• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Logans Roadhouse Fair Lakes Is Now Anti-gun

Virginiaplanter

After visiting the Logans Roadhouse at Fair Lakes on a regular basis open carrying for the last three years without any problems, they have changed managers who announced tonight that no guns are allowed in the restaurant. We didn't look for any signs as we did not care and took our business to a nicer restaurant down the road. The contact information for anybody who is interested including criminals for an easy score is:

Logans Roadhouse
Terry Grover
General Manager
12821 Fair Lakes Pkwy
Fairfax, Va 22033
Phone 703-803-8559
Fax: 703-803-8474

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Thanks for the info. Will steer clear. If they won't respect our right to self-defense, I see no point in supporting their right to earn a living.

Besides, I always have to wonder a little bit about how deep their concern for their fellow man really runs if they are willing to deny him self-defense. If their concern is that shallow, maybe their shallowness finds it a little easier to cut corners on hygiene. I wouldn't want to find out the hard way.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
Countdown to the postcard....

Postcard went to Sterling store and corporate office in OCT 2010.

logans-sterling.jpg

Virginiaplanter

I just did some research and a restaurant in St. Louis was recently robbed in January and the manager was shot during the robbery. So their policy had no deterrent effect on crime, but just enabled it. Here is the story:

Logan's robbery and shooting

So to warn people they will be defenseless sheep, their Wikipedia page has been updated.

Logan's Wikipedia

Last edited:

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Ed did you ever get a reply from Texas Roadhouse or follow up with them in any way other than your post-card?

I've never had any issue with Logan's Roadhouse. Although one assistant manager hinted to some of the wait staff that regularly waited on me that she wans't going to put up with me carrying my gun there one night I told them to tell her "to crap or get off the pot" as I hadn't yet placed my order and if that was going to be the rule they'd never see my face again in their store. At the time I was a 2 or 3 time a week customer and I think once they put it to her, she shut her yapper and there was no problem. There was only one other occasion when a new manager addressed my wife and I one evening when I was carrying and happened to be seated at one of the booths over in the "bar area" and he didn't think it was legal to carry in the bar area, but we got that straightened out quickly and he always makes sure to say hi when we come in. Further he's a new gun owner himself and seems to be freedom loving, so we've had some good chats about gun / self defense laws and he's become a bit of a freedom activist himself.

In 2009 when Tennessee changed its law to allow for carry many restaurants were howling about not allowing armed patrons in their restaurant. Even during this time, Logans Roadhouse was one of 3 or 4 big chains that came out publicly and stated that armed customers were welcome in their restaurants and noted that they would not be posting "No Guns" signs. Having gone out on a limb like that when they could've easily said nothing, I think we all ought to take a calm approach to Logans until we hear something definitive from the corporate office. Even today there are the occasional "No Guns" signs hung up in Starbucks, but they stuck their necks out to declare that they'd welcome gun carriers so it's probably wise to take an approach so as not to alienate a company that is neutral or friendly to customers carrying sidearms based on the actions of 1 or 2 rogue managers.

ed

Ed did you ever get a reply from Texas Roadhouse or follow up with them in any way other than your post-card?
Not officially. I CC'ed in there and when the manager did the whole "how is everything?" I said food was good and service was good and atmosphere and management SUCK. Of course THAT started the conversation (all said with smiles and laughter). We talked about it for 30 mins.. Gave him OC cards.. he even knew of my postcard and said it was saved in the back.. but it was a corp policy. but at least they were not posted. I have to go there sometime with friends/family but I go out of my way NOT to go there.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Corporate policy? I do believe he's full of horsecrap based on the corporate office's open stand that they welcomed armed customers in Tennessee when many others were causing a real stir about the possibility of armed patrons in the summer of '09. Logan's Roadhouse didn't have to take the stand they took, but they did.

I take it you didn't follow up with the corporate office?

ed

Corporate policy? I do believe he's full of horsecrap based on the corporate office's open stand that they welcomed armed customers in Tennessee when many others were causing a real stir about the possibility of armed patrons in the summer of '09. Logan's Roadhouse didn't have to take the stand they took, but they did.

I take it you didn't follow up with the corporate office?
I did.. multiple times.. do you have a letter or something from the corporate office I can take to my local Logans?

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
No I don't have anything from the corporate office other than their statement from '09. I guess I could see where I found it and link you to it. That's too bad that the corporate office never did get back with you. Maybe this issue will flush things out. Hopefully some complaints went to the corporate office on this event rather than just to the store management, which apparently just doesn't care.

nuc65

Activist Member
I haven't had an issue at the Logan's Roadhouse here in Lynchburg, I enjoy eating there so it would sadden me if I were not to go there anymore. That being said I find it highly unamerican to discriminate against people who believe in the constitution and the bill of rights.

Virginiaplanter

"In 2010, private equity firm Kelso & Co. acquired the company."

They were just recently acquired by this private equity firm. It's probably not a coincidence that all of a sudden they have changed.

TFred

I suspect the self-appointed Wiki moderators will come along and undo your modifications. And probably rightly so.

IMHO, as much as I agree with the idea and sentiment, such information belongs in a sub-section specifically dedicated to this change, not in the very first line of the article.

A dedicated section would give you an extra sentence or two to explain the nonsense of their policy in light of a pro-self-defense position, and in the case of Fuddruckers, even to note the "coincidence" of the new policy followed quickly by their bankruptcy.

Wiki has has thousands of articles with controversial political views, they don't really tolerate such battles, and will more than happily lock down a page that draws these sorts of back-and-forth change wars.

TFred

nuc65

Activist Member
Probably not the moderators at wikipedia, usually companies now use their marketing department to modify and continually change their page when others edit them.

I think a Second Amendment page could contain the anti-2A establishments as well.