• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Passing by your state

KS_to_CA

I will be driving from Kalifornia to Seattle to visit family members. recommendations regarding openly carrying? Open carrying in the vehicle? Thanks.

VW_Factor

I will be driving from Kalifornia to Seattle to visit family members. recommendations regarding openly carrying? Open carrying in the vehicle? Thanks.

If you stick to the I-5 you are only going to pass through a few cities that have a ban on loaded open carry to non permit holders. Salem, some Portland areas. Otherwise, I would read the handheld tri-fold .PDF in this area of the forum.

Myself, I was always a bit nervous about transporting in my vehicle without a permit. However lawfully keep 'er in the open and its legal. Our vehicles are considered "public areas" here in Oregon, which is certainly a dirty thing.

Keep those don't talk to police to the police videos in mind though. Be educated, and be smart. :)

KS_to_CA

If you stick to the I-5 you are only going to pass through a few cities that have a ban on loaded open carry to non permit holders. Salem, some Portland areas. Otherwise, I would read the handheld tri-fold .PDF in this area of the forum.

Myself, I was always a bit nervous about transporting in my vehicle without a permit. However lawfully keep 'er in the open and its legal. Our vehicles are considered "public areas" here in Oregon, which is certainly a dirty thing.

Keep those don't talk to police to the police videos in mind though. Be educated, and be smart. :)

Thanks

xxx.jakk.xxx

Once you hit the Washington border, not having a Permit recognized by Washington, you'll need to keep your handgun unloaded while in the vehicle. You can have the magazine loaded, but not inserted. Just pop it out as you get in the vehicle and you'll be fine. (None in the chamber, either.)

Bill Starks

State Researcher
The Washington License (CPL) is easy to get. I suggest a trip to Silverdale to the Kitsap County Sheriff's Department. If you have a concealed license from another state some folks have been known to leave the same day with a Washington CPL. Otherwise you will have to wait 60 - 90 days.

Check out the Washington FAQ (full version) to get info on where you can't carry:
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...e-Frequently-Asked-Questions-About-Open-Carry

Washington Gun Rights Pamphlet
http://www.washingtongunrights.com/ocdo/wgr.pdf

Last edited: