• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Training is good.... but not like this.

Sabotage70

Nevada carrier

This was a horrible idea. the multitude of things that could have gone wrong was incredible. What if there was a another off duty police officer there or a lawfully armed citizen who took this guy out.

Sabotage70

Even though it would have been a good shoot. I think HPD would have tried everything in their power to railroad someone that justifiably felt his or her life was in danger. From the looks of it the cop was not fired but everyone that was involve from the hospital was.

Last edited:

MKEgal

what morons!

I'm sure the hospital has a "no weapons" policy, and has posted "no weapons" signs, and thinks they're safe from things like this happening in real life...

ICU nurse xxxx feared for her life after hearing the two codes on the hospital intercom and being told there was a gunman in ICU.
The two intercom codes were calling security & announcing that someone with a weapon was in the hospital.
So gee, maybe the hospital does realize that its policy doesn't stop people with ill intent from entering the building!

Apparently there aren't enough armed citizens in AZ, since the MWAG wasn't shot on the spot.
If I were on a jury, I wouldn't convict whoever shot him.
Heck, given the opportunity, I'd convict whoever arranged the 'drill' of murder, or at least manslaughter, since that is a forseeable outcome of their conspiracy.

Wonder if the employees will start to understand that hospital policy & signs do nothing to actually protect them, and start demanding that they be allowed to protect themselves?

Last edited:

Sabotage70

Apparently there aren't enough armed citizens in AZ, since the MWAG wasn't shot on the spot.

You have to remember that she is a Dem. If it was a Ron Paul or other pro-gun Rep. There's a good chance that the shooter wouldn't be in jail waiting for his trial. Or even wouldn't have tried it at all if there was a few OC'ers around.

Lostlittlerobot

That same hospital had a man go into the ER the month before I think, hold hostages and ended up dead. The month after THIS reported 'training' a doctor brought a rifle to work, and police and helicopters were dispatched.

3 things same hospital all around same time. And people ask me why I carry to the doc/hospital. They gave me GREAT reasons. thanks st rose =)

jfrey123

I love the author's closing statement:

"This is Nevada, where people with concealed-weapons permits can carry guns.

That cop is lucky he didn't get his head blown off."