• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another priority bill

smithman

And meanwhile people who don't want to OC and waiting for this legislation are getting robbed and raped every day of delay. Why is this a priority....the liberals shouldn't have a problem with it?

Last edited:

MKEgal

oak1971 said:
The peasants are revolting.
Actually, I think some of the legislators are revolting.
Or at least, their attitudes are.

AB63 is up for a hearing on Wed. the 4th.
Under current law, beer and alcohol sales at stores with licenses to sell for off-premises consumption can't begin until 8 a.m.
The bill before the Assembly's Homeland Security and State Affairs Committee would allow those sales to start at 6 a.m. ...
I don't see why alcohol can't be sold 24/7 like any other product, but I also don't see a problem with planning ahead. If you know you're going to a game (and presumably you planned ahead enough to have tickets, yes?) you know when & what day it is, so buy your supplies ahead of time. Maybe top off the ice in the cooler the morning of.

Sponsored by Rep. Wynn: Rep.wynn@legis.wi.gov (608) 266-9650
Main co-sponsor of the bill is Sen. Grothman: Sen.Grothman@legis.wisconsin.gov
(800) 662-1227

Also on that committee:
Karl Van Roy (chair, R) Rep.VanRoy@legis.wisconsin.gov (888) 534-0090
Mike Kuglitsch (R) Rep.Kuglitsch@legis.wi.gov (888) 534-0084
Joan Ballweg (R) Rep.Ballweg@legis.wisconsin.gov (888) 534-0041
Tyler August (R) Rep.August@legis.wi.gov (608) 266-1190
Dale Kooyenga (R) Rep.Kooyenga@legis.wi.gov (608) 266-9180
Chris Danou (D) Rep.Danou@legis.wisconsin.gov (888) 534-0091
JoCasta Zamarripa (D) Rep.Zamarripa@legis.wi.gov (888) 534-0008
Janet Bewley (D) Rep.Bewley@legis.wi.gov (888) 534-0074

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
oh yeah, they keep saying a Concealed carry bill introduction is nearly at hand, soon very soon.....I am NOT holding my breath........although when it does happen I hope we are all attending the public hearings so they KNOW what we want, I mean 300 of us taking turns on the microphone speaking on constitutional carry....

Last edited: