• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Piggly Wiggly support your right to Open Carry....

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
I don't want to get into too much detail about how I came to find this out, but I can say that Piggly Wiggly Midwest has reviewed their policies regarding weapons in their stores and do not have a problem with law-abiding citizens open carrying in their stores.

So when it comes time to purchase some groceries keep Piggly Wiggly in mind!

protias

And of course, there will be no one freaking out. I'm sure if someone who is actually paying attention would start to wonder about the carry laws in WI.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Apparently Farm & Fleet is still doing their don't ask, don't tell. I had make an emergency buy last week & they are the only place anywhere around me I could obtain the item quickly. First time I've been near a Blain's in months, no signs anywhere, the employees and other customers had no big deal with the carrying. But I'm still avoiding them and will not buy anything from them unless I absolutely need something only available there.

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
I have already OC'ed at the Piggly Wiggly in Racine (South Side) without any issues...

Outdoorsman1
I have carried in several Piggly Wiggly store throughout SE Wisconsin in the past without incident as well, however, this recent news confirms that corporate knows that we carry in their stores and they don't have a problem with it.

paul@paul-fisher.com

The ones at least by me (Delavan and Elkhorn) are independently owned. The one in Elkhorn just became a Piggly Wiggly, it was Frank's County Market. I have OC'ed in there numerous times and the one in Delavan was taken over by the guys who owned the Pick & Save, Steinbrink, I believe. I have OC'ed only once in the Pig there, used to OC in Pick and Save all the time.

jeff niles

OC in the PIG Milton

They have it posted NO GUNS in the Milton store,will have to see if they changed there mind?

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
Two Piggly Wiggly stores being sold as franchises

http://www.journaltimes.com/business/local/article_04f2f3a2-53f6-11e0-a3bb-001cc4c002e0.html

The company that owns several Racine-area Piggly Wiggly stores plans to convert two of them to franchises.

Piggly Wiggly Midwest is in the process of selling stores at 5201 Washington Ave. and 3900 Erie St., said Gary Suokko, chief operating officer for the Sheboygan-based company. The sales will be completed no earlier than May 21, and the stores won't close during the transfer of ownership, Suokko said.

Policy could change at these two stores.

jeff niles

oc the pig

I talked the owner at milton pig it is independently owned,he can post i am trying to change his mind,any help , ? jeff

Last edited:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I talked the owner at milton pig it is independently owned,he can post i am trying to change his mind,any help , ? jeff

tell him, it is his right to post his store...then tell him , it's your right & the right of others not to do business at his store, also tell him that if he decides to post, his store will be black listed on www.friendorfoe.us & he will slowly lose money.

M

McX

Glock i so covet your avitar. lmaybe we shop when we can, where we can where the pig wiggles.

Last edited:

protias

tell him, it is his right to post his store...then tell him , it's your right & the right of others not to do business at his store, also tell him that if he decides to post, his store will be black listed on www.friendorfoe.us & he will slowly lose money.

In addition, if someone does happen to a customer or employees in the store, or to/from one's car, the store could be held liable.

RR_Broccoli

I don't want to get into too much detail about how I came to find this out, but I can say that Piggly Wiggly Midwest has reviewed their policies regarding weapons in their stores and do not have a problem with law-abiding citizens open carrying in their stores.

So when it comes time to purchase some groceries keep Piggly Wiggly in mind!

.... or so says the head office. Yet, like Wal-Mart, and many other stores there will be a strange congruence of unpunished and uncorrected "rogue" managers that somehow manage to go against the policy over and over again.

That said, I'd be interested in whatever public statement PW makes on the subject. (Psst, it does no good to have that opinion and not say anything about it.)

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I like the scene where he stops at the bridge, throw's his rifle in the river, draws his Bowie Kinfe, cuts his chest and waits....

Outdoorsman1

He was the only with big enough clankers to confront the Predator on a ONE on ONE basis...just a Big knife... You have to be a big bad MF to even think about doing that, knowing your already very outclassed, being Delta Force will do that you..they are never mentioned in the film but this TEAM was DELTA FORCE...

That's like a single World war 2 Sherman tank with a tough bad azzed MF tank commander going up against a Waffen SS King Tiger tank in an open field.....Outclassed before the battle even started... but sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do, No Pain no gain..

my second Favorite character is..MAC the bad azzed Delta Force guy
http://youtu.be/PR37Z5DzsTg

Last edited: