• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lynchburg OC dinner :) Ledos Pizza, May 17 at 7:00 pm

mrs.jmelvin

Ok it is that time again for us Lynchburgers to get together for a meal. The place that I have chosen for our May OC dinner is Ledo's Pizza just off of Wards Rd. The date for our gathering is May 17, 2011 at 7:00 pm. Here is the address for folks who might not know where Ledo's is:
120 G Simons Run
Lynchburg, VA 24502
(434) 237-9495
www.ledopizza.com
I hope to see lots of folks there for dinner! :):):)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Watch out Melvins!! Anytime Grape inserts himself into one of these dinner threads, there's an even chance he'll trick somebody into volunteering to pay the whole tab. Including, his of course.

Worst of it is, because of the way he dresses, nobody can really enjoy their meal.

:p:)

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Hey I don't care who inserts themself. I've just heard Usama bin Laden has met his maker. :)

Back to your regularly scheduled OC dinner topic.

Mr H

Ok it is that time again for us Lynchburgers to get together for a meal. The place that I have chosen for our May OC dinner is Ledo's Pizza just off of Wards Rd. The date for our gathering is May 17, 2011 at 7:00 pm. Here is the address for folks who might not know where Ledo's is:
120 G Simons Run
Lynchburg, VA 24502
(434) 237-9495
www.ledopizza.com
I hope to see lots of folks there for dinner! :):):)

We won't be there, but I was interested in reading this, for some reason...

Sure enough, I got 2.5 chuckles out of it.

1. Ledo's, a chain started in MD, is OC-friendly.
2. Ledo's being the location, and I got a Papa John's ad on the lead post.
2.5 Husband/wife inter... play... The wife and I love messing with folks that way.

OK... the .5 was just my own foolishness, but the first 2 really tickled me.

;-)

Snazuolu

i MAY be there...cant promise you anything. will you all be waiting outside for everyone or are we supposed to go in and just look for ppl with guns?

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
We hope you can make it out Snazalou. Ledo's isn't all that big, but I'm sure there might be some people hanging out outside before we head in. If I'm there (and I plan to be) look for a medium height, heavy set white guy with a big bald head (and equally big belly) and you'll probably land in the right spot. :)

If Jero and his wife and pals are there look for several bearded guys making a jovial ruckus along with the big bellied bald dude.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
We hope you can make it out Snazalou. Ledo's isn't all that big, but I'm sure there might be some people hanging out outside before we head in. If I'm there (and I plan to be) look for a medium height, heavy set white guy with a big bald head (and equally big belly) and you'll probably land in the right spot. :)

If Jero and his wife and pals are there look for several bearded guys making a jovial ruckus along with the big bellied bald dude.

And the ppl/guns should provide the final confirming clue. :lol:

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
We won't be there, but I was interested in reading this, for some reason...

Sure enough, I got 2.5 chuckles out of it.

1. Ledo's, a chain started in MD, is OC-friendly.
2. Ledo's being the location, and I got a Papa John's ad on the lead post.
2.5 Husband/wife inter... play... The wife and I love messing with folks that way.

OK... the .5 was just my own foolishness, but the first 2 really tickled me.

;-)

Ledo's is one of the first places I saw other OCers when I moved to Lynchburg. I recall sitting for an early dinner with a co-worker while OCing one weekend and noticing 3 other guys all come in OCing as well. It took me a minute to get used to seeing all the other armed patrons. :)

Some of the family that runs the local Ledo's have Maryland tags on their car so I initially wondered if they'd have any issue with my sidearm, but I've never had the least bit of reaction from any of them and they continue to keep a clean, polite place to enjoy lunch or dinner.

Last edited:

mrsjero1987

The Husband and I will definitely be there. I love me some Ledos pizza! :0) (This means you'll see a pink gripped firearm hanging out with the bearded guy).

mrs.jmelvin

I am looking forward to seeing everyone on Tuesday for dinner. By my count there will be jero, mrs.jero, nuc65, jmelvin and myself. I hope that you can make it Snazuolu. Nuc are you going to bring your German friends? I hope to see you all Tuesday! :)

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Thank you to most of the regular crew that showed up. We ended up with 6 of us and we were very well taken care of by our young lady server. Nuc let the manager know that she had done an outstanding job and he was happy to hear we were happy with our experience.

Afterward we gathered out in the parking lot while Nuc and William's dogs played together and chatted for a while. All in all a nice time was had.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
We had 6 at this one, but the attendance varies from about 6 - 10 attendees usually. We've had as many as 15 or so for our first one a year and a half ago.

I don't know when the next one will be, but we schedule them every couple months or so, sometimes we wait less, sometimes longer. We can probably support another one here soon I'd guess. Watch the "sticky" section for the Lynchburg dinners as there's usually a couple weeks notice before they occur.

We'd love to have you if you could make it up for one!