• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Letters to the Senators

firedog

I'd like to hear them say it.

In public, and in print. Loud and clear.
But, seeing is believing. Show me-then ACT on it.

This sending of angry letters, especially to the wrong people, HAS TO STOP!

Next week Florida Carry will be sending out information to all of our members and friends about a coordinated effort to pass an open carry bill next year.
I know I said I would never post on here again after brboyer insulted me for the last time but I just couldn't resist. All of my correspondence to the senators have been cordial and polite as I see them. Contrary to brboyer’s to me and his ever implying attitude that I should just go away. If supporters are not what he or Sean wanted or I seem to radical for them then so be it. This is the latest Correspondence with Evers's aid My reply follows:

Sent: Monday, May 02, 2011 10:40 AM
To: 'Name removed from post'
Subject: RE: SB234 a failure

Mr. Name removed from post,

Thank you for contacting our office with you concerns regarding SB 234. Senator Evers understands you frustrations, however this bill was never intended to restore open carry in the state of Florida. The intent of this bill has always been to protect those lawfully concealing a firearm from being arrested due to accidental exposure. This bill allows for brief exposure. Current law does not allow for exposure at all. This bill also clarifies the parking lot law, electronic finger prints, and removes the contiguous states provision regarding the sale of long guns. The objective was not to conform Florida’s gun laws to the gun laws of other states. Senator Evers filed this bill in reaction to a serious and growing problem regarding accidental exposure. This bill is a positive step for gun owners.

Support for open carry simply was not there at this time and that is why Senator Evers accepted the amendment. Senator Evers is the only Senator who filed this language and is a tireless defender of 2nd amendment rights. Senator Evers will continue to work hard for gun rights.

Please do not hesitate to contact our office with any further questions or concerns.

God bless,

Ryan Rice
Legislative Assistant
Senator Greg Evers, District 2
24 Tarragona
Pensacola, FL 32502
850.595.0213 office
850.595.0214 fax
rice.ryan.s02@flsenate.gov

My reply:

Mr. Rice
Thank you for your reply and I can appreciate Senator Evers’s position on this bill. I do however stand by my depiction of fact as how this bill was presented. It was the title of the bill that drove my passion to support Senator Evers and campaign for the passage of SB234. It is only now that I realize the bills title was a deception to cater to the lobbyist of USF and deceive their supporters. It will take much time for my disappointment to subside and even longer to search for truthful candidate that truly believes in and supports the second amendment of the United States Constitution.

May god bless you and keep you safe.
For this, the failure of SB234 has made me and my family less so.

Respectfully,
Name removed from post

77zach

I know I said I would never post on here again after brboyer insulted me for the last time but I just couldn't resist. All of my correspondence to the senators have been cordial and polite as I see them. Contrary to brboyer’s to me and his ever implying attitude that I should just go away. If supporters are not what he or Sean wanted or I seem to radical for them then so be it. This is the latest Correspondence with Evers's aid My reply follows:

Well I hope you cool off and stick around. If the NRA isn't going to take up OC, then we have our work cut out for us. TX got theirs with no help from the NRA, even resistance from some other quarters, and it has made it to the House floor. No full time lobbyists or anything. Just grass roots movement. With more members of Florida Carry, it is doable here.

j4l

Well, for more than a few of us, "more members" is going to require a demonstrated effort to ratchet up some pressure on our Reps. and Senators.
And to demonstrate some effort to begin seeking the replacements for the current lot in office.
Clear, blunt pressure-not tip-toe around egos/beat around the bush -type action.
Im not blaming Florida Carry for any of this-just saying- that the bend over,smile, and take it- response to this deception, and betrayal, is troubling, at best.

firedog

This is one I got back from my house rep. Crisafulli is a good guy and I believe him. I think their hands were tied and they more or less had to honor their senate counterparts. If you see him or his name anywhere I would say support this guy. He's going be moving up in Florida politics. Our last resort is the Governor. Not likely but I keep praying we will somehow make this right. If not we’re looking at another 24 years. I do not believe in the "relax, take it easy” approach when dealing with elected officials. As I am sure you have noticed from previous post. We need to keep up the pressure and let them know every time we get a chance that 2011 was a scam & disappointment. I still would like to see the rude threatening emails our leaders and the USF speak of. I know they didn’t come from me. A little harsh maybe but never rude or threatening. Unless you consider telling them you will not be supporting them in their future endeavors rude and threatening.

Dear Mr. Name removed from post,
Thank you for your email. It is unlikely that HB 517 will be taken up, as it was not considered last week on the House floor; however, I expect the House to consider SB 234, as that bill was voted on by the Senate last week and sent to the House for consideration. While I favor the provisions of HB 517, I believe that SB 234 is a start, and it will provide protection to concealed carry permit holders from legal prosecution in the event their firearms become exposed in public.

I understand your concerns and want to reiterate that I do prefer HB 517 to SB 234. Unfortunately, sometimes, the end result we desire takes several years to achieve. If the House were to amend SB 234 with the language in HB 517, it is very likely that the entire bill would die, due to the end of the 2011 Legislative Session being just a few days away. As a strong supporter of the Second Amendment, I will be sure to keep your thoughts on open carry legislation in mind moving forward.

Respectfully,
Steve
Sent: Fri 4/29/2011 5:28 PM
To: Crisafulli, Steve
Subject: From 'Write Your Representative' Website

04/29/11 5:28 PM

To the Honorable Steve Crisafulli;

Sir,
Please do not surrender the language in HB517. You are our last resort to retain the true purpose of HB517 and the constitutional right of open carry. The senate failed to protect SB234. I implore you not to do the same by passing useless legislation in the house.

Sincerely,
Name removed from post

Last edited:

77zach

This is one I got back from my house rep. Crisafulli is a good guy and I believe him. I think their hands were tied and they more or less had to honor their senate counterparts. If you see him or his name anywhere I would say support this guy. He's going be moving up in Florida politics. Our last resort is the Governor. Not likely but I keep praying we will somehow make this right. If not we’re looking at another 24 years. I do not believe in the "relax, take it easy” approach when dealing with elected officials. As I am sure you have noticed from previous post. We need to keep up the pressure and let them know every time we get a chance that 2011 was a scam & disappointment. I still would like to see the rude threatening emails our leaders and the USF speak of. I know they didn’t come from me. A little harsh maybe but never rude or threatening. Unless you consider telling them you will not be supporting them in their future endeavors rude and threatening.

Look at this like a project. If TX can do it without the NRA we can do it too. While orders and plans will be forthcoming later in the week per Stogie, get as many people as possible to join Florida Carry for $1 now and always.

Texas MAY be more pro gun than Fl. From my research, I do not think they are more pro handgun than Fl. They have a serious neocon problem there also.

firedog

Look at this like a project. If TX can do it without the NRA we can do it too. While orders and plans will be forthcoming later in the week per Stogie, get as many people as possible to join Florida Carry for $1 now and always.

Texas MAY be more pro gun than Fl. From my research, I do not think they are more pro handgun than Fl. They have a serious neocon problem there also.
I don't know about joining Florida Carry. I had them setup for reoccurring donations but canceled it. After this disappointment IDK if they are the ones.

firedog

From Joseph Abruzzo:

Thank you for taking the time to write my office regarding HB 517 regarding campus carry, open carry and the amendments on SB 234.

I understand the importance of enforcing the rights of Floridians and this bill is a good example of ensuring that constituents are protected. I believe that citizens have a right to carry concealed weapons and as a result I voted in support of HB 517. As of now, this bill is not being heard in the House.

Unfortunately, the amendment which you refer to has already been passed in the Senate, As such, the bill will come to the House with the amendment attached. I will take your opposition to the amendment into consideration when it is time to vote.

It is active constituents like you that allow us to be kept aware of the issues most concerning the greater community. If there is any other matter that either I or my legislative staff may assist you with do not hesitate contacting us via e-mail at Joseph.Abruzzo@myfloridahouse.gov or call our district office at (561) 791-4774. Thank you for your continued support.

Representative Joseph Abruzzo
District 85

Wellington Community Center
12150 Forest Hill Blvd
Suite 300
Wellington, FL 33414
561-791-4774/561-791-4778 Fax

405 House Office Building
402 South Monroe Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1300
850-488-4791

Please note:
Florida has a very broad public records law. Most written communications to or from state officials or staff regarding state business are considered to be public records and will be made available to the public and the media upon request. Therefore, your e-mail message may be subject to public disclosure
I like the note: I wonder if we can FOIA request those rude threatening emails the USF referenced to?

Last edited:

j4l

True that Sunshine policy means all emails of govt personnel are to be handed out upon request...
while you're at it- request the email exchanges between these knuckleheads regarding this bill.. bet there'd be some interesting bits there....

Rich7553

Then why don't they prove it

They have, both in committee and behind the scenes. Don't forget that everything they say and do can be used against them politically by the opposition, who have the media on their side.

jammer

Senator Haridopolos,

Senator Haridopolos, wants to be your next,(US SENATOR COME THE NEXT ELECTION) HOW ABOUT THAT!!

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
"Don't forget that everything they say and do can be used against them politically by the opposition"

"You have the Right to remain complicit. Everything you say can and will be used against you in the next election."

Jojo712

Founder's Club Member
"You have the Right to remain complicit. Everything you say can and will be used against you in the next election."

Couldn't be more correctly stated. Haridopolos cannot be trusted regardless of what others here may assert. Correct me if I'm wrong. Again, these are the types of folks that a lobby can nail down and ask, point-blank. If they don't answer, just tell them, "there goes your grade, endorsement, money, and supporters, champ."

Rich7553

Couldn't be more correctly stated. Haridopolos cannot be trusted regardless of what others here may assert. Correct me if I'm wrong. Again, these are the types of folks that a lobby can nail down and ask, point-blank. If they don't answer, just tell them, "there goes your grade, endorsement, money, and supporters, champ."

Okay, I will. On what basis do you make the statement that Haridopolos cannot be trusted? It was Haridopolos that pressured Dean to vote in favor of SB 234 in the Senate Criminal Justice committee. It was Haridopolos that forced Flores to put SB 234 on the Senate Judiciary committee agenda after she attempted to stall it. It was Haridopolos who stated that if the last-minute Abruzzo amendment restored full OC back to SB 234 at the House floor, he would send it directly to the Senate floor without any more committee discussion.

I don't get it.

77zach

Don't know for sure. But the statement was made that he cannot be trusted. I'd like to know why.

I "trust" him. The only politician that I really trust is Ron Paul. But then again, he's not a politician, but a statesman. Haridopolis seems to be one of the better ones. He tried to legalize raw milk a few years ago. I hope he stays in the Fl senate, but I would love to see him replace the evil gun grabbing fascist Bill Nelson.