• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Filibuster the 2011 gun bills dead? THIS WEDNESDAY!

Iopencarry

AB 809 Long Gun Registration
-and-
AB 144 the ban on open carry

Will be heard Wednesday, however there are 189 bills to be heard in Appropriations ftp://leginfo.public.ca.gov/pub/dail...ar_Session.pdf

This is an idea from a friend.

Testify on every bill. One person testifying for two minutes (189 bills) takes 6.3 hours and that doesn't include the time it takes to move on to the next bill. Two of us testifying doubles the time burned.

Committee will break for lunch. I will discuss later but if you want a way to delay as long as they do not pull a special session on this it could sink many bills in the paths. This would be a citizen revolt if it could be pulled off in 2 days. You can even testify on what the presentation if you have no time to read the bills some in between.

We need as many people there as we can get. Please NOW is the time to step up and be counted.

quailman

Filibuster the 2011 gun bills?

I tried to open the link you have posted but it said there was no file. So are you saying that the public can attend these hearings and speak on the floor about any of the bills?

Iopencarry

Sorry about the bad link, will look into it.
This is the Appropriations Committee, YES we can speak to them. This is not the main Assembly floor. We are trying to stop it now before it gets to the floor.
If you can make it please do.

puppy8agun

It will likely not kill the bills, however, it will show the support and force that this is not ok and will allow for exposure of the nonsense constantly played. The capitol is preparing for this since it went viral.

Good enough they think they will get to that many bills. About half will go into suspense. They may wave testimony to save time