Thread: Kansas City May Open Carry gathering

Kansas City May Open Carry gathering

So, i guess i will get things going. I dont know if were not having a gathering this month cause May is here already and no one has said anything. So if we are, we need to find a city and a place to meet within this city.

Any suggestions?

I have been busy with finals these last few weeks but I have been looking forward to the May meeting. I'll be there. We just need a place.
    The God of War hates those who hesitate. - Euripides

Yep, I've been busy with finals and summer enrollment as well. I'm down for a may meet. What did we have in mind?
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

How the city of Liberty. someone that goes to Liberty a lot can suggest a place to meet.

Quote Originally Posted by mobodyguard View Post
    How the city of Liberty. someone that goes to Liberty a lot can suggest a place to meet.
    Well, I'm up by there. First things first, Clay County has no weapons ordinances at all, and Liberty is silent as to open carrying. So, it's all good.

Used to be that there were a bunch of historic restaurants up by the county courthouse, like the Hardware Cafe. I think all of them are closed now.

It pretty much has all of the chains you'd expect out by 152 and I-435, Steak and Shake, Panera, Pizza Shoppe, McDonalds, 54th Street, Corner Cafe, Red Robin.

I don't know that anyone has anything posted, but I can certainly scout, once we limit the list.

To get something a little special, you need to go on 281 S of 152 to The Dish Pizza. That's really good pizza (although I'm quite partial to Pizza Shoppe also...)

This is also the county seat for Clay county, so there might be some photo ops also.

Independence, and Kansas City, Missouri, USA
    I love milk shakes so steak and shake sounds good to me

I could go for some steak n shake. In liberty?
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

Liberty steak and shake sounds good.

well i might be able to make this meet. If you guys could list the address it be cool, since i only will find my way by my handy GPS LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by goalseter88 View Post
    well i might be able to make this meet. If you guys could list the address it be cool, since i only will find my way by my handy GPS LOL.
    http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=steak+and+shake+liberty+mo

Sounds like we have consensus on where. How about when?

Quote Originally Posted by kcgunfan View Post
    Sounds like we have consensus on where. How about when?
    May 14, 4 pm?

Independence, and Kansas City, Missouri, USA
    Couldn't make it Saturday as my son has a football game that evening. Sundays work better for me but I could prob make it Saturday morning/ early afternoon as well.

Yeah the usual time is second Saturdays at 4PM, but if there is a better time or day to ensure maximum turnout I don't mind changing it up a bit. Whatever works best for the greatest number of people.
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

The second Sat of the month is never good for me as I have Veterans meeting.

i started this tread and just found out i will not be able to be there my sister is graduating this Saturday in St Louis.

See you all next month or if someone else wants to do something at a different date let me know

well lets adjust the date so we can get jim and bodyguard out this month.
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

How about Friday night around 5:30 or 6. It gives everyone time to go home and get changed from work or even 7. That is when I could make it. My brother-in-law is graduating on Saturday in the jeff area. How does that work for everyone else?
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!

Works for me....

Friday's are fine with me too. Then I can stay longer at the Zoo on Saturday. Keep in mind that people could live 30-45 minutes away pretty easily. So I'd probably go with something like 6:30.

I also vote for Friday night. I've been wanting to get back to the get togethers since I met some of you at Zarda BBQ in Blue Springs. Saturdays, however, turn out to be so charged with other commitments that I find it very difficult to come. If we could do it on Friday nights, at least occasionally, that would really be fantastic.

It seems to be decided, Friday at 6:30 at the Liberty Steak'n'Shake. I believe the address is, 9500 NE Barry Rd, Kansas City, MO 64157-1200. I will show up around 6 and will inform them of a crowd around 20 Will be showing up. If anyone knows the approximate number please inform me. See you all there.
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!

Alright, Friday the 13th (our lucky day) at 6:30PM @ the Steak 'n Shake in Liberty, MO.

I'll start a roll call thread to get the attention of anyone not following this one.
    Last edited by ChiangShih; 05-10-2011 at 06:21 PM.
    Tiocfaidh Ar La