Thread: What do I need in order to legally open carry in California

What do I need in order to legally open carry in California

ok so i have an exposed firearm permit but it says "must have valid guard registration" I remember signing some paper saying i can only have my firearm on me while on duty and to and from my residence etc... so with that said what permits, or license do i need in order to legally open carry while im in public in the state of california.

Welcome to OCDO.

I strongly suggst you go to the California state forum to ask your question, as it is specific to California state laws and the folks there are the source of knowledge for such things. You will also find a wealth of information about UOC (unloaded open carry) which is apparently a "California thing" and anathema to Free America, as are many of the other bits and piece of regulation you folks have to put up with that the rest of most of us (Sorry, Wisconsin and I;llinois especially, as well as Massachusetts, New Jersey and a few other quirks of legal idiocy here and there like the folks in North Carolina are currently dealing with) are not encumbered by.

The above was not hating on California - it is hating on the way states find to impose and infringe on what should in the best of worlds be an unencumbered right.

stay safe.

haha yeah i know man. no harm one, but thanks ill will ask this in the cali area.

Uh... maintain a 1,000' minimum safety zone from any Orange County LEO?

Ok, that was a joke, so...

Here are the basics.

For more specific questions, Skidmark's advice to ask them on the California section is best.
    Last edited by since9; 05-09-2011 at 07:43 PM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.