• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ot- osama bin laden killed

END_THE_FED

My thoughts and opinions are that this is not local to Washington, has absolutely nothing to do with open carry and belongs in the social lounge. There are already at least two threads about this in the social lounge. Your thoughts/questions should be raised in one of those threads.

Deleted_User

And he is pronounced "dead" on the same day Hitler was. Let's not forget that one...

There are posts in the social lounge as well as other threads on the WA forum as well. But, eh....

jbone

Islamic extremists are the reason I OC

My thoughts and opinions are that this is not local to Washington, has absolutely nothing to do with open carry and belongs in the social lounge. There are already at least two threads about this in the social lounge. Your thoughts/questions should be raised in one of those threads.

But it has everything to do with Washington OC! It is because of Madman like him that I must arm myself each and every day in protecting my family and self.
I just wanted to be the when who came up with the stretched lame association just this once! :lol:

Dave_pro2a

Doesn't matter. He won as proved by incidences like http://consumerist.com/2011/04/former-miss-usa-says-she-was-molested-by-tsa-employee.html

And did killing Pablo Escobar end the WoD? Of course not. New leaders and other Cartels stepped right in to fill the void, and grow their illicit industry to an even larger scale (i.e. Narco subs).

The WoD is designed to be unwinnable -- profitable for both sides and a tool to erode civil rights, but unwinnable.

Same with the WoT, it's designed to be unwinnable... designed to reduce our freedom... designed to make a lot of money for some companies/people.

Sure, theoretically I'm glad he's dead, but I'm not stupid enough to think it will change anything for the better in regards to the WoT -- our risk of terror attacks are the same (probably higher now), and our risk of being screwed by our own government over this 'War" on "Terror" is just as high.

"YAY! He's dead. Oh wait, we're still screwed."

Last edited:

HeesBonafide

May be off-topic too....

I was wondering, "was the bullet(s) that finished him off FMJ or Hollow point?"

Last edited:

Dave_pro2a

I was wondering, "was the bullet(s) that finished him off FMJ or Hollow point?"

AFAIK the military can't use hollow points. I think there was some Convention about that, but I could be wrong ;)

The big question is, "did they shoot him 250,000 times."

US forces have fired so many bullets in Iraq and Afghanistan - an estimated 250,000 for every insurgent killed
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...use-250000-for-every-rebel-killed-508299.html

1911er

I heard today on KOMO that "we shouldn't rejoice in someone else's pain" I can guarantee that if they shot him in the head the only thing he felt was A large looming fear and A growing pile in his pants. There was no pain involved.

amzbrady

Seems odd to me that he would be buried at sea so soon. The US is able to immediatly extract his body and dump it at sea? I think they are trying to flush him out, someone will make a mistake defending him still being alive and slip up. What torks me is watching Bin Ladins little brother on tv, I cant believe Obama had the balls to say that the most important thing to him is Keeping America safe and our borders secure???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Sparky508

Last edited:

Metalhead47

Doesn't matter. He won as proved by incidences like http://consumerist.com/2011/04/former-miss-usa-says-she-was-molested-by-tsa-employee.html

And did killing Pablo Escobar end the WoD? Of course not. New leaders and other Cartels stepped right in to fill the void, and grow their illicit industry to an even larger scale (i.e. Narco subs).

The WoD is designed to be unwinnable -- profitable for both sides and a tool to erode civil rights, but unwinnable.

Same with the WoT, it's designed to be unwinnable... designed to reduce our freedom... designed to make a lot of money for some companies/people.

Sure, theoretically I'm glad he's dead, but I'm not stupid enough to think it will change anything for the better in regards to the WoT -- our risk of terror attacks are the same (probably higher now), and our risk of being screwed by our own government over this 'War" on "Terror" is just as high.

"YAY! He's dead. Oh wait, we're still screwed."

Riiiight.

SO if we just leave the middle east & do everything the terrorists want they'll just leave us alone & stop blowing people up, right?

Y'know, since such a policy worked out so well with Hitler it must be worth another shot.

Perhaps the war on terror IS unwinnable. But it is also, most certainly, LOOSABLE. I'll take never winning over loosing, myself.

Last edited:

jarhead1911A

Ya i personally am waiting to see the other shoe drop on this issue. I think its so interesting that this war was started when Bush tanked the economy so he started a war.... Now Obama is getting ready to run for the presidency yet again in 2012 and they all of sudden get the #1 terrorist after what 9 years?

Ya i think its all a bunch of bull but thats just my opinion......

P.S. just to make it OC related im sure the person who shot him was OCing something.......

slowfiveoh

...P.S. just to make it OC related im sure the person who shot him was OCing something.......

Negative.

It is strategically superior to conceal carry as to "surprise" the enemy with your ninja firearm skills. Therefore, Seal Team 6 was undoubtedly concealed carrying...

:p

OrangeIsTrouble

Hmmm...killed, identified, and almost immediately buried at sea....fishy.

Edited to add.......very, very, VERY fishy.

Last edited:

Metalhead47

Hmmm...killed, identified, and almost immediately buried at sea....fishy.

Edited to add.......very, very, VERY fishy.

Seems perfectly logical to me. Islamic tradition requires burial within 24 hours, and we know sensitive Fearless Leader is to other cultures...

Then there's the fact no other country wanted the corpse for land burial, at least not within that window, and then you'd have the prospect of such a grave either being desecrated or becoming a shrine for other radicals.

And there's always the possibility of the damned & tormented soul rising from the dead to terrorize the living, so strong was his anger. At least it'll take a few months to walk back to land from the bottom of the sea :p

Metalhead47

Ya i personally am waiting to see the other shoe drop on this issue. I think its so interesting that this war was started when Bush tanked the economy so he started a war.... Now Obama is getting ready to run for the presidency yet again in 2012 and they all of sudden get the #1 terrorist after what 9 years?

Ya i think its all a bunch of bull but thats just my opinion......

P.S. just to make it OC related im sure the person who shot him was OCing something.......

Tell me, then, exactly what did Bush do that tanked the economy in the 7 or 8 months between his taking office and the start of the Afghan war?