• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

McMiller in Eagle, WI

protias

I went there today to shoot some rifles and figured there'd be a lot of people as well, so I decided to wear the bright orange WCI shirt to promote WCI as well. A few of the guys there asked me about what the status was about conceal carry. I told them I don't know, but the reps I spoke with said it will be before the fall. One had asked since he is a retired LEO on how that will work for him. I told him about LEOSA and another guy said what was all involved with it since I had no idea, especially since I'm not in law enforcement. The guy behind the counter said he hopes for a permit. I did not talk about constitutional carry, but my father said how most sheriffs probably won't want to doing all the permits. I then chimed in how MN is not making any money from the permits and is actually losing money from it. Anyways, the guy behind the counter said he'd check out WCI.

oak1971

Good job getting the word out. Never shot there before, rode past it on the motorcycle a few dozen times. Is it nice?

MKEgal

There are no carve-outs for special-needs groups in Constitutional Carry.
It covers everyone who's legally allowed to posess firearms.
On-duty LEOs would still have the same priviledges they do now because of their job.
Off-duty LEOs would still have the same priviledges they do now because of the federal law.
All citizens, including LEOs, would have the rights protected by the Constitutions, including the right to carry however best fits our needs.

baldp8

Good job getting the word out. Never shot there before, rode past it on the motorcycle a few dozen times. Is it nice?

I used to go there quite a bit to shoot my rifle and it is (or at least was the last time I was there) a very nice range. The rangemasters are not to be messed with. I've seen them throw guys out for mouthing off and not following instructions which I appreciate. I have not been there for a couple of years since joining a local club with a range.

kawisixer01

I've been there a few times. I always thought it was an ok range. They put in a new 300 yard a few years ago. They used to have a really nice realistic bow range back behind the clubhouse, with multiple realistic scenarios, but they let it go severely down hill. I'd heard last year or the year before there was a huge ******* match with the DNR between two groups that both wanted to run the place. I've also heard that they are under more and more pressure from "hikers" wanting "quiet time" and such.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Some of the federal tax money on guns and ammo that comes back to Wisconsin is supposed to spent on range development. The DNR pi$$#$ it away on bureaucrat pay and wildlife "studies." Another reason why just straight Constitution Carry needs to be adopted, a lack of ranges to shoot at. If live fire is made part of the requirements, the law should require all LEO ranges be open to the public.

protias

It is a decent range. They changed it a little bit since the last time I was there. They used to make you walk this covered area off to the side to get to your target. Now you can walk down range to do it. I do not care for the sandy ground though. I hate getting sand in my shoes. ;)

Drakon

The rangemasters are not to be messed with. I've seen them throw guys out for mouthing off and not following instructions which I appreciate. I have not been there for a couple of years since joining a local club with a range.

I've also seen them nearly throw guys out for no reason at all and harass folks for no good reason. One of my friends was nearly booted after one of the rangemaster's thought he had touched his firearm during a ceasefire. He didn't touch it as I was staring down the line watching my friend before during and after this rangemaster blew a gasket. FYI those fellas that used to run the range were from Wern Valley and were given the boot by the DNR. I went there a couple times since and the management is a 100% improvement over the thugs that knew all and thought they were the hand of god at work itself. I'm not saying all the old management guys were bad as I had many good interactions with many of them. Been going there for nearly 20 years and the range has only improved over time.

P.S. I wore a holstered pistol there once and was asked to either put it away or leave. This was under old management and I haven't asked the new folks their stance yet. If anyone gets down there this spring make sure you ask first. While I believe it to be a right.....it may get you in trouble.

Last edited:

Drakon

The last time I was there a couple of years ago, you couldn't holster, you couldn't draw and fire, you couldn't rapid fire, you couldn't use silhouette targets and it cost me 18 bucks. Phooey! Shoot IDPA instead!

I am pretty sure the silhouette target restriction is because it is a state owned range and it is unlawful to do so. Still cannot rapid fire and probably none of the other above things would be allowed either.