• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

what about printing

hammer6

why don't we just make sure our holsters "print" now? or is that a bad idea?

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
That's the idea of the luger thread.

I've shelved my AMD-65 thigh holster project in favor of a backpack-that-couldn't-be-holding-much-other-than-some-giant-gun-but-really-who-would-believe-a-gun-that-big-would-be-carried-concealed-so-we-kinda-doubt-it.

Concealment is about stifling discussion, chilling the right, and forcing carry of ineffective calibers.

Claytron

That's the idea of the luger thread.

I've shelved my AMD-65 thigh holster project in favor of a backpack-that-couldn't-be-holding-much-other-than-some-giant-gun-but-really-who-would-believe-a-gun-that-big-would-be-carried-concealed-so-we-kinda-doubt-it.

Concealment is about stifling discussion, chilling the right, and forcing carry of ineffective calibers.

i thought concealment was about hiding your gun.

Japle

"Ineffective calibers"? You mean 9mm, .40 S&W and .45ACP are "ineffective"?

Compared to what?

hammer6

Compared to what?

where'd you get that quote from?

i don't carry my 9 or 40 because it's hard to conceal under my normal clothing. i'm stuck with my 6+1 .380ACP

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
:p

Being stuck with kel-tec-only pisses me off. It's not an adequate self-defense gun, and I don't have Jon Stewart's definition of an Open Carry Body Type, so I can't carry anything else without printing anyway....

ixtow

Founder's Club Member

Compared to what?

I quite clearly said nothing of the sort. I said .32acp and .380acp are ineffective defense calibers.

1911? G20/21? Out of luck. Only fat people can CC those guns. Pardon me for being in decent shape...

Hum727

hold on a second

im in good shape... actually most would call me skinny.. parents say to skinny:cry:

but i carry a CZ P-07 duty 9mm everywhere and i dont print at all

my friend carrys a 1911 .45 and he doesnt print either

we both use cross breed supertuck holsters which help but you can cc almost any pistol.

Would like to know if i can wear a super tight shirt when this bill passes just so u can see the outline of the gun?

77zach

im in good shape... actually most would call me skinny.. parents say to skinny:cry:

we both use cross breed supertuck holsters which help but you can cc almost any pistol.

Would like to know if i can wear a super tight shirt when this bill passes just so u can see the outline of the gun?

printing legal.

Rick H

Yes, you can wear a super duper tight shirt to show it off but why. LOL.. 9mm are weak. I have this kid living with me and his dad shot at him with his 9mm and it hit the hood and then dropped on top of the block, Oh by the way the dad is an DRUNKASS that is now going to prison.

mister45

Compared to what?

You know I can't stand to hear about ineffective calibers, I promise you this, Volunteer to allow me to test my calibers and I will, I have a perfect place for you to stand and that is approximately 30 feet away and with out armor, If you can handle it, Then I will say the caliber I use is ineffective..., It is a personal choice that people use, I don't personally want to be shot with anything even a BB, Cause the placement is far more effective than the caliber... I have seen damage and death from BB's to 44 mags and one from a 12 gauge.. So the caliber doesn't matter as much as the placement.

mister45

I quite clearly said nothing of the sort. I said .32acp and .380acp are ineffective defense calibers.

1911? G20/21? Out of luck. Only fat people can CC those guns. Pardon me for being in decent shape...

So your in shape, Who says that, You.. No offense, This should be about guns and gun related stuff, Not fat and skinny... Even a boney man can conceal a gun if he has clothes on and has any sense... so are you naked or ignorant? just wondering, cause fat and skinny is makes no difference!

Rick H

You know I can't stand to hear about ineffective calibers, I promise you this, Volunteer to allow me to test my calibers and I will, I have a perfect place for you to stand and that is approximately 30 feet away and with out armor, If you can handle it, Then I will say the caliber I use is ineffective..., It is a personal choice that people use, I don't personally want to be shot with anything even a BB, Cause the placement is far more effective than the caliber... I have seen damage and death from BB's to 44 mags and one from a 12 gauge.. So the caliber doesn't matter as much as the placement.

This is usually true but when dealing with a doped up criminal on PCP or equivalent I am not trusting noting less than a 40 cal to take his damn head off or at least his legs.
And me, I have a dickie-do, and couldn't make it to the end of my driveway walking fast. But none of this matters anyway because you can print for all to see.

Last edited:

mister45

This is usually true but when dealing with a doped up criminal on PCP or equivalent I am not trusting noting less than a 40 cal to take his damn head off or at least his legs.
And me, I have a dickie-do, and couldn't make it to the end of my driveway walking fast. But none of this matters anyway because you can print for all to see.

I do agree as I carry a 40 Caliber "Glock" and at times when dressed where I can, I carry my 1911 (45 cal) on the out side of my belt, I would prefer the 40 over the 45 only cause it is dark colored and not stainless, But the larger caliber are my carry calibers...

Rick H

I do agree as I carry a 40 Caliber "Glock" and at times when dressed where I can, I carry my 1911 (45 cal) on the out side of my belt, I would prefer the 40 over the 45 only cause it is dark colored and not stainless, But the larger caliber are my carry calibers...

well I would like to carry my 357 mag 7 1/2'" from time to time but I don't want to wear a dress and the 3 & 4 XXXL are starting to look that way anyhow. even with my 40 cal but it is much shorter so 2XL are working. Even in a shoulder holster it is tooo big....LOL

Last edited:

VW_Factor

where'd you get that quote from?

i don't carry my 9 or 40 because it's hard to conceal under my normal clothing. i'm stuck with my 6+1 .380ACP

While its difficult to conceal my P95, I have a Kahr CW45 that conceals quite nicely under even a thin shirt. With an extra mag in a holster as well, I do not feel like I am sacrificing anything.

Don't feel like you are ineffective either. Having something is better than having nothing, shot placement is key.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
So your in shape, Who says that, You.. No offense, This should be about guns and gun related stuff, Not fat and skinny... Even a boney man can conceal a gun if he has clothes on and has any sense... so are you naked or ignorant? just wondering, cause fat and skinny is makes no difference!

Dressed for being outdoors in Floriduh, only the morbidly obese can properly conceal a 1911. If you're dressed for indoor sloth, suit, jacket, dress clothes, etc... Maybe you can no matter what. But people who do actual work, not sit in the air-conditioning running scams, would be nuts to dress like that.

Rick H

While its difficult to conceal my P95, I have a Kahr CW45 that conceals quite nicely under even a thin shirt. With an extra mag in a holster as well, I do not feel like I am sacrificing anything.

Don't feel like you are ineffective either. Having something is better than having nothing, shot placement is key.

shot placement is key.
When and if available.