Thread: Open Carry age

Open Carry age

Hi all, I was wondering. Is there an age limit to open carry for handguns in Wyoming? I recently received one as a gift. I am also 20 years old. Also I was wondering. Can I also have my handgun out while I am riding my bike on the Greenway? Thanks all.
    Last edited by Infernil; 04-29-2011 at 02:11 AM.

The law regarding open carry in Wyoming does not specify an age to carry, so, in simpler words, there is no age limit.

As for carrying while riding your bike, as long as it is properly holstered you should have no troubles.

Cool, thanks everyone.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Infernil View Post
    Hi all, I was wondering. Is there an age limit to open carry for handguns in Wyoming? I recently received one as a gift. I am also 20 years old. Also I was wondering. Can I also have my handgun out while I am riding my bike on the Greenway? Thanks all.
    There is no minimum age to OC in Wyoming.
    http://www.opencarry.org/wy.html
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Formerly Kwajalein atoll, and Iraq. Now Zuni Va
    So if my understanding is right. Going by the regs my 16y/o son (he knows how to be safe, taught him how to be safe with a gun,and how to shoot since he was 6), can carry while we are working on a ranch in Wy for the summer. Not looking for him to carry all the time just when he heads out to the trails, for Bears and such.
    FREEDOM ISNT FREE. BUT THE UNITED STATES MARINES ARE MORE THAN WILLING TO PAY YOUR SHARE!!