Thread: Passing by your state

Passing by your state

I will be driving from Kalifornia to Seattle to visit family members. recommendations regarding openly carrying? Open carrying in the vehicle? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by CA_fr_KS View Post
    I will be driving from Kalifornia to Seattle to visit family members. recommendations regarding openly carrying? Open carrying in the vehicle? Thanks.
    If you stick to the I-5 you are only going to pass through a few cities that have a ban on loaded open carry to non permit holders. Salem, some Portland areas. Otherwise, I would read the handheld tri-fold .PDF in this area of the forum.

Myself, I was always a bit nervous about transporting in my vehicle without a permit. However lawfully keep 'er in the open and its legal. Our vehicles are considered "public areas" here in Oregon, which is certainly a dirty thing.

Keep those don't talk to police to the police videos in mind though. Be educated, and be smart.

Quote Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
    If you stick to the I-5 you are only going to pass through a few cities that have a ban on loaded open carry to non permit holders. Salem, some Portland areas. Otherwise, I would read the handheld tri-fold .PDF in this area of the forum.

Myself, I was always a bit nervous about transporting in my vehicle without a permit. However lawfully keep 'er in the open and its legal. Our vehicles are considered "public areas" here in Oregon, which is certainly a dirty thing.

Keep those don't talk to police to the police videos in mind though. Be educated, and be smart.
    Thanks

Once you hit the Washington border, not having a Permit recognized by Washington, you'll need to keep your handgun unloaded while in the vehicle. You can have the magazine loaded, but not inserted. Just pop it out as you get in the vehicle and you'll be fine. (None in the chamber, either.)
    "though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Psalms 23:4

"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Benjamin Franklin

“It’s always open season on criminals in Mason County, and there’s no bag limit.” Sen. Tim Sheldon (D)

Molōn labe!

The Washington License (CPL) is easy to get. I suggest a trip to Silverdale to the Kitsap County Sheriff's Department. If you have a concealed license from another state some folks have been known to leave the same day with a Washington CPL. Otherwise you will have to wait 60 - 90 days.

Check out the Washington FAQ (full version) to get info on where you can't carry:
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...out-Open-Carry

Washington Gun Rights Pamphlet
    http://www.washingtongunrights.com/ocdo/wgr.pdf
    Last edited by Bill Starks; 05-12-2011 at 03:39 AM.