• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

what about printing

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Don't feel like you are ineffective either. Having something is better than having nothing, shot placement is key.

If I empty the magazine of my 3" barreled .380; it's definitely not inadequate. But it's a one-target gun. It's just barely better than nothing. It's so close to having nothing, I often don't bother carrying at all.

Concealed chills the Right to the point that it almost doesn't exist.

Rick H

If I empty the magazine of my 3" barreled .380; it's definitely not inadequate. But it's a one-target gun. It's just barely better than nothing. It's so close to having nothing, I often don't bother carrying at all.

Concealed chills the Right to the point that it almost doesn't exist.

I have a Lorcen 380 and I think I would have a better chance of beating them with that make and model

brboyer

im in good shape... actually most would call me skinny.. parents say to skinny:cry:

but i carry a CZ P-07 duty 9mm everywhere and i dont print at all

my friend carrys a 1911 .45 and he doesnt print either

we both use cross breed supertuck holsters which help but you can cc almost any pistol.

Would like to know if i can wear a super tight shirt when this bill passes just so u can see the outline of the gun?

This bill says nothing about it.....current law says it would be OK, but I guarantee you will speaking to LEO about it, maybe the jail staff too depending on how the LEO perceives your attitude. You have money for bail & an attorney, right?

mister45

This bill says nothing about it.....current law says it would be OK, but I guarantee you will speaking to LEO about it, maybe the jail staff too depending on how the LEO perceives your attitude. You have money for bail & an attorney, right?

I agree, I would rather cover well than thinly and where it is seen...

mister45

Dressed for being outdoors in Floriduh, only the morbidly obese can properly conceal a 1911. If you're dressed for indoor sloth, suit, jacket, dress clothes, etc... Maybe you can no matter what. But people who do actual work, not sit in the air-conditioning running scams, would be nuts to dress like that.

Well I personally know some thin people and some average sized people that can dress light enough for the weather and still conceal a firearm, So again it is using a good holster and a little thinking ability on the part of the person whom dresses to cover, I know many that "Have" to work and they still carry while on the job, without anyone ever knowing cause most or many would be denied that right by their employer...

So while Florida, maybe Hot, It can still happen and never be seen.. right clothes and right position and right holster, means complete concealment... This is why so many wanted the Open Carry to happen, But then the boss could deny you that open carry right..

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Well I personally know some thin people and some average sized people that can dress light enough for the weather and still conceal a firearm, So again it is using a good holster and a little thinking ability on the part of the person whom dresses to cover, I know many that "Have" to work and they still carry while on the job, without anyone ever knowing cause most or many would be denied that right by their employer...

So while Florida, maybe Hot, It can still happen and never be seen.. right clothes and right position and right holster, means complete concealment... This is why so many wanted the Open Carry to happen, But then the boss could deny you that open carry right..

I carry. A woefully inadequate firearm. There is no possible way I can carry a 1911 without rusting it into a solid lump. Period. Impossible.

How nice that you can. Are you shaped like a gun safe?

I don't know many 100lb 5'1" women who can pull it off, either. Except for the incredibly stupid idea of carrying in a purse...

Just because a few people can do it, doesn't mean we all can. Effective defensive carry for the masses, not the selected few of the body type that suits. This means OC.

VW_Factor

I carry. A woefully inadequate firearm. There is no possible way I can carry a 1911 without rusting it into a solid lump. Period. Impossible.

I don't know many 100lb 5'1" women who can pull it off, either. Except for the incredibly stupid idea of carrying in a purse...

Just because a few people can do it, doesn't mean we all can. Effective defensive carry for the masses, not the selected few of the body type that suits. This means OC.

So.. Don't carry a 1911.. There are a lot of different firearms out there, and I'd be willing to bet you could find something that would fulfill your needs.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
So.. Don't carry a 1911.. There are a lot of different firearms out there, and I'd be willing to bet you could find something that would fulfill your needs.

What .45, .357sig, or 10mm is significantly smaller than a 1911? No snubby revolvers, I already hate the short sight radius of the 1911.

I used to carry a Ruger P89 in a buttcrack holster. The sweating all over it thing was the bad part. I could carry a full-sized frame there, but the rust....

VW_Factor

Google is a good resource for researching your requirements I am sure. I like my Kahr, but you may find something else you'll like. I wanted a small .45 and thats what I carry. :)

hammer6

im in good shape... actually most would call me skinny.. parents say to skinny:cry:

but i carry a CZ P-07 duty 9mm everywhere and i dont print at all

my friend carrys a 1911 .45 and he doesnt print either

we both use cross breed supertuck holsters which help but you can cc almost any pistol.

Would like to know if i can wear a super tight shirt when this bill passes just so u can see the outline of the gun?

I don't like wearing IWB holsters...it stretches my belts out, and i have to by larger than normal pants. it's horribly uncomfortable too- especially after a healthy meal...

mister45

Well, No, I'm not shaped like a gun safe, Built like a brick sh*t house maybe... But with the right gun and the right holster, anyone can carry any caliber gun and as for the rust, wipe that firearm down every night and show it a little love and some oil and it will not rust, Or buy stainless...

j4l

During winter months, in seasonal attire, I used to get away with 1911's, concealed. IN NYC.
Now in Florida,with warm-seaon attire. Not gonna happen. Regardless of holster.
I work mostly from home,and as such am at home 90%+ of my time, so I open carry constantly.
When I am out and about (store,etc.) Im usually in t-shirt/jeans or my Tommy Bahama rig. 1911, or any other EFFECTIVE full-size rig is not going to be concealed without some form of printing happening.End of discussion.

Cant stand any of the IWB holsters in any size/caliber. So, I end up packing the mouse guns in pockets.Those are fine as BUGS, or as in-a-pinch/last-ditch pistols,but not suitable as the primary carry gun.Yes, shot-placement is wonderful and all. And I'vr practiced well enough with the BUGS to consistently hit a playing-card-sized group with all 6 shots out to 25m while moving. But 6 shots of bee stings is still only 6 shots of bee stings. Unacceptable.

Last edited: