• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is there anyone here that wanted open carry yet doesn't have a concealed license?

mister45

You're in Citrus? I was wearing my belt-pack holster here and Dunnellon all day and noone thought anything of it.

Yes sir... I'm in Citrus, What kind of belt pack holster, it is the style like the fanny bag, except not attach to it's own belt (like the one that slides on the belt with a zipper...?) just wondering.. I have been looking for some different styles to carry my Glock 23 (40 S&W).

Rick H

You're in Citrus? I was wearing my belt-pack holster here and Dunnellon all day and noone thought anything of it.

Well my holster really is not much of a holster. If you have ever watch walker Texas Ranger you would understand. With my shirt pulled over my gun you can still see the complete shape of it, Butt, Barrel, Hammer. The only thing you can not tell is the color or make, Well If you really knew guns you could tell what make/model. and sometime when I wear a real thin shirt even the color.

j4l

No. I held out, hoping OC would pass.
Id long ago allowed myself to slip into a false sense of security-living in a nice, quiet, remote , rural area far from cities and it's crimes-for the 1st time since I was a child.
As such I had sold off most of my arms some time ago. Keeping only a .410 around for use against snakes and such around the house.
This abruptly changed last Sept., when my house came under attack by an armed neighbor, intending to conduct a home-invasion robbery. During this even,my dog was shot and killed when it began barking to alert me to the approach of these folks.

JSO, acting in a typical Mayberry/Keystone Cops routine, totally and completely botched the investigation that followed. They took nearly an hour to respond to our calls. And then waited nearly 24 hours to even attempt to confront our suspected (their terms, we know damned well who did it) assailants. By the time they did so, these assailants had transported most of their arms-including the ones used in the shootings, to another location.SO, when they searched the place, they of course found notta.
Hence, my assailants still reside, free as a jaybird, 4 doors down from me. And remain an armed threat to home/life.
So I re-acquired some arms in order to defend my family/surviving dog/self/home.

I open carry 24/7 at/around the home. Since I work from home, I am mostly here, so this works. When I do have to step out and about town though...well, we do something a little different.

mister45

No. I held out, hoping OC would pass.
Id long ago allowed myself to slip into a false sense of security-living in a nice, quiet, remote , rural area far from cities and it's crimes-for the 1st time since I was a child.
As such I had sold off most of my arms some time ago. Keeping only a .410 around for use against snakes and such around the house.
This abruptly changed last Sept., when my house came under attack by an armed neighbor, intending to conduct a home-invasion robbery. During this even,my dog was shot and killed when it began barking to alert me to the approach of these folks.

JSO, acting in a typical Mayberry/Keystone Cops routine, totally and completely botched the investigation that followed. They took nearly an hour to respond to our calls. And then waited nearly 24 hours to even attempt to confront our suspected (their terms, we know damned well who did it) assailants. By the time they did so, these assailants had transported most of their arms-including the ones used in the shootings, to another location.SO, when they searched the place, they of course found notta.
Hence, my assailants still reside, free as a jaybird, 4 doors down from me. And remain an armed threat to home/life.
So I re-acquired some arms in order to defend my family/surviving dog/self/home.

I open carry 24/7 at/around the home. Since I work from home, I am mostly here, so this works. When I do have to step out and about town though...well, we do something a little different.

That is the way most sheriff departments work and the sad thing is they act like they would rather find a body then someone that was safe, I live in a rather funny neighborhood as we have had issues before with minor stealing and stuff, and with people walking up in your yard and staring into your windows at night... So I have issues with the LEO's here as many of them will not walk a inch to check something out, They act scared and they are allowed to carry open, The really funny thing is, if you call them out, they don't want you carrying open on your own property while they are around, They are denying your your rights to have means of protecting your self or love ones... Yet when you don't or refuse to put the gun up, They leave... But I carry openly at home any time I'm up and mobile, I walk out side, in the house and I never carry without it being Hot, My half brother carries without one in the chamber and he ran into some issues and then he found out how valuable it is to be prepared..

Willm3053

My half brother carries without one in the chamber and he ran into some issues and then he found out how valuable it is to be prepared..

He should move to California, where they have empty mags while OCing. That is crazy!! I have one in the chamber ready to rock at all times.

~*'Phoenix'*~

Yes sir... I'm in Citrus, What kind of belt pack holster, it is the style like the fanny bag, except not attach to it's own belt (like the one that slides on the belt with a zipper...?) just wondering.. I have been looking for some different styles to carry my Glock 23 (40 S&W).

It's 5x7x2, strapped to my belt at 4'oclock, full rectangular "messenger pack" with 8 nice little .380 messages in it. The cover is just a flat flap with sides, so there's no way to see anything inside, from any angle. Stays shut with one big snap on the bottom. Holstering strap inside keeps the gun in place so it doesn't move around inside and it's as easy or easier to draw from than any other concealing method I've ever tried, and easier than a full flapped/buckled "luger holster." No falling out, bouncing, riding, flashing, no matter what. Wore it everywhere over the weekend, including empty to campus, and no one anywhere ever even mentioned it or seems to notice it, including security guards.

mister45

He should move to California, where they have empty mags while OCing. That is crazy!! I have one in the chamber ready to rock at all times.

I told him about me carrying the Glock with one in chamber and he went Oh My gosh, Are you crazy, Man those things don't have a safety... lol

mister45

It's 5x7x2, strapped to my belt at 4'oclock, full rectangular "messenger pack" with 8 nice little .380 messages in it. The cover is just a flat flap with sides, so there's no way to see anything inside, from any angle. Stays shut with one big snap on the bottom. Holstering strap inside keeps the gun in place so it doesn't move around inside and it's as easy or easier to draw from than any other concealing method I've ever tried, and easier than a full flapped/buckled "luger holster." No falling out, bouncing, riding, flashing, no matter what. Wore it everywhere over the weekend, including empty to campus, and no one anywhere ever even mentioned it or seems to notice it, including security guards.

I would like to have some form of second style of holster to carry a gun with, I can drop back to my Makarov (9x18) as it is small, But I don't want to mess with it's safety, as those are a true pain... So my main carry is my glock, kinda hard to find something that will fit the bill in carry and concealment with out hiding in my waist band..

~*'Phoenix'*~

I would like to have some form of second style of holster to carry a gun with, I can drop back to my Makarov (9x18) as it is small, But I don't want to mess with it's safety, as those are a true pain... So my main carry is my glock, kinda hard to find something that will fit the bill in carry and concealment with out hiding in my waist band..
understood. I like my m1934, .380's easier for me to find than 9x18 and about the same size gun as the makarov I saw.
I think I'll be carrying for real in this rig as it lets me tuck my shirt in and carry outside the pants where a gun's supposed to be, and make one for the 92fs too.

mister45

understood. I like my m1934, .380's easier for me to find than 9x18 and about the same size gun as the makarov I saw.
I think I'll be carrying for real in this rig as it lets me tuck my shirt in and carry outside the pants where a gun's supposed to be, and make one for the 92fs too.

My Nephew has a 92fs, But he will not carry, he said to many crazies are already carrying and I said It makes it all the better to carry when others are carrying that you know should not be... His Holster for carrying is stiff leather and cuts into him and it has metal on the back which is bare and sharp and I would rather use a gun glove style then his as his is very irritating to the wearer..

~*'Phoenix'*~

My Nephew has a 92fs, But he will not carry, he said to many crazies are already carrying and I said It makes it all the better to carry when others are carrying that you know should not be... His Holster for carrying is stiff leather and cuts into him and it has metal on the back which is bare and sharp and I would rather use a gun glove style then his as his is very irritating to the wearer..

If he doesn't mind going ghetto, I recommend the blackhawk (#5 I think?) from BassPro, it's like $12 and pretty comfortable for it, but rides high (I cut a hole in the bottom of mine for the barrel to go an inch deeper through it). It's pretty comfortable, I wear it canted at 3 or 4 o clock and doesn't print at all with any overshirt.

mister45

If he doesn't mind going ghetto, I recommend the blackhawk (#5 I think?) from BassPro, it's like $12 and pretty comfortable for it, but rides high (I cut a hole in the bottom of mine for the barrel to go an inch deeper through it). It's pretty comfortable, I wear it canted at 3 or 4 o clock and doesn't print at all with any overshirt.

I will pass that info on to him as I believe with a comfortable holster, he would carry more.. Thanks...

mister45

I'm the opposite. I tell everyone I know they should carry everywhere regardless of the law. The law isn't going to save them. I'm very open about this opinion. However, because I am so open, I don't carry in those places because I make myself a target. Know what I mean? Go to a bar with coworkers, coworker who hates guns calls you out because he knows you carry all the time. Gotta avoid that. But hopefully, a person who is quiet about their love for the constitution can get away with carrying everywhere else.

I agree with you... Most of the people that I personally know, know that I carry when I'm out, I don't go to the bar, so I don't have to worry about that, But any and every where else I go, I pack my Glock... don't go where it is illegal, But it sure as heck stays near me and in the car...