• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bin Laden is dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP from sig. line: "If a government uses the instruments of power in its hands for the purpose of leading a people to ruin, then rebellion is not only the right but also the duty of every individual citizen" -Adolph Hitler Mein Kampf

Just noticed this in your signature line. Good reminder that not all leaders are actually trying to free the people.

MikeTheGreek

Won't change anything. Won't stop the war. Won't bring out troops home.

Sad, but true. The war isn't about terrorism anymore, it's about oil.

As long as there's oil, there's war.

The US is sending troops to die for nothing, and sending the country to hell. The debt, the oil prices, it's retarded.

If they brought the troops home, the oil price would drop, and the economy would skyrocket.

But...I doubt that will happen anytime soon.

stainless1911

Banned
I dont expect the troops to come home, doing so right now, in light of this event, would be irresponsible.

Why do you say that it would lower the price of gas? IMO we should become independant of foreign oil, maybe sell some of ours to other countries at a lower rate, and take over the market, but that's a different story.

impulse

We have known exactly where Bin Laden has been for years.....

The question is what really happened. 3 scenarios come to mind.

1. His kidneys finally failed. So we put a bullet in his head and said "Hey we got him"

2. Obama was worried about re-election, so he pulled the ace out of his sleeve.

3. Something has been brewing. With FEMA ordering 1 billion dollars in food. They thought hey what a good time to kill Osama, get public support on our side. Tell the public the terror threat will be through the roof, so we need to up security. This will give them the leverage to pass Patriot Act Version 2.

To think we finally found him, and killed him. Is utter BS

Beretta92FSLady

Well, certainly the totality of the circumstances give pause to those who would use critical thinking.

Yea, since the options proposed are clearly the product of 'critical thinking' *rolls eyes*. I can't help but laugh at all of this 'critical thinking' that seems to have swept some of the responders of this thread into a frenzy, with all of the implications of political posturing, Patriot Act 2(?), Bin Laden actually dying of kidney failure, then the U.S. taking credit for it by strategically placing a bullet in the head of Bin Laden's corpse, and/or President Obama's last ditch effort of pulling an 'ace' from his sleeve to alter the Presidential election that are more than a year and a half away.

I should mention that for all of the people who hoot-and-holler about the incompetencies, and inefficiencies of the Federal Government, there are far to many of you detractors that are quick to declare that the Federal Government is engaged in such elaborate conspiracies - and mind you - doing a pretty damn good job at convincing the vast majority of the American population that the purported 'conspiracy' does not exist.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Yea, since the options proposed are clearly the product of 'critical thinking' *rolls eyes*. I can't help but laugh at all of this 'critical thinking' that seems to have swept some of the responders of this thread into a frenzy, with all of the implications of political posturing, Patriot Act 2(?), Bin Laden actually dying of kidney failure, then the U.S. taking credit for it by strategically placing a bullet in the head of Bin Laden's corpse, and/or President Obama's last ditch effort of pulling an 'ace' from his sleeve to alter the Presidential election that are more than a year and a half away.

OK. I happen to agree that some of the suggestions seem a bit unlikely.

But, do you think you'll change their mind by getting excited about a dead OBL yourself, while not considering the bigger picture (totality of circumstances) like government being a pathological liar, a very bad economy, 2 1/2 wars, etc? Or, do you think you might get further by dropping a hint about critical thinking?

Beretta92FSLady

But, do you think you'll change their mind by getting excited about a dead OBL yourself, while not considering the bigger picture (totality of circumstances) like government being a pathological liar, a very bad economy, 2 1/2 wars, etc? Or, do you think you might get further by dropping a hint about critical thinking?

If you have to drop a hint about 'critical thinking' to a bunch of adults, the discussion has already been critically compromised by either, 1) idiotic, or 2) paranoid 'thinking' (I will allow you to pick which of the two).

A dead Bin Laden is the ideal Bin Laden.

Government is a pathological liar? Considering the 'totality' of the circumstances, as you have suggested, then you must have also taken into account that the issues America is facing are extremely complex? Take for instance the economy; there are enough differing opinions by economists, big businesses, right down to joe-shmoe who owns a small business about what we (America) is supposed to do about the 'bad economy'. Have you considered that the outsourcing of jobs to the extent jobs have been outsourced has played a significant role in jobs not being available here in America? Have you considered that businesses who are given tax breaks in America are outsourcing jobs from Americans to the Chinese, who have hundreds of millions of people who are willing to work for a dollar an hour, twelve hours a day, no healthcare, and are fired after their bodies fall apart under such horrendous conditions, only to be replaced by another China-person eager to work for a buck an hour?

Seriously, both sides could go on about this. The economic issue is a global issue, not an American issue, and to act as if Obama can do much about the economy, and oil prices is to over-simplify the issues.

Have you ever heard of the concept of "supply and demand?" So what happens when there are States which are growing in their economy? Well, there is a greater need for things, such as oil. So, what happens when States like India, and China grow economically they require more oil, which then causes the price of oil to go up. Why? For one thing we have wall street speculators who speculate for a number of different reason where the price of oil is going to go. Mind you, some of the speculation in and of itself causes the oil prices to rise, but also, the speculators are seeing that the price of oil is going to rise because the demand for oil is going to rise with States such as India, and China demanding more and more oil for their economic growth. Throw in China's currency manipulation, and all the other issues that come into play, such as, instability in the Middle-East, you see the complexity of the issues here? Do you see how political punchlines, and ten second soundbites could oversimplify what is inherently a complex global issue, that if not handled appropriately, and collectively, will result in some pretty crappy things coming our (Americas) way?

Hell, we have an infrastructure that is crumbling, and what do we do, we have massive tax cuts, that are the lowest in decades - it's those types of things that make absolutely no sense to me. China is gaining on us economically, and they will win at the end of the day. Why? First, they are a Communist State, and are capable of turning on a dime with regard to State policies, and their relationship to the global economy. Second, there is a middle class in China the size of the population of America, which means as time moves forward we are going to watch China become a nation of even greater consumption of 'goods'. Third, the Chinese will work for nearly nothing - worker standards that are non-existent.

I could go on about this, but at the heart of all this is that people are under the illusion that a 'smaller government' is going to solve all of our problems. Get real people. America is competing with States that have a much bigger role in the lives of their people. There are no absolutes such as 'freedom', and a government so small it can stand on the head of a pin, and we still function as a State. Our individual failures to realize the world that we must compete with, that are ill-prepared children must compete with is going to be the downfall of America. And we (Americans) are going to be bogged down in political BS, misinformation, and some individualistic, self-diluted sense that our neighbor, and/or ourselves struggling everyday to live paycheck to paycheck has nothing to do with the consumerist society that we have become, and the distrustful people that we have become about our Government, and our neighbor. We are our enemy - mark my words, that enemy is going to take us down quicker than we think.

Good luck people.

Last edited:

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Hang on to your hats and watch your backs. I expect a reprisal.

I am very happy this evil evil person is no longer among the breathing but I also expect an increase in attempts to as much harm as they can, be aware of your surroundings as there are home ground terrorist here already.

eye95

I dont expect the troops to come home, doing so right now, in light of this event, would be irresponsible.

Why do you say that it would lower the price of gas? IMO we should become independant of foreign oil, maybe sell some of ours to other countries at a lower rate, and take over the market, but that's a different story.

Because he buys into the myth that the price of oil depends on our presence in the middle east. Of course, this is easy to debunk. During the course of the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, the price of oil has ranged from very low to very high. The main reason for today's high prices is the unrest in the middle east (nothing to do with us) combined with our moronic unwillingness to tap our own resources.

rushcreek2

Obama DESERVES CREDIT for being more proactive, and aggressive in attacking the enemy in Pakistan - and he deserves credit for whatever his part was in bringing about the demise of this rabid dog.

He will get a deserved boost in his poll numbers from this accomplishment.

I still think he was born in Kenya - even if he opened his eyes in Honolulu, and I will vote for "anybody else" in 2012.

We should ALL be aware that their is still a pack of rabid dogs loose in the world - AND INSIDE THE U.S.

I'm sure hightened security measures are in effect at the White House, and Highland Park in Dallas.

I will resume carrying a couple of extra mags - because some form of DIRECT or GENERAL reprisal is likely - somewhere.

XDFDE45

Because he buys into the myth that the price of oil depends on our presence in the middle east. Of course, this is easy to debunk. During the course of the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, the price of oil has ranged from very low to very high. The main reason for today's high prices is the unrest in the middle east (nothing to do with us) combined with our moronic unwillingness to tap our own resources.
+1.gif

DCKilla

From what I've read in news reports. The mission went well except for one of the helicopters couldn't take back off and had to be distroyed. I will have to give the president props for opting for the direct assualt verses a bombing, smart move IMO.

At this time, I'll like to give a big shout out to the SEAL team who took this murderer down and GO NAVY.

stainless1911

Banned
Obama DESERVES CREDIT for being more proactive, and aggressive in attacking the enemy in Pakistan - and he deserves credit for whatever his part was in bringing about the demise of this rabid dog.

He will get a deserved boost in his poll numbers from this accomplishment.

He doesnt deserve it, or not. Any president would have gave the order, its not like he, or any other president would have said, no, don't shoot him.

What we need to do, is make our own gas. I saw a chart on the news the other day listing gas prices and saw that Venezuela sells gas for .08 cents a gallon, Saudi Arabia for .61 cents, and we pay $4.25. Its our own damn fault that we pay more than a dollar or two a gallon.

eye95

Obama DESERVES CREDIT for being more proactive, and aggressive in attacking the enemy in Pakistan - and he deserves credit for whatever his part was in bringing about the demise of this rabid dog...

Nothing was done differently by this administration that wouldn't have been done exactly the same way with regard to collecting and acting on intel gathered about bin Laden's whereabouts by the previous administration. The sole difference was one of opportunity. Only a fraud takes credit for the whim of opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.