Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: Support... To be elected?

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    19

    Support... To be elected?

    I'm curious if it is possible for me to have a chance to be elected. (as Senator)

    I'm a college student (mechanical engineering) (im a thinker )

    I've been known to win debates against people 3x my age. People that know me warn people that dont not to start a debate with me cause they wont win.

    i never pick a fight unless i have enough ammunition to destroy the opposition.

    I'm extremely pro constitution and think any one who isn't needs a good talking to.





    what i want to know is if it is possible to find support. I mean take advantage of as many free advertising oppertunitys as possible. Get the young people on our side using facebook and youtube. The older people are harder to reach but there has to be a way.



    AM I Crazy?

    (one fault as you may have realized.... not the best at spelling... math person)

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, Florida, USA
    Posts
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by Hum727 View Post
    I'm curious if it is possible for me to have a chance to be elected. (as Senator)

    I'm a college student (mechanical engineering) (im a thinker )

    I've been known to win debates against people 3x my age. People that know me warn people that dont not to start a debate with me cause they wont win.

    i never pick a fight unless i have enough ammunition to destroy the opposition.

    I'm extremely pro constitution and think any one who isn't needs a good talking to.





    what i want to know is if it is possible to find support. I mean take advantage of as many free advertising oppertunitys as possible. Get the young people on our side using facebook and youtube. The older people are harder to reach but there has to be a way.



    AM I Crazy?

    (one fault as you may have realized.... not the best at spelling... math person)
    Are you able to raise anywhere between $200,000 and a couple million depending on House or Senate, which district, opponents, etc.?

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by Hum727 View Post
    I'm curious if it is possible for me to have a chance to be elected. (as Senator)

    I'm a college student (mechanical engineering) (im a thinker )

    I've been known to win debates against people 3x my age. People that know me warn people that dont not to start a debate with me cause they wont win.

    i never pick a fight unless i have enough ammunition to destroy the opposition.

    I'm extremely pro constitution and think any one who isn't needs a good talking to.





    what i want to know is if it is possible to find support. I mean take advantage of as many free advertising oppertunitys as possible. Get the young people on our side using facebook and youtube. The older people are harder to reach but there has to be a way.



    AM I Crazy?

    (one fault as you may have realized.... not the best at spelling... math person)
    Are You RICH, Do you personally know Obama? Then if the last two don't apply, Then don't apply... Cause you have a snow balls chance in He**... Sorry but only the RICH or the ones that are directly connected can win... Things have always been that way...

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    19

    in other words

    so the system is as broken as everyone claims.

    that "the people" dont really get to elect some one who represents them. They only get to elect the lesser of 2 evils.

    how can a group of 40 upper class people represent a population that is made up of primarily middle and lower class?

    How can the government claim to serve the people if the majority of people have no say?



    Its this elitist BS that is destroying this country!

  5. #5
    Campaign Veteran StogieC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    746
    Honestly being elected may not be as difficult as some people will tell you. With the right positions on the issues and opponents who are less than ideal, campaign funds can be raised. It's all about picking your time and being ready and able to run.

    Many legislators are rather wealthy because most people can't afford to take a $30,000 per year job as a state senator or rep and still support their family.

    The low pay for Florida State legislators and heavy demands on their time make it a difficult proposition for many people who would like to serve. Some companies give their employees the time they need to serve but most legislators are business owners who can set their own schedule.
    Last edited by StogieC; 04-29-2011 at 02:33 PM.

  6. #6
    Regular Member ~*'Phoenix'*~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    538
    Hot dang, $30k a year is a big leap for me! Sign me up
    American Government 101:
    The Executive branch's job is to provide celebrity figureheads for the pandering populace.
    The Legislative branch's job is to progressively destroy our freedoms for the "safety" of "We the Sheeple."
    The Judicial branch's job is to look like they're defending our freedoms against the abuses of the Legislative branch, only by token gestures that do not interfere is this pivotal process, but enough to deceive "We the People" into a false sense of security.

  7. #7
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069
    Quote Originally Posted by ~*'Phoenix'*~ View Post
    Hot dang, $30k a year is a big leap for me! Sign me up
    Me too, but I know I have even less than a Snowball's Chance in Hell.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  8. #8
    Regular Member 77zach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Marion County, FL
    Posts
    3,005
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    Me too, but I know I have even less than a Snowball's Chance in Hell.
    Anybody on here live in Michael Bennet's district. He is a dedicated anti-gunner who apparently ran uncontested last time.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

    I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

  9. #9
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069
    Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    Anybody on here live in Michael Bennet's district. He is a dedicated anti-gunner who apparently ran uncontested last time.
    Who wants to move? :-p
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  10. #10
    Regular Member Willm3053's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    45

    Raising funds

    Don't know if this is correct or not, but according to his guy http://johnrlott.blogspot.com/2011/0...concealed.html tried looking around in the myflorida website but no luck, there are over 800k permit holders, coming up with the money shouldn't be hard at all, just need to find the right guy or gal to run. With all of us contributing it should be an easy win to get one of us in there.

  11. #11
    Regular Member ~*'Phoenix'*~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    538
    For sure; I'd donate to a pro-OC campaigner. Anyone want to go up against Dean? Or pay for me to?
    American Government 101:
    The Executive branch's job is to provide celebrity figureheads for the pandering populace.
    The Legislative branch's job is to progressively destroy our freedoms for the "safety" of "We the Sheeple."
    The Judicial branch's job is to look like they're defending our freedoms against the abuses of the Legislative branch, only by token gestures that do not interfere is this pivotal process, but enough to deceive "We the People" into a false sense of security.

  12. #12
    Regular Member Willm3053's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    45
    Well, you know the money will not be forked up that easy. It is going to be well regulated, treasury, secretary etc....

    Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk
    Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. – James Madison
    An armed society is a polite society. – Robert A. Heinlein
    Gun bans don't disarm criminals, gun bans attract them. – Walter Mondale

  13. #13
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Willm3053 View Post
    there are over 800k permit holders, coming up with the money shouldn't be hard at all
    What you're failing to account for is that these people are heavy on feeling like special only ones and not actually thinking through how useless a concealed gun really is. Their ego is stroked. They love it. They enjoy turning their nose up at the OC idea without ever giving it thought. Just like all the badged and uniformed only ones who lobbied against SB234.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  14. #14
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069
    They key here is the way money can be raised.

    There is no requirement that donations for a campaign come from within your district's physical borders. We have access to an entire nation of OCers on this forum.... Do the math. Individual donation limits mean nothing. The money isn't the problem. We've got people here from every state that would dump a few bucks in your campaign coffers. You could nearly buy the seat and overwhelmingly out-spend your competitors.

    But will you convince a majority of Floridians that being helpless, hateful and stupid is a bad idea? No. It's their way of life. They know nothing else.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    fl
    Posts
    1,835
    In this day and age, with the internet and all manner of media available (facebook/youtube/podcasts.etc.) there's no real reason a campaign needs to cost anything like as much as some have mentioned. Especially for a State-level election for a district.
    For Gov. or some national-level election,maybe.

    One thing you might be able to call upon is prog-gun/pro-oc volunteers with skills in printing,media,web-design,etc. Folks willing to donate or barter such services towards such a campaign.Count me in for whatever I can offer, if we get any serious candidates,for one. But keep it grass-roots, and keep it guerilla. The avg. working joe voter can relate to such methods, I'd think,more than fancy- society/$500 per plate hob-nobs with the elitists,anyway.

    Even more ideal, work up a candidate-even 2 if possible-to oppose every single sitting representative currently in office.State-Wide, rather than just one or two districts.
    Even if only one or two manage to get elected,or get close to being so,imagine the message that sends to those in office now, the Florida citizenry,the NRA, the Retail Federation and the FSA....

  16. #16
    Regular Member 77zach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Marion County, FL
    Posts
    3,005
    Quote Originally Posted by j4l View Post
    In this day and age, with the internet and all manner of media available (facebook/youtube/podcasts.etc.) there's no real reason a campaign needs to cost anything like as much as some have mentioned. Especially for a State-level election for a district.
    For Gov. or some national-level election,maybe.

    One thing you might be able to call upon is prog-gun/pro-oc volunteers with skills in printing,media,web-design,etc. Folks willing to donate or barter such services towards such a campaign.Count me in for whatever I can offer, if we get any serious candidates,for one. But keep it grass-roots, and keep it guerilla. The avg. working joe voter can relate to such methods, I'd think,more than fancy- society/$500 per plate hob-nobs with the elitists,anyway.

    Even more ideal, work up a candidate-even 2 if possible-to oppose every single sitting representative currently in office.State-Wide, rather than just one or two districts.
    Even if only one or two manage to get elected,or get close to being so,imagine the message that sends to those in office now, the Florida citizenry,the NRA, the Retail Federation and the FSA....
    To ensure victories, we can use people that we already have on deck. This is my state rep:

    http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Sectio...0&SessionId=66

    Lost to Dean for the Senate republican nomination, but not by much. We could push him in next time. I told him about the OC bill, asked him to sign onto it and he said he would. He even gave a 2 minute speech about it in committee and didn't once mention "accidental exposure." He said it was purely about our rights being chilled and "about control". Pretty hardcore. He's pretty good on all issues and is a nice man who adopts disabled kids.

    My point is there are some REALLY good Reps who would like to run for senator. Let's get em in there. We face the same situation in next year. I think we can convince one lousy senator to change. If not, in 2013 we push two good reps in we don't have to worry.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

    I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    fl
    Posts
    1,835
    Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    To ensure victories, we can use people that we already have on deck. This is my state rep:

    http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Sectio...0&SessionId=66

    Lost to Dean for the Senate republican nomination, but not by much. We could push him in next time. I told him about the OC bill, asked him to sign onto it and he said he would. He even gave a 2 minute speech about it in committee and didn't once mention "accidental exposure." He said it was purely about our rights being chilled and "about control". Pretty hardcore. He's pretty good on all issues and is a nice man who adopts disabled kids.

    My point is there are some REALLY good Reps who would like to run for senator. Let's get em in there. We face the same situation in next year. I think we can convince one lousy senator to change. If not, in 2013 we push two good reps in we don't have to worry.
    On the face of it,seems he might be ok.But-is all for carrying for US? or him/them?

    http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Sectio...x?BillId=45224
    Last edited by j4l; 04-30-2011 at 09:14 AM.

  18. #18
    Regular Member 77zach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Marion County, FL
    Posts
    3,005
    Quote Originally Posted by j4l View Post
    On the face of it,seems he might be ok.But-is all for carrying for US? or him/them?

    http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Sectio...x?BillId=45224
    Oh no, he values gun freedom. He pushed through castle doctrine and state forest/park carry in 2006.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

    I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    fl
    Posts
    1,835
    Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    Oh no, he values gun freedom. He pushed through castle doctrine and state forest/park carry in 2006.
    All well and good, but at the end of the day, is he going to vote for/represent the citizens, or vote in favor making exceptions for elected officials,while letting the citizens rot. What we need/want is someone who's actually going to carry out what the voters want-not just tell us what we want to hear,and then do a 180 on us at the last minute like we just had happen.

    Sorry,but unless/until shown otherwise, my take on those currently in power is skeptical in the extreme now.We've heard way too much of this "oh yeah,sure,we'll support Bill X" and then sit back and watch-without opposing-as others amend it to something other than Bill X. Sorry, but to me, that's just as bad as the asshat that ammends it.
    Last edited by j4l; 04-30-2011 at 09:31 AM.

  20. #20
    Founder's Club Member Jojo712's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by j4l View Post
    In this day and age, with the internet and all manner of media available (facebook/youtube/podcasts.etc.) there's no real reason a campaign needs to cost anything like as much as some have mentioned. Especially for a State-level election for a district.
    For Gov. or some national-level election,maybe.

    One thing you might be able to call upon is prog-gun/pro-oc volunteers with skills in printing,media,web-design,etc. Folks willing to donate or barter such services towards such a campaign.Count me in for whatever I can offer, if we get any serious candidates,for one. But keep it grass-roots, and keep it guerilla. The avg. working joe voter can relate to such methods, I'd think,more than fancy- society/$500 per plate hob-nobs with the elitists,anyway.

    Even more ideal, work up a candidate-even 2 if possible-to oppose every single sitting representative currently in office.State-Wide, rather than just one or two districts.
    Even if only one or two manage to get elected,or get close to being so,imagine the message that sends to those in office now, the Florida citizenry,the NRA, the Retail Federation and the FSA....

    Count me in too. I'm an attorney with campaign knowledge, and I know a few of the right folks with tech knowledge who would be more than willing to get in on thensocial media act for a worthy candidate.
    Last edited by Jojo712; 04-30-2011 at 04:49 PM.

  21. #21
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069
    Quote Originally Posted by j4l View Post
    All well and good, but at the end of the day, is he going to vote for/represent the citizens, or vote in favor making exceptions for elected officials,while letting the citizens rot. What we need/want is someone who's actually going to carry out what the voters want-not just tell us what we want to hear,and then do a 180 on us at the last minute like we just had happen.

    Sorry,but unless/until shown otherwise, my take on those currently in power is skeptical in the extreme now.We've heard way too much of this "oh yeah,sure,we'll support Bill X" and then sit back and watch-without opposing-as others amend it to something other than Bill X. Sorry, but to me, that's just as bad as the asshat that ammends it.
    I put down for Bax back when I was still in that district. He's a huge step up from Dean. Dean has made some other people unhappy lately, as well. He shouldn't be hard to replace.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    fl
    Posts
    1,835
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    I put down for Bax back when I was still in that district. He's a huge step up from Dean. Dean has made some other people unhappy lately, as well. He shouldn't be hard to replace.
    Good. hope so.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    fl
    Posts
    1,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojo712 View Post
    Count me in too. I'm an attorney with campaign knowledge, and I know a few of the right folks with tech knowledge who would be more than willing to get in on thensocial media act for a worthy candidate.
    Excellent.

  24. #24
    Regular Member ~*'Phoenix'*~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    538
    didn't we just confirm that Baxley actually stood up for OC at the 517 committee meeting?
    Let's get OCers state- (if not nation-) wide to bump him up to the senate next years campaigns. I don't care if he also supports some elitist benefits type bills, if he's the type of guy who will actively support OC/constitutional carry and has a decent ethics record.
    If he's up for stepping up to the senate, I'd vvolunteer to do some campaign/sign holding/door-to-door volunteering. Maybe he's let me carry some campaign business cards and pass them out from my empty holster
    Last edited by ~*'Phoenix'*~; 05-01-2011 at 08:16 AM.
    American Government 101:
    The Executive branch's job is to provide celebrity figureheads for the pandering populace.
    The Legislative branch's job is to progressively destroy our freedoms for the "safety" of "We the Sheeple."
    The Judicial branch's job is to look like they're defending our freedoms against the abuses of the Legislative branch, only by token gestures that do not interfere is this pivotal process, but enough to deceive "We the People" into a false sense of security.

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    fl
    Posts
    1,835
    Quote Originally Posted by ~*'Phoenix'*~ View Post
    didn't we just confirm that Baxley actually stood up for OC at the 517 committee meeting?
    Let's get OCers state- (if not nation-) wide to bump him up to the senate next years campaigns. I don't care if he also supports some elitist benefits type bills, if he's the type of guy who will actively support OC/constitutional carry and has a decent ethics record.
    If he's up for stepping up to the senate, I'd vvolunteer to do some campaign/sign holding/door-to-door volunteering. Maybe he's let me carry some campaign business cards and pass them out from my empty holster
    If that's the case, then sure. But we need more than one. And we have far more than just one or two foes. So, we still need to find and consider candidates-new candidates-about whom we have no "maybe he is/maybe he isnt" on our side issues.
    In addition to the foes, we have a lot of spineless "allies" who say "yah",while standing aside in silence as folks under-mine and ammend the teeth out of our efforts.Those need to be sent packing as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •