• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Printing

bob789000

Fayetteville, North Carolina, United States
What can happen if you print your weapon? I carry everytime I go out. I sometimes use an IWB holster and sometimes I use OWB holster. I just cover my weapon with my shirt and continue on. No one has said anything, I have noticed that people look at me like you aren't fooling anyone. Which honestly I don't care, just wondering what if any trouble I could get into for printing. I asked a CCW instructor about this and he said not to worry about it. I tried looking it up too and have found nothing on it. I know that by just being covered you can get charged for carrying concealed, so is printing OK? Sorry for this being so long and drawn out for such a simple question. I know this isn't OC related, but most of you CC and OC so I'm asking you for your expertise.

Last edited:

Chief1297

Your good to go in NC as long as you have your CC permit. No worries. On the flip side, if you ever do run into problems, let us know because I do the same thing.

Last edited:

muccione

If you have a CHP than who cares if your printing.... this is an open carry state.. so printing is no big deal... your dont have to hide the fact your CC... you just cant hide your gun unless you have a CHP....
Why not start OCing...

Carry24/7

I'm sure I have printed a time or two and never had anyone say anything. I'm sure most people are oblivious to it anyway. Some who do notice my think it's a cell phone or whatever. And like everyone else has said here as long as you have a CHP your good to go.

Last edited:

muccione

I get NO response from OC...so printing is nothing.. If sheeple dont see me OC than how do you expect them to see a print?

Sam

NC has no ridiculous printing or unintentional display laws. As long as you have a CHP, you don't have to worry about it.
Not sure about a couple of certain towns I always hear about, But I stay away from them.

Last edited:

Ricky

OC'd at a buffet just moments ago. Just came off vacation in S.C. where as you know it's concealed carry only. I printed the whole time, and really didn't care who saw it. Not a word from anybody. Funny story, I walked out of the room at the hotel with a tee shirt and shorts on headed to the lobby, got about 10 steps and realized I was OC'ing in S.C.Went back to the room and put on a button up shirt to cover my pistol. When you don't even give it a second thought thats when you realize how comfortable you are OC'ing......Soooo glad I live in N.C.

bwhunter65

Printing just means your weapon can be seen or made out no law against it. Law says if you conceal your pistol you must have a conceal pistol permit. So either you are concealed or not.

bob789000

Fayetteville, North Carolina, United States
Thanks!

I was carrying in Walmart the other day. My weapon was printing really bad and a police officer came up behind me at the customer service counter. I thought he had possibly been called or something, but turns out he was just returning something. LOL, He noticed my weapon didn't say anything, nor did anyone else. I was pretty pleased with the whole thing. I think I'm going to start open carrying though. I do appreciate your replies.