• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Smith 6904 holsters? ANY?

carry for myself

recently traded my Ruger wheel gun for a smith 6904 *same thing as the 6906 but blued steel* but im having issues finding holsters for it. any holsters. i mean i can find the generic bulldog cloth junk but......i want a nice leather paddle, pancake..something with a thumbbreak. but cant really find any holsters made for THIS GUN. right now im using a Galco open top, brown leather for a beretta 92 because it sort of fits. but open top isnt too good for OC, but its all i've got. any ideas?

Irish_Dave

615124c2-239d-c8bf.jpg
This is the Gould & Goodrich 3 slot pancake holster for my S&W 6946. The model is B803 (for black) or 803 (for brown) and you'll need a size 696. I'm guessing it's what you're looking for.

Michigander

If Safariland doesn't make one which is specifically for that model, they do make one or more which will fit, that much is guaranteed. All you need to do if you want level 2 or 3 retention is go to a uniform store and fit test it to some holsters until you find a good match.

carry for myself

my issue is i have a 3rd Gen frame. with the squared trigger guard. im finding tons for the 1st and 2nd gen frames with the rounded guard. but my guard is longer and square.

however :) glock 19-23 holsters love the 3rd gen frame :) so i went with a blackhawk leather one ;-) goooooorgeous

Irish_Dave

my issue is i have a 3rd Gen frame. with the squared trigger guard. im finding tons for the 1st and 2nd gen frames with the rounded guard. but my guard is longer and square.

however :) glock 19-23 holsters love the 3rd gen frame :) so i went with a blackhawk leather one ;-) goooooorgeous

Sorry for the bad advise, I wasn't even thinking about the round/square trigger guard difference. Looks like it all worked out though

Marco

recently traded my Ruger wheel gun for a smith 6904 *same thing as the 6906 but blued steel* but im having issues finding holsters for it. any holsters. i mean i can find the generic bulldog cloth junk but......i want a nice leather paddle, pancake..something with a thumbbreak. but cant really find any holsters made for THIS GUN. right now im using a Galco open top, brown leather for a beretta 92 because it sort of fits. but open top isnt too good for OC, but its all i've got. any ideas?

If you are left handed natchezz shooting sports has Bianchi PDQ's for the SW.