were counting on you to help make us safer, what you've done is make it easier to criminalize us -- those of us who have proven that we have clean records, the lowest crime rates in the state, and the Least likelihood of using a gun -- those of us who truly understand the sanctity of life and the horror that it is to take one
- a very hard rain is going to fall on you from every direction, etc.

Let's make it nice and personalized. Let's CC the NRA and other gun sites. 2012 is right around the corner and they ought to know that their time is coming to an end, and they ought to know why.

Who caved? Does anybody have the full list?

Jesus

-

77zach

Here's an appeal to those of you who know the details: the campaign begins now. Those of us on the forum need a list of everyone who voted for the Bogdanoff amendment, in order to make our displeasure known.

This is not email time (though adjoining emails will help). This is the time to actually sit down and write them very well-worded letters on some Crane stock and send them down to Tallahassee. Let's make a few points:

- while we were counting on you to help make us safer, what you've done is make it easier to criminalize us -- those of us who have proven that we have clean records, the lowest crime rates in the state, and the Least likelihood of using a gun -- those of us who truly understand the sanctity of life and the horror that it is to take one

Let's make it nice and personalized. Let's CC the NRA and other gun sites. 2012 is right around the corner and they ought to know that their time is coming to an end, and they ought to know why.

Jesus

-

Specifically, what we need is the 8 suspected NO votes if Evers' had not caved, right? Montford too.

Jojo712

Founder's Club Member
That is exactly what we need. The approach, however, is questionable. Should we be telling them that we will campaign against them, financially support, their adversary, etc.? 8 really narrows the list down, and if we focus on these, seriously, they're gone. Would I be correct in my assertion that the eight = the eight republican nays?

firedog

That is exactly what we need. The approach, however, is questionable. Should we be telling them that we will campaign against them, financially support, their adversary, etc.? 8 really narrows the list down, and if we focus on these, seriously, they're gone. Would I be correct in my assertion that the eight = the eight republican nays?
Absolutely, any republican nay on SB234 needs to go. Any yea on bogdanoff’s amendment needs to hear from us. The NRA needs to hear us as loudly as we can possibly shout it.

Bogdanoff’s needs to go. Even though I am not in her district I will be actively emailing, writing, editorializing and donating $$’s against her. This was a state issue and she “F” us and the entire state bad. So did the NRA. I do not think Evers was to totally blame here. He has to protect his party. Bogdanoff and the NRA are the culprits in this catastrophe. They knew that the Open Carry title of SB234 was a facade. I think the rest of the senators knew it also but how do you combat that? Their day of reckoning will come.

10x

Absolutely, any republican nay on SB234 needs to go. Any yea on bogdanoff’s amendment needs to hear from us. The NRA needs to hear us as loudly as we can possibly shout it.

Bogdanoff’s needs to go. Even though I am not in her district I will be actively emailing, writing, editorializing and donating $$’s against her. This was a state issue and she “F” us and the entire state bad. So did the NRA. I do not think Evers was to totally blame here. He has to protect his party. Bogdanoff and the NRA are the culprits in this catastrophe. They knew that the Open Carry title of SB234 was a facade. I think the rest of the senators knew it also but how do you combat that? Their day of reckoning will come.

Give us the NAMES:cuss:!.....LOL

10x

Jones, Dean, Bennett, Oelrich, Simmons, Latvala, Boggie, Alexander

One of these must be convinced next year, so don't be an asshat.

Your not convincing Latvala he is Sheriff Coats dog!
Coats has to go too.

77zach

Oelrich, Alexander, and Simmons could be convinced. I know the way Alexander could be convinced. I know the type.

10x

I've heard some say this. Why? Because Coats is in Latvala's district? Coats is one man.

Why is the FSA even allowed to lobby, are they not using taxpayer money?
They are to enforce law, not make it. This has to be illegal.

firedog

Why is the FSA even allowed to lobby, are they not using taxpayer money?
They are to enforce law, not make it. This has to be illegal.
FSA - They are an association, basically a private organization made up of Florida sheriffs. A big club as it were. The sheriff can use tax dollars for his personal travels on legislative issues but not his deputies. Some of the FSA members are being investigate for allowing their deputies to campaign on tax dollars but you’re never going to see FDLE/SA's results on that issue.

Last edited:

10x

FSA - They are an association, basically a private organization made up of Florida sheriffs. A big club as it were. The sheriff can use tax dollars for his personal travels on legislative issues but not his deputies. Some of the FSA members are being investigate for allowing their deputies to campaign on tax dollars but you’re never going to see FDLE/SA's results on that issue.

I saw Hillsborough county deputies up there for Sheriff David Gee.
Funny his name has not been mentioned, another Coats.

Last edited:

~*'Phoenix'*~

Why bother? We tried, they screwed us. Send them to McDonalds and let's give somebody else a shot.
Yeah, We do want to get rid of any of them who oppose us AGAIN NEXT YEAR. We need to fight FOR their vote next year, because we are trying again next year, and like it or not, they'll still be there then...

77zach

Yeah, We do want to get rid of any of them who oppose us AGAIN NEXT YEAR. We need to fight FOR their vote next year, because we are trying again next year, and like it or not, they'll still be there then...

We may as well not get our hopes up for next year if it has to go through criminal justice. If we get the vote, it won't be Dean's, and he'll be sure to kill it in the cradle. Don't know if it can be assigned to a different one or not.

j4l

Which is another reason why I say forget hinging our hopes/efforts on any of these clowns again.
Really- we have to "convince" people to uphold our rights,much less re-establish them?
Even the ones we can "convince" somehow,they've already demonstrated beyond any reasonable doubt that they are not truly/fully behind the effort.
Our effort seems not to be a priority to any of them. Even the ones who would seem to be likely to be.

Let's look, for example, at one I picked at random:
In Bills they've authored/introduced, among them we find items like this one from Bennet:
http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2011/910

"SB 910: Bedding MaterialsTrack This Bill

GENERAL BILL by Bennett

Bedding Materials; Cites this act as the "Safe and Hygienic Bedding Act." Prohibits a person from manufacturing or selling bedding that is made in whole or in part from secondhand material unless such material has been sanitized, germicidally treated, or cleaned using a method approved by the DOACS. Requires that all bedding manufactured, renovated, sanitized, or sold in this state which contains secondhand materials bear a clear and conspicuous label affixed to the bedding which contains specified information, etc.

EFFECTIVE DATE: July 1, 2011"

Bedding materials..are you FNG KIDDING ME? BEDDING MATERIALS?
How many bedding manufacturers are there,actually, in Florida to begin with?
How large an issue can such nonsense actually be?

Now, sure it's important to someone to have a properly manufactured bed. One in complaince with basic health/safety concerns..granted..but is there some RIGHT in our State's constitution to having a well-made bed? Our in the national Constitution?
Folks can go and make a fuss over, author legislaation to propose the regulation of bed-making materials, but they cant somehow convince themselves of the need to correct a continuing violation of our citizens' actual rights?

Bedding Materials? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

With priorities like these, it's no bloody wonder we're in the mess we're in.
At a time when we need a Tony Sopranno, we get Martha Fng Stewart instead...

~*'Phoenix'*~

Wow, that bill looks like a waste of electronic storage space...
It would almost be a 234-level travesty if they wasted paper and ink printing out hard copies.

FzSBLACKMAGICK

Campaign Veteran
Now now j4l you know bedding materials and sinkholes will always take precedence over your right to defend such a little thing as...your life.

I say it's worthy of a minimum 8 hour debate on the virtues of new bedding materials vs. recycled.

I want no amendments to this one either...unless it's for mandating the use of organic cotton and pillowtops.

Rick H

Jesus

-

Sequence: 2 The Florida Senate Date: 04/28/2011
Session Day: 52 2011 Regular Session Time: 09:12 AM
Calendar Page: 6
CS/CS/SB 234, 1st Eng.
Third Reading
Yeas - 26 Nays - 11 Not Voting - 3
Presiding - President Haridopolos
Y Alexander-17 Y Gaetz-4 N Rich-34
Y Altman-24 Y Garcia-40 Y Richter-37
Y Benacquisto-27 Y Gardiner-9 Ring-32