• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA Article

firedog

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/way...s/2011/04/29/id/394626?s=al&promo_code=C2F5-1

Where were they in Florida on this second amendment stance thing..? “elites and politicians that live with all kinds of security and yet they want to deny the American public the right to protect themselves". Words, words, words - Useless without action..

“And the truth is gun owners and hunters control the swing vote in every one of those states. I don’t think they’re going to let this election be fogged over like the last one". Take note Florida senate!

NRA- LaPierre said Second Amendment freedoms need to be defended every day or be lost. He said the greatest threat was posed by “elites and politicians that live with all kinds of security and yet they want to deny the American public the right to protect themselves".

“We have 25,000 violent crimes a week in this country,” he said. “The 911 calls are horrible and the government is not protecting those people. … The only thing those law abiding people have is the Second Amendment and the right to own a firearm to protect themselves.”

“And the truth is gun owners and hunters control the swing vote in every one of those states. I don’t think they’re going to let this election be fogged over like the last one. My gosh, President Obama leafleted the heartland of the country last time saying he would always defend the Second Amendment.

j4l

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/way...s/2011/04/29/id/394626?s=al&promo_code=C2F5-1

Where were they in Florida on this second amendment stance thing..? “elites and politicians that live with all kinds of security and yet they want to deny the American public the right to protect themselves". Words, words, words - Useless without action..

“And the truth is gun owners and hunters control the swing vote in every one of those states. I don’t think they’re going to let this election be fogged over like the last one". Take note Florida senate!

Well, as we have learned the hard way, it was and is all smoke and sunshine up the backside. Once upon a time, they may have very well been an advocate we could count on. But it appears to me they've now simply drifted into becomming like any other lobbying outfit. Say the right words, placate the sheeple, get their cash donations/memberships, go through the motions...but not really deliver the pressure when needed to get something done.

Once bitten, Twice shy...

No More.

FzSBLACKMAGICK

Campaign Veteran
Why is the NRA calling the bills in Florida "Rounds 25, 28 & 29" ???

And get a load of this...
Senate Bill 234, introduced by Senator Greg Evers (R-2), was heard on the state Senate Floor on Wednesday, April 27 and amended to tighten the open carry protection language. Yesterday, SB 234 came up on the Senate Floor for debate and final passage and PASSED the Senate by a 26 to 11 vote and is now on its way to the Florida House where it must go to the floor of the full House.

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=6700

What the? What a joke.

j4l

Please,for the love of God, post that for the appeasers who are suggesting we continue to support/beg for the assistance of the NRA in our cause.