Thread: Going to visit in your state

Going to visit in your state

I will be driving from Kalifornia to Seattle to visit family members. Recommendations regarding openly carrying? Open carrying in the vehicle? Thanks.

You may open carry unloaded in the vehicle, or loaded with a CPL. RCW 9.41 Is the WA code on firearms and dangerous weapons. Easy read. Not cluttered at all.

You may open carry loaded everywhere as long as you are not in a vehicle, except those places listed in 9.41 Local goverments cannot go beyond state law. (you know, court rooms, jails, that kind of stuff. You can carry in parks etc.)

There is only one funny restriction...rock concerts, the rest make pretty good sense for these days.

well,,,

cant carry in a bar posted as no one under 21, but you can carry and drink with your dinner in a restaurant!

when you get here, go to any county sheriff with 60 bucks and apply for
    a washington state concealed pistol license,,, ID and finger prints is all required.
    if you apply in silverdale in kitsap county, you will probably have it in your hand
    when you walk out, otherwise it will be sent to you in up to 60 days.
    be one of the only ones in california with a CPL, and it enjoys reciprocity
    with 18 states!

be sure to tell us your plans before hand so someone can have a get together
    with you while youre here.
    Last edited by 1245A Defender; 05-02-2011 at 04:27 AM.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    ......There is only one funny restriction...rock concerts.........
    The law is does not restrict carry at "rock concerts". It is much more narrow then that.
    It says "Outdoor music festivals"

RCW 70.108.150
    It shall be unlawful for any person, except law enforcement officers, to carry, transport or convey, or to have in his possession or under his control any firearm while on the site of an outdoor music festival......

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=70.108.150

RCW 70.108.020
    "Outdoor music festival" or "music festival" or "festival" means an assembly of persons gathered primarily for outdoor, live or recorded musical entertainment, where the predicted attendance is two thousand persons or more and where the duration of the program is five hours or longer: PROVIDED, That this definition shall not be applied to any regularly established permanent place of worship, stadium, athletic field, arena, auditorium, coliseum, or other similar permanently established places of assembly for assemblies which do not exceed by more than two hundred fifty people the maximum seating capacity of the structure where the assembly is held: PROVIDED, FURTHER, That this definition shall not apply to government sponsored fairs held on regularly established fairgrounds nor to assemblies required to be licensed under other laws or regulations of the state.
    (Caps in source)

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=70.108.020
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

Quote Originally Posted by CA_fr_KS View Post
    I will be driving from Kalifornia to Seattle to visit family members. Recommendations regarding openly carrying? Open carrying in the vehicle? Thanks.
    In addition to the other replies, please note that "unloaded" in WA means totally empty - - for revolvers, no ammunition in any chamber in the cylinder; for semi-autos, no ammunition in the chamber AND no ammunition in the magazine if the magazine is inserted in the gun. See RCW 9.41.010(10). Contrast Utah, where a semi-auto is considered "unloaded" even with a loaded magazine inserted so long as the chamber is empty. See Utah Code 76-10-502. Also, carry of loaded rifles in vehicles is prohibited in the Fish and Wildlife laws, RCW 77.15.460. Finally, don't listen if anyone in here tells you to duct tape your pistol to your forehead. Sorry, semi-private joke. :-)
    IAALBIAAFTDPASNIPHCBCALA
    Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out. (John Corapi, The Black Sheep Dog)
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Groucho Marx)

You are correct ETF, my bad memory...

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    You are correct ETF, my bad memory...
    Be so much easier with "constitutional carry".
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

I will refer you to the FAQ that is stickied on this forum. It answers many of the questions asked. If you don't get the answer you are looking for then by all means ask in the forum.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...out-Open-Carry

Much appreciated. you guys rock! I might have to shoot for that CPL.

Date?

When you getting up here? Maybe some of us can get together for coffee and or shooting. I just retired from the Army so I have some time to kill before I start working again.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com