• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carried at Laughlin river run and asked to show my ID.

28kfps

Open carried at Laughlin river run and took a test ride. No problem the 45 or so minutes while waiting for my turn and test ride. Decided to check out some of the vendors for another 45 or so minutes when two security guys came up from behind and asked to see my ID. I turned with a very large grin on my face and very politely said I am fairly sure I am not obligated to show you my ID. My reply goofed up his entire train of thought. He started out with trying to say something like if you are carrying you need, then stopped with that statement kind of morphed into saying it is illegal stopped short with that statement. I could hardly wait to verbally slam the carp out of him depending on which statement he decided to go with. I believe he could tell because I never lost the very large smile on my face. He finally got his thoughts together and said this it private property and we do not allow firearms. I said ok, I am not showing you my ID however if you are asking me to leave I am willing to do that. They said that would work and pointed to the exit. I slowly walked out ended up having to walk back on to their property to get mine. My motorcycle was in their parking lot. As I was getting my gear on sure enough another security guard drove slowly by. I was going to try some of the other vendors on the other properties however my knee was bothering me and I decided to make a few trips up and down the main street and over to the AZ side for a bite to eat and the 40 cents a a gallon cheaper gas. If it works out, I will be there again next year hopefully have a chance to check out more vendors. On a side note, I also open carried open in the Galleria Mall this weekend over an hour in the Kohl’s no problem.

Attachments

• Laughlin Vision test ride 2011-04-30.jpg
    Laughlin Vision test ride 2011-04-30.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 242

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
"He finally got his thoughts together and said this it private property and we do not allow firearms."

To which the appropriate response is the one you took, except that I would also get their names and the name of the top in-charge person. If the rent-a-cop is right, the boss should know he's doing a good job. If the rent-a-cop is wrong, his boss should know who is running off patrons and why.

28kfps

"He finally got his thoughts together and said this it private property and we do not allow firearms."

To which the appropriate response is the one you took, except that I would also get their names and the name of the top in-charge person. If the rent-a-cop is right, the boss should know he's doing a good job. If the rent-a-cop is wrong, his boss should know who is running off patrons and why.

I agree with getting their names and finding out if they really work for the property or rentals. Later I was thinking dam I did not ask for their name, who they worked for, or to speak to a supervisor. I always have these caned responses and reactions in my head thinking if they say this I am going to ask that. I guess I am not out enough or polished enough to automatic come up with the lines I want to go with.