• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kentucky laws.. heading to RedRock

Jblack44

Hello all...Looking for a little advise. I'm heading on my first rock climbing adventure to Red Rock in a couple weeks!!! I am CPL (concealed Pistol License) holder in Michigan. I want to bring my pistol along for obvious reasons. I both open carry and conceal here and Michigan. Just curious if there are any rules I need to be aware of for the great state of Kentucky! My trip will only inlcude the climbing and staying at the hotel and eating out.

langzaiguy

At the most basic level with your travel plans:

-KY recognizes all other states' carry permits
-Open carry is legal for all 18+, non-felons
-Don't carry loaded in a bar