Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what about printing

what about printing

why don't we just make sure our holsters "print" now? or is that a bad idea?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

That's the idea of the luger thread.

I've shelved my AMD-65 thigh holster project in favor of a backpack-that-couldn't-be-holding-much-other-than-some-giant-gun-but-really-who-would-believe-a-gun-that-big-would-be-carried-concealed-so-we-kinda-doubt-it.

Concealment is about stifling discussion, chilling the right, and forcing carry of ineffective calibers.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    a backpack-that-couldn't-be-holding-much-other-than-some-giant-gun-but-really-who-would-believe-a-gun-that-big-would-be-carried-concealed-so-we-kinda-doubt-it.

hahaha
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Concealment is about stifling discussion, chilling the right, and forcing carry of ineffective calibers.
    "Ineffective calibers"? You mean 9mm, .40 S&W and .45ACP are "ineffective"?

Compared to what?

Quote Originally Posted by Japle View Post

Compared to what?
    where'd you get that quote from?

i don't carry my 9 or 40 because it's hard to conceal under my normal clothing. i'm stuck with my 6+1 .380ACP

:-p

Being stuck with kel-tec-only pisses me off. It's not an adequate self-defense gun, and I don't have Jon Stewart's definition of an Open Carry Body Type, so I can't carry anything else without printing anyway....
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Compared to what?
    I quite clearly said nothing of the sort. I said .32acp and .380acp are ineffective defense calibers.

1911? G20/21? Out of luck. Only fat people can CC those guns. Pardon me for being in decent shape...

Quote Originally Posted by Claytron View Post
    i thought concealment was about hiding your gun.
    Minor by-product of the actual purpose.

hold on a second

im in good shape... actually most would call me skinny.. parents say to skinny

but i carry a CZ P-07 duty 9mm everywhere and i dont print at all

my friend carrys a 1911 .45 and he doesnt print either

we both use cross breed supertuck holsters which help but you can cc almost any pistol.

Would like to know if i can wear a super tight shirt when this bill passes just so u can see the outline of the gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Hum727 View Post

we both use cross breed supertuck holsters which help but you can cc almost any pistol.

Would like to know if i can wear a super tight shirt when this bill passes just so u can see the outline of the gun?
    printing legal.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Yes, you can wear a super duper tight shirt to show it off but why. LOL.. 9mm are weak. I have this kid living with me and his dad shot at him with his 9mm and it hit the hood and then dropped on top of the block, Oh by the way the dad is an DRUNKASS that is now going to prison.
    God Bless America.

Compared to what?
    You know I can't stand to hear about ineffective calibers, I promise you this, Volunteer to allow me to test my calibers and I will, I have a perfect place for you to stand and that is approximately 30 feet away and with out armor, If you can handle it, Then I will say the caliber I use is ineffective..., It is a personal choice that people use, I don't personally want to be shot with anything even a BB, Cause the placement is far more effective than the caliber... I have seen damage and death from BB's to 44 mags and one from a 12 gauge.. So the caliber doesn't matter as much as the placement.

I quite clearly said nothing of the sort. I said .32acp and .380acp are ineffective defense calibers.

1911? G20/21? Out of luck. Only fat people can CC those guns. Pardon me for being in decent shape...
    So your in shape, Who says that, You.. No offense, This should be about guns and gun related stuff, Not fat and skinny... Even a boney man can conceal a gun if he has clothes on and has any sense... so are you naked or ignorant? just wondering, cause fat and skinny is makes no difference!

Quote Originally Posted by mister45 View Post
    You know I can't stand to hear about ineffective calibers, I promise you this, Volunteer to allow me to test my calibers and I will, I have a perfect place for you to stand and that is approximately 30 feet away and with out armor, If you can handle it, Then I will say the caliber I use is ineffective..., It is a personal choice that people use, I don't personally want to be shot with anything even a BB, Cause the placement is far more effective than the caliber... I have seen damage and death from BB's to 44 mags and one from a 12 gauge.. So the caliber doesn't matter as much as the placement.
    This is usually true but when dealing with a doped up criminal on PCP or equivalent I am not trusting noting less than a 40 cal to take his damn head off or at least his legs.
    And me, I have a dickie-do, and couldn't make it to the end of my driveway walking fast. But none of this matters anyway because you can print for all to see.
    Last edited by Rick H; 04-29-2011 at 06:31 PM.
    God Bless America.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick H View Post
    This is usually true but when dealing with a doped up criminal on PCP or equivalent I am not trusting noting less than a 40 cal to take his damn head off or at least his legs.
    And me, I have a dickie-do, and couldn't make it to the end of my driveway walking fast. But none of this matters anyway because you can print for all to see.
    I do agree as I carry a 40 Caliber "Glock" and at times when dressed where I can, I carry my 1911 (45 cal) on the out side of my belt, I would prefer the 40 over the 45 only cause it is dark colored and not stainless, But the larger caliber are my carry calibers...

I do agree as I carry a 40 Caliber "Glock" and at times when dressed where I can, I carry my 1911 (45 cal) on the out side of my belt, I would prefer the 40 over the 45 only cause it is dark colored and not stainless, But the larger caliber are my carry calibers...
    well I would like to carry my 357 mag 7 1/2'" from time to time but I don't want to wear a dress and the 3 & 4 XXXL are starting to look that way anyhow. even with my 40 cal but it is much shorter so 2XL are working. Even in a shoulder holster it is tooo big....LOL
    Last edited by Rick H; 04-29-2011 at 06:42 PM.
    God Bless America.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer6 View Post
    where'd you get that quote from?

i don't carry my 9 or 40 because it's hard to conceal under my normal clothing. i'm stuck with my 6+1 .380ACP
    While its difficult to conceal my P95, I have a Kahr CW45 that conceals quite nicely under even a thin shirt. With an extra mag in a holster as well, I do not feel like I am sacrificing anything.

Don't feel like you are ineffective either. Having something is better than having nothing, shot placement is key.

So your in shape, Who says that, You.. No offense, This should be about guns and gun related stuff, Not fat and skinny... Even a boney man can conceal a gun if he has clothes on and has any sense... so are you naked or ignorant? just wondering, cause fat and skinny is makes no difference!
    Dressed for being outdoors in Floriduh, only the morbidly obese can properly conceal a 1911. If you're dressed for indoor sloth, suit, jacket, dress clothes, etc... Maybe you can no matter what. But people who do actual work, not sit in the air-conditioning running scams, would be nuts to dress like that.

Quote Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
    While its difficult to conceal my P95, I have a Kahr CW45 that conceals quite nicely under even a thin shirt. With an extra mag in a holster as well, I do not feel like I am sacrificing anything.

Don't feel like you are ineffective either. Having something is better than having nothing, shot placement is key.
    shot placement is key.
    When and if available.
    God Bless America.

Quote Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
    If I empty the magazine of my 3" barreled .380; it's definitely not inadequate. But it's a one-target gun. It's just barely better than nothing. It's so close to having nothing, I often don't bother carrying at all.

Concealed chills the Right to the point that it almost doesn't exist.

If I empty the magazine of my 3" barreled .380; it's definitely not inadequate. But it's a one-target gun. It's just barely better than nothing. It's so close to having nothing, I often don't bother carrying at all.

Concealed chills the Right to the point that it almost doesn't exist.
    I have a Lorcen 380 and I think I would have a better chance of beating them with that make and model
    God Bless America.

This bill says nothing about it.....current law says it would be OK, but I guarantee you will speaking to LEO about it, maybe the jail staff too depending on how the LEO perceives your attitude. You have money for bail & an attorney, right?

Quote Originally Posted by brboyer View Post
    This bill says nothing about it.....current law says it would be OK, but I guarantee you will speaking to LEO about it, maybe the jail staff too depending on how the LEO perceives your attitude. You have money for bail & an attorney, right?
    I agree, I would rather cover well than thinly and where it is seen...

Dressed for being outdoors in Floriduh, only the morbidly obese can properly conceal a 1911. If you're dressed for indoor sloth, suit, jacket, dress clothes, etc... Maybe you can no matter what. But people who do actual work, not sit in the air-conditioning running scams, would be nuts to dress like that.
    Well I personally know some thin people and some average sized people that can dress light enough for the weather and still conceal a firearm, So again it is using a good holster and a little thinking ability on the part of the person whom dresses to cover, I know many that "Have" to work and they still carry while on the job, without anyone ever knowing cause most or many would be denied that right by their employer...

So while Florida, maybe Hot, It can still happen and never be seen.. right clothes and right position and right holster, means complete concealment... This is why so many wanted the Open Carry to happen, But then the boss could deny you that open carry right..

Well I personally know some thin people and some average sized people that can dress light enough for the weather and still conceal a firearm, So again it is using a good holster and a little thinking ability on the part of the person whom dresses to cover, I know many that "Have" to work and they still carry while on the job, without anyone ever knowing cause most or many would be denied that right by their employer...

So while Florida, maybe Hot, It can still happen and never be seen.. right clothes and right position and right holster, means complete concealment... This is why so many wanted the Open Carry to happen, But then the boss could deny you that open carry right..
    I carry. A woefully inadequate firearm. There is no possible way I can carry a 1911 without rusting it into a solid lump. Period. Impossible.

How nice that you can. Are you shaped like a gun safe?

I don't know many 100lb 5'1" women who can pull it off, either. Except for the incredibly stupid idea of carrying in a purse...

Just because a few people can do it, doesn't mean we all can. Effective defensive carry for the masses, not the selected few of the body type that suits. This means OC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast