Thread: Training is good.... but not like this.

Training is good.... but not like this.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/icu-drill-w...121018129.html

Luckily no one really got hurt, but i am left scratching my head. I have never met (though I am sure some exist) a normal (armed) citizen who would be naive enough to do anything remotely like this.

Quote Originally Posted by phreak View Post
    http://www.lvrj.com/news/icu-drill-w...121018129.html

Luckily no one really got hurt, but i am left scratching my head. I have never met (though I am sure some exist) a normal (armed) citizen who would be naive enough to do anything remotely like this.
    I love the last two lines of the article. The cop is very lucky. If I remember right, the cops gun was unloaded during the exercise.
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

RED DRAGONS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sabotage70 View Post
    I love the last two lines of the article. The cop is very lucky. If I remember right, the cops gun was unloaded during the exercise.
    Concur. I would have lit his ass up.
    "I rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6."
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."

This was a horrible idea. the multitude of things that could have gone wrong was incredible. What if there was a another off duty police officer there or a lawfully armed citizen who took this guy out.

Even though it would have been a good shoot. I think HPD would have tried everything in their power to railroad someone that justifiably felt his or her life was in danger. From the looks of it the cop was not fired but everyone that was involve from the hospital was.
    Last edited by Sabotage70; 04-30-2011 at 04:14 PM.
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

RED DRAGONS!!!!

Now this is training...haha

Angry what morons!

I'm sure the hospital has a "no weapons" policy, and has posted "no weapons" signs, and thinks they're safe from things like this happening in real life...

ICU nurse xxxx feared for her life after hearing the two codes on the hospital intercom and being told there was a gunman in ICU.
    The two intercom codes were calling security & announcing that someone with a weapon was in the hospital.
    So gee, maybe the hospital does realize that its policy doesn't stop people with ill intent from entering the building!

Apparently there aren't enough armed citizens in AZ, since the MWAG wasn't shot on the spot.
    If I were on a jury, I wouldn't convict whoever shot him.
    Heck, given the opportunity, I'd convict whoever arranged the 'drill' of murder, or at least manslaughter, since that is a forseeable outcome of their conspiracy.

Wonder if the employees will start to understand that hospital policy & signs do nothing to actually protect them, and start demanding that they be allowed to protect themselves?
    Last edited by MKEgal; 04-30-2011 at 04:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post

Apparently there aren't enough armed citizens in AZ, since the MWAG wasn't shot on the spot.
    You have to remember that she is a Dem. If it was a Ron Paul or other pro-gun Rep. There's a good chance that the shooter wouldn't be in jail waiting for his trial. Or even wouldn't have tried it at all if there was a few OC'ers around.
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

RED DRAGONS!!!!

That same hospital had a man go into the ER the month before I think, hold hostages and ended up dead. The month after THIS reported 'training' a doctor brought a rifle to work, and police and helicopters were dispatched.

3 things same hospital all around same time. And people ask me why I carry to the doc/hospital. They gave me GREAT reasons. thanks st rose =)

I love the author's closing statement:

"This is Nevada, where people with concealed-weapons permits can carry guns.

That cop is lucky he didn't get his head blown off."