• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Legality of "no firearms" signs at K-12 public schools in Woodbridge, VA

nova

EDIT: Firearms not listed. See below!

Last edited:

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
I was in woodbridge the other day and passed by a public school. I noticed a "NO" sign on a fence, though I was too far to read what they were prohibiting, I thought I saw firearms listed.

As we all know, firearms are not completely prohibited on K-12 property.
get a far away and a close up pic and I will postcard em

Blk97F150

False alarm. I stopped by this location today... there are some 'no' signs on the fence in several areas, but there is nothing that mentions firearms at all. (which is a good thing... :banana: ).

Attachments

• Garfield_signs.jpg
    Garfield_signs.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 127

Blk97F150

I love the subject to search sign iaw VA law. So if you were in you car concealed with permit and they asked you out to search what then?

Same response that I would give them at any other time... 'NO, I do not consent to a search of myself or my property... Am I free to go?'.

Then see where the chips fall from there.... :eek:

TFred

I love the subject to search sign iaw VA law. So if you were in you car concealed with permit and they asked you out to search what then?
"...in accordance with the code of Virginia".

Tell them it would be against the law for you to get out of your car. I don't think that would do any good, but it might make think think a little.

TFred