• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Letters to the Senators

firedog

Dear Senator Haridopolos,
The gutting of SB234 by a republican senator has disappointed me tremendously. As a respected president you have disappointed me by allowing this to happen. My disappointment will be reflected during the next campaign season. The failure of this senate to support true constitutional carry and the second amendment of the United States constitution is unacceptable. You have one more opportunity within the house bill. I pray that you realize the determination of your pro gun and pro rights constituents.

Respectfully,
Name address removed from posting
Dear Senator Altman,
The gutting of SB234 by a republican senator has disappointed me tremendously. As a co-sponsor of this bill you have disappointed me by allowing this to happen. My disappointment will be reflected during the next campaign season. The failure of this senate to support true constitutional carry and the second amendment of the United States constitution is unacceptable. You have one more opportunity within the house bill. I pray that you realize the determination of your pro gun and pro rights constituents.

Respectfully,
Name address removed from posting

firedog

Dear Senator Evers,
It is my position that you failed on SB234. This session of the senate passed a useless law and one that was outside it’s published objective. If this was not truly an “open carry” bill it should never have be presented as if it was. It does not protect the CCW holders from aggressive anti-gun law enforcement officers. It does not protect the second amendment of the constitution. It does not change the fact that Florida is only one of seven states that ban open carry of firearms. The bill is subjective and ambiguous and does little for the citizens of Florida.

Senator, you stood in front of everyone and made an apologetic speech about how gun owners could be arrested for accidentally exposing our firearms. This bill may have been worded as an open carry bill, but it was never intended to be an open carry bill and you knew it. It was only a matter of time before someone changed the text to match what everyone was intending it to be. In other words, you tried to get sneaky, and you are called on it. It was a cowardly way to present the bill, and it just proves that you were afraid of doing it in the first place. You felt a need to defend yourself before the ink was dry. I quote your words “this is no longer an open carry bill”, shameless!

I know I do not live in your district and that I am not one of your constituents. However, if Senator Evers has any ambition to represent Florida within the political arena of the federal house or senate you have more than likely lost any and all support from me. Your intentional deception upon the citizens of Florida has been duly noted.

Respectfully,
Name/Address removed from post....

77zach

Dear Senator Evers,
It is my position that you failed on SB234. This session of the senate passed a useless law and one that was outside it’s published objective. If this was not truly an “open carry” bill it should never have be presented as if it was. It does not protect the CCW holders from aggressive anti-gun law enforcement officers. It does not protect the second amendment of the constitution. It does not change the fact that Florida is only one of seven states that ban open carry of firearms. The bill is subjective and ambiguous and does little for the citizens of Florida.

Senator, you stood in front of everyone and made an apologetic speech about how gun owners could be arrested for accidentally exposing our firearms. This bill may have been worded as an open carry bill, but it was never intended to be an open carry bill and you knew it. It was only a matter of time before someone changed the text to match what everyone was intending it to be. In other words, you tried to get sneaky, and you are called on it. It was a cowardly way to present the bill, and it just proves that you were afraid of doing it in the first place. You felt a need to defend yourself before the ink was dry. I quote your words “this is no longer an open carry bill”, shameless!

I know I do not live in your district and that I am not one of your constituents. However, if Senator Evers has any ambition to represent Florida within the political arena of the federal house or senate you have more than likely lost any and all support from me. Your intentional deception upon the citizens of Florida has been duly noted.

Respectfully,

Maybe a little too harsh. Save any correspondence for when the session is over. Dean reads his emails and letters in the off season, maybe Evers does too.

j4l

Dear Senator Evers,

Respectfully,

concur 100%. to all of em.

j4l

Maybe a little too harsh. Save any correspondence for when the session is over. Dean reads his emails and letters in the off season, maybe Evers does too.

Once upon a time, I may have agreed.But seeing what they have done, or allowed to happen even if they didnt do themselves,I say no.This is PRECISELY what these clowns need to hear.
They were voted into power by their supporters to represent THEM. NOT the FSA,not the Retail clowns,and not their own agendas.

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
DO NOT for one second think that Sen. Altman or Haridopolos in any way supported this gutting of the bill!

Sen. Altman is 100% for unlicensed OC!

firedog

If I am not mistaken SB234 is not completely dead. HB517 could revive it and get it back on the senate floor. I highly doubt it with such a young house but it is possible. Another avenue is the Governor. If he vetoes it the bill will return to the senate at which time they can 2/3rd pass it or rewrite it and send it back to him.

Now is not the time to let up on the pressure and it is now that we must relay our disgust with the current senate and the NRA.

If I have the bill process wrong please enlighten me. The NRA is already touting its victory and preparing to defend its self when this bill fails to accomplish CCW protection.

Harsh is what is needed and right now. This is our best chance since ’87 and I don’t think we will ever have as good a shot as we do right now with the senate and house makeup. The courtship of these senators is over until they truly represent the constitution and full OC. Nice didn’t work, time for harsh..

Last edited:

77zach

If I am not mistaken SB234 is not completely dead. HB517 could revive it and get it back on the senate floor. I highly doubt it with such a young house but it is possible. Another avenue is the Governor. If he vetoes it the bill will return to the senate at which time they came 2/3rd pass it or rewrite it and send it back to him.

Now is not the time to let up on the pressure and it is now that we must relay our disgust with the current senate and the NRA.

If I have the bill process wrong please enlighten me. The NRA is already touting its victory and preparing to defend its self when this bill fails to accomplish CCW protection.

Harsh is what is needed and right now. This is our best chance since ’87 and I don’t think we will ever have as good a shot as we do right now with the senate and house makeup. The courtship of these senators is over until they truly represent the constitution and full OC. Nice didn’t work, time for harsh..

OC is dead this year. We need to get just one more vote in this senate next year + get it past Dean again. That's all. If not OCDO, Florida carry, etc, push in a couple good reps from the House, like Baxley or Dorworth and get it ini 2013.

firedog

DO NOT for one second think that Sen. Altman or Haridopolos in any way supported this gutting of the bill!

Sen. Altman is 100% for unlicensed OC!

I agree, I have spoken to Senator Haridopolos personally. My portrayal of disappointment towards him is in a hope that he will corner Boogie and tell her “hay, you're F’ing with my supporters and I don’t like it”. Same with Altman.
I did not pull my support from them, I simply made them aware of how I feel.

Believe me, they can pressure each other harder then we can pressure them ourselves. As I'm sure you are aware Stogie.

They've created a pit bull in the making right here... I just may make the 7 hr drive to the hill to knock on their door.

Last edited:

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
This sending of angry letters, especially to the wrong people, HAS TO STOP!

Next week Florida Carry will be sending out information to all of our members and friends about a coordinated effort to pass an open carry bill next year.

j4l

Next week Florida Carry will be sending out information to all of our members and friends about a coordinated effort to pass an open carry bill next year.

To be authored by, and voted on (or against,rather) the same clowns who bothced this one? Or to ,at best, blow a bunch of smoke up our backsides, then sit back and let someone slip in an emendment that completely tanks it at the last minute again?
Do we not learn any lessons? Worse, do we not make sure these folks we rely upon for this not learn any lessons?
By what means do we/you/whoever intend to inform these folks that the people are not the least satisified with this outcome? That we want OC. Consitutional,if possible,but OC. Not "protected CC" or any such compromised,watered-down nonsense?
By what means are these folks to grasp that their continued stay in Tally needs to depend on a positive outcome for those supporting/electing them?
Its not about harping on the "wrong ones".Its about letting all of them know that the constituents they are supposed to represent are disgruntled,and that we demand better effort.
If you are an employer,for example,and you have an employee who refuses to do the job, or at best sits back and lets other do the job,and do it poorly, do you retain that employee? Or do you send him to find employment elsewhere?

firedog

I don’t know Stogie,
I think these republican senators need to realize that we have come to conclusion that the original bill was a façade. Even though they proclaimed that they supported the bill we now see that it was not truly an open carry bill and we hold them accountable for their deception.

I think you should maintain the decorum with them and let some of your pit bull backers bark and growl.
Maybe when my blood pressure comes back down I will have a new enlightenment.

j4l

I don’t know Stogie,
I think these republican senators need to realize that we have come to conclusion that the original bill was a façade. Even though they proclaimed that they supported the bill we now see that it was not truly an open carry bill and we hold them accountable for their deception.

I think you should maintain the decorum with them and let some of your pit bull backers bark and growl.

Concur.Nice,polite,touchy-feely gets us/got us no where. I think we're deluded if we continue to think that kissing their backsides,rather than beginning work to replace their backsides.will have any more effect than before.
Yes,it would indeed be nice if such folks could be pursueded to actually represent their electorate's intentions, and to resist the special interests,but Im really not seeing much reason to think it will. Every now and then, I think they need to see and hear discontent-pretty and eloquent or otherwise, to realize they've screwed the pooch big-time.

StogieC

Campaign Veteran

Nobody in the legislature is going to let a snarling pit bill carry a gun on main street.

But that old sheep dog who protects the flock will get his way.

firedog

Nobody in the legislature is going to let a snarling pit bill carry a gun on main street.

But that old sheep dog who protects the flock will get his way.
Yea but they need to know that the old sheep dog will bite you if you "F" with him or his..
The squeaky wheel get the grease but the big loud bang of the drum get the attention of the flock.

Ok this banter is easing my stress a little... LOL gentleman..

Last edited:

firedog

Oh gawd no, you didn't just say that...
That's what I was thinking. You never worry about the sheep dog you just ignore him and stay away from him. The pit bull you never take you eye off of and you never "F" with him. Feed him regularly and treat him with respect and he'll be your best friend.

Again LOL....