• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fort Carson, CO Firearm Regulations

since9

Campaign Veteran
This will be usefull to anyone looking for info on firearm regulations (Laws) on Fort Carson. If you need it, you'll read it.

PROHIBITED AND REGULATED CONDUCT FC 210-18 15 OCT 2010

http://www.carson.army.mil/mpd/ARCHIVE/FC Regs/NEW PDF/Updates/FC REG 210-18.pdf

Wow. Four pages.

Here's a recommended modification which will shorten that down to one sentance:

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

For some reason, that sounds familiar...

Regardless, if it were actually written somewhere in law, let alone our Constitution, it would render the Ft. Carson regulation illegal. Since we all know and trust our government, and certainly our military officers, who are sworn to protect our Constution against all enemies foreign and domestic, and would NEVER stoop to endorsing a regulation which violated that oath, the Ft. Carson reg must be legit, right?

(crickets chirping)

Right?

(crickets stop chirping...)

Last edited:

Gunslinger

No different at Schriever or Pete or the Acadamy or Cheyenne Mountain. After all, who needs a gun at a military base, say like Ft. Hood...

since9

Campaign Veteran
No different at Schriever or Pete or the Acadamy or Cheyenne Mountain. After all, who needs a gun at a military base, say like Ft. Hood...

Yeah. Our founding fathers got it right. We've endured 235 years of second-guessing, all of whom keep getting it wrong. Hopefully, one of these days, a four-star will wake up and say, "Oh, yeah."

It's really that simple.

I'm flabbergasted it hasn't happened in the last 50 years.

UUNetBill

What gets me is that it would be a fairly cheap thing to install lockers at Pass & ID, which is usually located outside the gates, for legal CCW holders to store their weapons. I've known civilian companies to do this, why not the military?? It would be a simple matter of having people register, show their CCW permit (if that was even necessary at all) and issuing them a key for a locker. Simple and painless. . .

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
What gets me is that it would be a fairly cheap thing to install lockers at Pass & ID, which is usually located outside the gates, for legal CCW holders to store their weapons. I've known civilian companies to do this, why not the military?? It would be a simple matter of having people register, show their CCW permit (if that was even necessary at all) and issuing them a key for a locker. Simple and painless. . .

Simple and painless..... well, no, but definitely unnecessary.

Simply honor the right of all men.

M-Taliesin

Simply honor the right of all men.

Howdy Amigo!
Isn't there a saying in the military (however right or wrong it may be)
that goes something like:

"We're here to defend democracy, not to practice it!"

Maybe it is just a cliche I've heard in movies. But is this not something drill instructors say to recruits?

Just curious.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Gunslinger

The military is not a democracy and shouldn't be. RHIP and must be respected. As an officer I had privileges enlisted guys didn't. But also responsibilities they never were tagged with. As an aviator, even more so. I think officers should be allowed firearms in their cars, personally. Ft Hood keeps coming to mind.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The military is not a democracy and shouldn't be. RHIP and must be respected. As an officer I had privileges enlisted guys didn't. But also responsibilities they never were tagged with. As an aviator, even more so. I think officers should be allowed firearms in their cars, personally. Ft Hood keeps coming to mind.

:shocker:A Sgt with a wife a three children is less worthy of having the means to self-defense than the King's officers?

Most of those shot at Ft. Hood were enlisted personnel and they were shot by an officer.

Red Dawg

Entitlement: Pretty darn tired of that. I thought I read someplace that all men are created equal. I guess after they are born the trouble starts...
Funny thing is, there are alot of army dudes on post running around with their weapons. Ammo is normally a half mile away, but they have weapons...Trust me, My kid is active Army, and I work on bases, and I'm retired Military...One kid with a few "bullets" could have changed Ft Hood.

JoeSparky

Centurion
Howdy Amigo!
Isn't there a saying in the military (however right or wrong it may be)
that goes something like:

"We're here to defend democracy, not to practice it!"

Maybe it is just a cliche I've heard in movies. But is this not something drill instructors say to recruits?

Just curious.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

The UNITED STATES OF AMERICA is NOT NOW nor has it ever been a democracy--- no matter how many times a teacher, school, or media member may say it... IT IS A CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC!
ALL Democracies are MOB RULE, some may be peace mobs for a while but all are MOB RULE!

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Military Bases

All military bases are the worlds largest unarmed victim locations. I'm not anti military, just finished 21 years. Only MP's and criminals have guns on base.