• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What do I need in order to legally open carry in California

vincentrc

ok so i have an exposed firearm permit but it says "must have valid guard registration" I remember signing some paper saying i can only have my firearm on me while on duty and to and from my residence etc... so with that said what permits, or license do i need in order to legally open carry while im in public in the state of california.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Welcome to OCDO.

I strongly suggst you go to the California state forum to ask your question, as it is specific to California state laws and the folks there are the source of knowledge for such things. You will also find a wealth of information about UOC (unloaded open carry) which is apparently a "California thing" and anathema to Free America, as are many of the other bits and piece of regulation you folks have to put up with that the rest of most of us (Sorry, Wisconsin and I;llinois especially, as well as Massachusetts, New Jersey and a few other quirks of legal idiocy here and there like the folks in North Carolina are currently dealing with) are not encumbered by.

The above was not hating on California - it is hating on the way states find to impose and infringe on what should in the best of worlds be an unencumbered right.

stay safe.