• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I was Permenantly Banned From TexasCHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsimmons

...and I don't know why. I got no email about it.

I think the last thing I posted was a question to Mr. Cotton regarding his evaluation of pending legislation, and that was months ago. They sure have short fuses over there.

CrossFire

Thats the major reason that I never bothered to join that chicken outfit. I know of too many people that were banned for not marching to Cottons tune.

bbooth

...and I don't know why. I got no email about it.

I think the last thing I posted was a question to Mr. Cotton regarding his evaluation of pending legislation, and that was months ago. They sure have short fuses over there.
Do you mean you cant get a CHL to carry in Texas and who is this Cotton Guy?

MR Redenck

Do you mean you cant get a CHL to carry in Texas and who is this Cotton Guy?
Yes you can get a CHL in Texas.
Cotton is the moderator of that website. He's the same guy that keep trashing the efforts of others because he wants to keep the right to carry in Texas Elitist.
So, if anyone gets on their website and ask questions or doesnt agree with something, Cotton just removes them from the board. He doesnt ban them, just removes them so he doesnt have to answer to them.

bbooth

Yes you can get a CHL in Texas.
Cotton is the moderator of that website. He's the same guy that keep trashing the efforts of others because he wants to keep the right to carry in Texas Elitist.
So, if anyone gets on their website and ask questions or doesnt agree with something, Cotton just removes them from the board. He doesnt ban them, just removes them so he doesnt have to answer to them.
Thanks Redneck I though he must be a big gun to tell DPS what to do.

jsimmons

Thanks Redneck I though he must be a big gun to tell DPS what to do.

He's connected with TSRA and NRA. He thinks that getting open carry passed will adversely affect the ability of CHL holders to carry in the places they can currently carry. He chooses instead to support stuff that he thinks has a more likely chance of passing into law, like campus carry (pretty much dead by all accounts) and parking lot storage.

rushcreek2

Since you said your last post was several months ago - I suspect you posted something favorable to "open carry". With the battle lines now drawn Texas CHL forum may well be screening posts for signs of "enemy sympathizers" on their board. That way he weeds out potential "spys" scoping their legislative moves aimed at twarting HB2756.

My Texas CHL forum registration may be subject to pending "expiration " also - given my past posts.

MR Redenck

He likes bashing everybody on the open carry forum too.
Hell, im a ******* and dont get alone with too many people at all, but I seem to find most people in here to be very genuine and level headed. I know I have a bad attitude, but thats mostly because I can! :banana:
I never look toward anyones faults because I dont see them as having any. I know lots of people who disagree with me about some things, but I respect their opinion because they respect mine.
With all that being said, I cant even come up with a word to describe what I think about that Cotton guy. If I did im sure glass would start breaking all over the place.
Of all the people that discust me in today's world, Cotton is at the top of the list.
Whats really pathetic is the fact that he attempts to make people look like they have no clue about anything. I have met several of those same people, had personal conversations with them and absolutely find them to be great people.
I think its funny at how childish he gets when people call him out wanting him to answer up!!! He aint got no answers, that's why he bannishes them from his Elitist website. :uhoh:

Last edited:

MR Redenck

--Moderator Edited/Deleted--

While OCDO Rule (12) NO BASHING OF OTHER GUN RIGHTS ORGANIZATIONS might only be partially applicable in this instance if the problem is only their stance against OC, the personal attacks are NOT acceptable. They are NOT welcome here.

More importantly, though information on individuals may be available publicly, OCDO will not be party to a campaign of this type directed to a person's place of business or home.

Next time I recommend talking about the problems with their agenda, goals etc and leave the personalities out of it.

jecsd1

Hell, I'm pretty sure I got banned today for sh*t stirring over there. Those guys kiss his behind like he's something great.

CrimsonSoul

Uhh Redneck are you advising us to contact him at his place of employment to harass him because that's not very sound advice...

MR Redenck

Uhh Redneck are you advising us to contact him at his place of employment to harass him because that's not very sound advice...

Sound advise? Cotton like banning people from public forum who questions his policy. He likes running people down who persue a better right to carry in Texas and people want answers as to why!
If people want to contact Cotton they can have at it. Me personally, I cant stand him and have nothing to discuss with his outside of public debate.

His information is public and if he doesnt want to be contacted by the people the people he offens, then he shouldnt post it on the internet. HA!

CrimsonSoul

Yes but your posting seems like you are organizing a plan of harassment against him at his place of employment. A lawsuitwould spell out how the calls he received were affecting his ability to deal with his clients and by that you are hurting his business. I'm not trying to defend him nor do I really care but it doesn't seem like smart legal sense

MR Redenck

Yes but your posting seems like you are organizing a plan of harassment against him at his place of employment. A lawsuitwould spell out how the calls he received were affecting his ability to deal with his clients and by that you are hurting his business. I'm not trying to defend him nor do I really care but it doesn't seem like smart legal sense

I could care less what he thinks, nor do I need your legal advise!
Public information is still public information.
I actually have lawyers who make a living by being damn good lawyer, BwaAA!
If Cotton wants to defend his Elitist actions, have him address this forum himself. Im sure a lot of people would like to question him a little bit.
Again, I dont need your advise.

CrimsonSoul

Then I apologize for giving you unwanted advice. Thank you for being so calm and civil in our discussion by not adding any gotcha "ha's" in there. That was sarcasm. No need to respond because i won't be visiting this topic again

--Moderator Statement--
See post #10 above.
Locked the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.