• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Effective Communication with Anti-OC Legislators.

firedog

1. Writing threatening letters to the senators and calling them angrily does not help.
Is your goal to yell at them until they say: "Wow, this guy is really mad and is threatening me and my staff. I think I'll make it easier for him to carry a gun!"

2. No. As I said before, multiple times, there will be a coordinated effort to fix this announced in a few days.
Maybe you can give us a hint of your plan? I think some of us are angry and might be knee jerk reacting to this. Give us an idea, it would help to cool down things!
That’s what I’m worried about also. Maybe sometime in the next 24 years (’87-’11) we will be able to get some Florida senator to introduce new legislation for OC. Maybe this time they won’t put up the pretense that they are actually attempting to get open carry. This will be right about the time the NRA says “yea, we're all for gun rights, now lets see if we can get that federal ammunition ban repealed”. Maybe Florida will really support open carry if we can’t buy bullets for our guns.

The NRA "F" us and everybody knows it.

Last edited:

j4l

Maybe you can give us a hint of your plan? I think some of us are angry and might be knee jerk reacting to this. Give us an idea, it would help to cool down things!

Knee-jerk? We were strung-along with winks,nods,and placating smiles for a while before being turned around and bent over the podium.
Now it's considered to be somehow radical, or outrageous to be a bit irate about it, or to express being so.
Did any of them actually expect to get away with saying "nay" or "wait a minute,let's play word-games with it one last time, and kill it off" and be congratulated for it?
There needs to be a back-lash for it.They need to hear and feel that backlash for it, in order to understand that most of us are not content to whimper off quietly into obscurity with no consequences.
Failing to do so sends entirely the wrong message to those we elect to represent us.It tells them "no problem, we forgive you for failing us,and denying us our basic rights, could you please bend me over some more?"

Last edited:

firedog

Knee-jerk? We were strung-along with winks,nods,and placating smiles for a while before being turned around and bent over the podium.

Did any of them actually expect to get away with saying "nay" or "wait a minute,let's play word-games with it one last time, and kill it off" and be congratulated for it?
Yep, the NRA congratulated the hell out of them.

j4l

Yep, the NRA congratulated the hell out of them.

I stand corrected. But I meant did they expect US to actually thank them for the bend-over,and ask for more? or...?

Oh,wait..there I go getting delusional again...WE dont matter..

10x

Now it's considered to be somehow radical, or outrageous to be a bit irate about it, or to express being so.
There needs to be a back-lash for it.They need to hear and feel that backlash for it, in order to understand that most of us are not content to whimper off quietly into obscurity with no consequences.
Failing to do so sends entirely the wrong message to those we elect to represent us.It tells them "no problem, we forgive you for failing us,and denying us our basic rights, could you please bend me over some more?"

I agree with you, I feel like doing something about it now, thats why I ask what is the plan. I am just so angry at the F***tard liars!

j4l

I agree with you, I feel like doing something about it now, thats why I ask what is the plan. I am just so angry at the F***tard liars!

Well, I guess we'll be briefed in on "the plan" at some point. Let us just hope it doesnt involve us sitting quietly in the corner, like good little sheeple,and lubing ourselves up for the next bend-over.....

Last edited:

77zach

Well, I guess we'll be briefed in on "the plan" at some point. Let us just hope it doesnt involve us sitting quietly in the corner, like good little sheeple,and lubing ourselves up for the next bend-over.....

I'm dropping this into the mail. We really could use their help. I'm not done editing it. But everyone of us should send something thankful and well thought out too.

Unified Sportsmen of Florida.
PO BOX 1387
Tallahassee, Florida 32302

Dear Ms Hammer,
Thank you so much for all your efforts in Talahassee over the last several decades. You are truly this state’s greatest civil rights activist.
The 2011 session saw a failed attempt to make right one of the few significant infringements that remain in the state: the open carry ban. I wrote this letter because I was so disappointed by the result. I feel that the NRA and Senator Evers may have fumbled. I sense that the NRA does not appreciate the power of the growing “open carry” movement. I believe that open carry is one of the reasons for states beginning to dismantle the gun control edifice.
Concealed carry is a right. Open carry is more of a right even if it is not as popular. This is of course why 29 states don’t regulate it at all. There are endless utilitarian arguments for a person to openly carry; this goes without saying, given our state’s climate alone. The NRA understands what a devastating impact the norming of guns into society has on the “gun control” agenda. It is my position that open carry is a powerful but too often neglected weapon in this norming process. Our opponents have admitted this. The Brady Campaing, the Violence Policy Center, and others have plainly stated that if the popularity of open carry continues, they are finished. It reminds people of their rights, it reminds them who the soverigns are, it reverses the notion that guns are dirty, evil objects that we must cover up like our private parts. In Florida, we only see the state bearing arms. More importantly, it is illegal for anyone but agents of the state to bear arms in public. This must change.
It may not have made a difference, but not once did you or Senator Evers mention the word “rights” in committee in the Senate. Contrast this with the arguments given by Representatives Dorworth and Baxley in the House committee. “Accidental Exposure” was half of their argument. The more import half focused on the chilling of a natural right. Mr Baxley said it was “all about control” and he was right. That committee hearing saw a vote in our favor of 14-4, including 2 democrats. I wonder if we would have had a different result in the other chamber if we were not afraid of looking kooky? In the Senate, Mr Evers tried to sneak open carry through by only mentioning accidental exposure. The result was vague language that doesn’t even solve the accidental exposure problem becoming law, along with some insignificant improvements in other areas.
We have a House and a Governor who are strongly pro open carry, and from what I can tell, we only needed one more vote for it in the Senate! From now on, there will be grass roots efforts to get a clean open carry bill passed as is enjoyed in almost every other state. I hope you and the NRA can be convinced of the potential of this legislation. Please consider how open carry has the ability to make gun control groups irrelevant by letting people realize that our rights are not to be feared; that pieces of metal and plastic are not to be feared. I hope you and the NRA consider making open carry ( intentional open carry!) a priority in the “shall issue” states where it is illegal.
Sincerely,

10x

I am new to this forum, I found it surfing the net on accident. I would get most of my gun information from the NRA site.

Thanks to this forum I have been following SB 234 and the legislative process of this bill. I new how our system worked, but never saw it firsthand workings of it live from web feeds. I never imagined the corruption and lies that I saw.

I now realize why Our Country is in such a mess. These politicians just blow smoke up our asses and say anything to get elected, they only care about getting power. This corruption is so clear at a state level and I cannot imagine how messed up it is on a federal level. As long as we elect the same idiots nothing will change. I have lost faith in the system. I feel like we are a few that want to make a difference, and rest really do not care about our liberty and freedoms being lost.

I sometimes feel like our voices mean nothing to these legistlators, all they want is to be re-elected. It is very frustrating!

Sorry, I just had to vent a little

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I am new to this forum, I found it surfing the net on accident. I would get most of my gun information from the NRA site.

Thanks to this forum I have been following SB 234 and the legislative process of this bill. I new how our system worked, but never saw it firsthand workings of it live from web feeds. I never imagined the corruption and lies that I saw.

I now realize why Our Country is in such a mess. These politicians just blow smoke up our asses and say anything to get elected, they only care about getting power. This corruption is so clear at a state level and I cannot imagine how messed up it is on a federal level. As long as we elect the same idiots nothing will change. I have lost faith in the system. I feel like we are a few that want to make a difference, and rest really do not care about our liberty and freedoms being lost.

I sometimes feel like our voices mean nothing to these legistlators, all they want is to be re-elected. It is very frustrating!

I reached that point about 15 years ago.

It's not as bad as you think; it's much, much worse.

j4l

Indeed. And let's not even get started on the Federal side of things- FUBAR is the standard mode of operation on all things...
But yes, at every turn around,come elections we are constantly left with the "lesser of two evils" choices,it seems. Constantly,we see the same,ineffective riff-raff being re-cycled through the positions.
And constantly,we fall for the polite nods,and "ya,ok sure,I'll support that" crap-only to be disappointed. They've finally begun to pick up on the need to correct that at the National level. We need to soon begin correcting that at the Local/State levels as well.

77zach

Worrying about national matters is a waste of time. The interests are too powerful and evil. They'll fall on their own. Unfortunately, they're going to hurt us real bad in the process. We need to concentrate at state and local level. One issue at the time. I'm concentrating on OC.

Jojo712

Founder's Club Member
As 77zach stated, we need to focus on eight, not everybody who was initially against us, and certainly not those who tried to help us. We need the list of these eight and we need to get going. StogieC is right: the bird-shot pellet approach is not going to help. Think rodeo: we need that magic number eight.

List, anyone?

firedog

It is a colluded effort between the money holders and the money want’ers. I do not know the answers but I can see the benefactors, the money holders and the money want’ers. The citizens are the ones left out. The NRA is the money holders and the politicians are the money want’ers. Every time the NRA can claim a victory the more money they can draw in. When the legislators start colluding with the money holders we as the rights deserving citizens get it in the shorts.

They (NRA/Politicians) do not care about the constitution, the rights outlined in the constitution or the citizens they are supposed to protect. Note: I did not say “the citizen they represent”, I said the citizens they are supposed to protect. It doesn’t matter if you do not live in their district. They are elected representatives of the “citizens” and it is their job to protect the words of the constitution which in turn protects every citizen of the state regardless. There is no quick answer. They are both about the $$'s

The money holders are the ones that need to hear from the people and the only way to do that is to find honest and true believers in the constitution. The NRA is not it. Every time we give money blindly to the NRA we are being sucked into their propaganda that they support the constitution and 2A. If their actions on SB234 has not convinced the people on this forum I fear we will never gain what 43 other states already have. Full constitutional open carry..

koja1962

I might be nieve but that seems to be the only way i see this ever getting done. We need to shake the tree and let the legislators know they work for us. I am 100percent for letting them know how mad we are and that they will not be in office the next term.the nice and polite stuff obviously dosn't work. remember the old saying "the squeaky wheel" well it's time for them to start oiling it!

77zach

As 77zach stated, we need to focus on eight, not everybody who was initially against us, and certainly not those who tried to help us. We need the list of these eight and we need to get going. StogieC is right: the bird-shot pellet approach is not going to help. Think rodeo: we need that magic number eight.

List, anyone?

Dean, Oelrich, Alexander, Boggie, Jones, Bennett, Latvala (?) Simmons(?)

One of these must be convinced to get OC next year. If not, the year after they must be replaced by the bountiful numbers of good House Reps.

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
We are in no rush anymore. I'm sure we'll get our emails from FLCarry. Let the fearless leaders do what they do. Hopefully they've learned a bit from this.

Time to relax for a while. Regroup. Start hammering them again in a few months. For now, invite the evil ones to your fishing trips.... ;-)

j4l

List, anyone?

Yes,and No. Here's my issue with that concept: what of the others? Somehow one person was able to mangle the wording of the bill with their ammendment without opposition. The other non-8? ..(crickets chirping)....
That thing slipped through, no scratch that. That thing bulldozed on through, and was accepted in it's mangled, nuetered form. Did anyone raise their hand and say,,,,"errr hold on a second,there..."
No.
So the guy who sits whimpering in a corner,and doesnt speak out-thats our ally?

77zach

Yes,and No. Here's my issue with that concept: what of the others? Somehow one person was able to mangle the wording of the bill with their ammendment without opposition. The other non-8? ..(crickets chirping)....
That thing slipped through, no scratch that. That thing bulldozed on through, and was accepted in it's mangled, nuetered form. Did anyone raise their hand and say,,,,"errr hold on a second,there..."
No.
So the guy who sits whimpering in a corner,and doesnt speak out-thats our ally?

Yes,

Because a legislator doesn't want to come away empty handed from a session. His stupid doctors/guns bill was castrated, campus carry was nuked. He thought he could sneak it through and was mistaken. We all make mistakes. Hopefully HB 517 dies. That makes are job easier. Either way, next time accidental exposure or the vague language of the new SB 234 will be a small part of the argument.

Again, nothing can be done about the makeup of the senate between now and the next session, so why threaten people who are for OC, even if they went about it stupidly?